CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An old article on this witness. I don't see a media thread for this case yet? Is there one?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-08-19/Anggiat-Mora-Rita-Paulina-and-Prodeo-Patria-colorado-shooting/57148714/1

USAtodayvisual.JPG

The Indonesian family hasn't turned on the television since that night. They don't want to relive the horror.

"We don't talk about the Century 16 anymore — it will just bring back the pain," says Mora, 47.

Physically, he is on the mend. Only one of seven pieces of debris remains in his left eye. But the attack also has rattled him emotionally.

more at link

I wish we could see the evidence better

OK, I get that things need to be established on record.

But are we really going to go through this same thing with all 70 victims, and then the families of those killed??

Not sure I will be able to watch all of that.

At this point, we know that people went to a movie theater, previews were played but no one remembers what they are, and the Batman movie started.

I mean, does the jury need to hear that from all 70 people for them to understand that happened? LOL

And then the question "Did something unusual happen after the movie started?"

Someone committing mass murder is now "unusual"??? LOL!!

Wife and Mother of the last two witnesses

She said her husband told her to get on the ground, but I didn't want to. Prosecutor asks why?

"Because I was watching a movie!"

I guess these little breaks of levity are helpful to everyone...

But are we really going to go through this same thing with all 70 victims, and then the families of those killed??

At this point, we know that people went to a movie theater, previews were played but no one remembers what they are, and the Batman movie started.

I mean, does the jury need to hear that from all 70 people for them to understand that happened? LOL

The way it's presented in court by the prosecutor asking if something was "unusual" is a way :moo: to avoid leading the witness. It's common in trials I have followed. :moo:

:moo: YES to hearing from all of them. If it was MY family member, I would want JUSTICE for them (sorry for the all caps). And the prosecutors have said they would represent all of them and the trial may last through September (with sentencing phase) per Beth Karas.

The way it's presented in court by the prosecutor asking if something was "unusual" is a way :moo: to avoid leading the witness. It's common in trials I have followed. :moo:

:moo: YES to hearing from all of them. If it was MY family member, I would want JUSTICE for them (sorry for the all caps). And they have said they would represent all of them and the trial may last through September (with sentencing phase) per Beth Karas.

I guess you are right. I get that. I would be a TERRIBLE jury member! I would have to do everything in my power - and still not sure I could hold it in - to scream out "OK, we get it!"

But then I have the well known patience of a gnat...LOL!

I guess you are right. I get that. I would be a TERRIBLE jury member! I would have to do everything in my power - and still not sure I could hold it in - to scream out "OK, we get it!"

But then I have the well known patience of a gnat...LOL!

With some trials (e.g. Travis trial and xxxxx as defendant) the defense and their paid witnesses made me :pullhair:

But to listen and WITNESS these folks testifying... I am not impatient AT ALL. I want to listen to their testimony. Their time to tell their story. :moo: It is what I think WS is about is support of all the victims...and I want to hear their words. I too may not hang in for all of it during real time due to RL... but will keep up with.

:moo:

I noticed as each witness is called, a local reporter tweets what charges pertain to the witnesses. I think they are not just establishing a record but have to show what each charge is for? Something like that? Just an idea.

With some trials (e.g. Travis trial and xxxxx as defendant) the defense and their paid witnesses made me :pullhair:

But to listen and WITNESS these folks testifying... I am not impatient AT ALL. I want to listen to their testimony. Their time to tell their story. :moo: It is what I think WS is about is support of all the victims...and I want to hear their words. I too may not hang in for all of it during real time due to RL... but will keep up with.

You are right. Each one deserves to have their truth known. I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight. I fully admit I can be selfish..I am an only child with no children of my own. My world revolves around me! LOL!!

Not understanding what is so funny....these people went through a hell on earth. If someone on the jury feels that way, hopefully, that person will be dismissed.

There will more than enough "expert" witnesses in this trial as well. It is expected to last 4 - 5 months.

Not understanding what is so funny....these people went through a hell on earth. If someone on the jury feels that way, hopefully, that person will be dismissed.

It's not funny. Just sounds funny the way the prosecutor is asking these questions. And there have been "funny" answers, for example, one of them said "I don't know if previews were shown, I was sleeping".

The reason we are here is nothing but horrifically tragic! I haven't forgotten that. And I have been educated on why it is necessary.

Rita Paulina said she "prayed to God that if I would die there he would take me to heaven."

Likes0

anica.padilla

back:) and bless this woman :heartbeat:

Rita Paulina says her son, Prodeo Patria, helped an injured stranger out of the theater.

These are the charges that pertain to Rita Paulina:
COUNT 53-Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)
COUNT 111-Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)

sorry, catching up.........reviewing pics w/witness of injuries to arm and leg of surgeries.....

moving to admit......

objections to two of them.......admitted over objections......

published

Standard operating procedure for trials. No need to be so critical.

Rita Paulina said she "prayed to God that if I would die there he would take me to heaven."

Likes0

anica.padilla

back:) and bless this woman :heartbeat:

Welcome back!! I found Jens Trial Diaries.. but, I wasn't sure if I should post the tweets or not when you were gone.

no further questions....

no cross

no jury questions......

she's excused......

bless her:)

Here is an example - These are the charges that pertain to Rita Paulina:
COUNT 53-Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)
COUNT 111-Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)

@MarcKMGH -Good question, but this is actually something we expected. Rita Paulina, for example, is the subject of two of the charges Holmes faces. Therefore, the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a those particular crimes occurred and were perpetrated by the defendant.

Someone asked on thread why they are bringing in all the witnesses. A local reported just tweeted an answer to this question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer