CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. So if the defendant was sick he would be able to stay away but the trial would go ahead. Otherwise he should be made to appear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not completely sure in that case if the trial had already started. My guess is the defense would request time off until he is well enough to be there.

When I did some psych rotations, I sat in with one of the psychiatrists that was determining whether a forensic patient was competent to stand trial. In this case, the patient told the doctor that he was going to go up to the judge in court and confess his crime. This is obviously not a good idea and not how it works in a court. So at that point, he wasn't competent and the doctor planned to meet with him further to try to educate and make sure he could help and not hurt his case.

Love how she assumes that if they would have put him on an anti-psychotic he may not have taken it---sure now perhaps he does BUT he may not have a choice---(however, that being said---my mom in her dementia often did not take what she was supposed to at the nursing home---so there is that)

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. Feinstein is talking about JH's decision to stop taking some meds, refusing others. #theatershooting

when Higgs says "YOU" in her questioning-it's annoying & sounding accusatory & somewhat shouting at the doc. IMO

Did we see the fall? When was that shown?

I know I've seen it for sure. I am assuming it was during the trial. It may have been during the defense's opening statements. Can't remember exactly. But I really did enjoy watching him fall on his butt.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 55s56 seconds ago
See latest batch of documents released today by #theatershooting court at http://dpo.st/trialdocs

-----------------------
Hsing Tseng ‏@HsingTseng · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense cross-exam: Feinstein and Fenton had known that JH wanted to kill lots of people from the very start. #TheaterShooting

I know this has been said before but the defence team testifies!!! CORRECT?!!!

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 1m1 minute ago
The Google chat records between the gunman and Ben Garcia are now available here: http://bit.ly/1CfJ7Cm #theatershooting

---------------------------------
Nicole ‏@LadyJustice2188 · 1m1 minute ago
JAMES HOLMES TRIAL: DAY 34 - PART 2 "JAIL FOOTAGE" https://youtu.be/ot1pA5eSAWI #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Can sometimes take several visits to develop a "therapeutic alliance" with a patient, Feinstein says. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense is going with it's the therpists fault for not putting JH on a mental hold. Do you agree? #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Feinstein insists that it was no HIPAA violation for Fenton to reach out to JH's mother. #theatershooting

Hsing Tseng ‏@HsingTseng · 33s34 seconds ago
Defense atty Higgs says that sometimes certain doctors and patients just don't work together. Feinstein agrees. #TheaterShooting

SLAM! I had thought that it WAS a Hippa viololation with Dr. Fenton by the question that was asked/answered the other day. I was concerned, not for this trial, but for the Dr. that she did a violation in calling his mom. This witness just clarified it was NOT a Hippa violation. I'm surprised that it is not, but interesting that THIS atty brought out that clarification.

Let me know if I am incorrect in my thinking.

Ms Higgs trying to look cute by pretending she can't pronounce the medication names!

A well prepared attorney would have asked for help in pronouncing the medical terms/medications, practicing the words over and over again, to make a good impression to the Court, Jurors, Witnesses, the client, and everyone else, showing that she cares about her client and information she is trying to get across. This to me proves that MS Higgs is not well prepared and reflects onto the defense team.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense pointing out that JH's mental illness made it hard for him to communicate #theatershooting #theatertrial

--------Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 53s53 seconds ago
Feinstein: JH seemed "vigilant" about his environment in therapy, looking around and paying attention. #theatershooting

-------

Defense: it's not uncommon for someone to avoid saying certain things in order to avoid getting locked up. #TheaterShooting

a few seconds ago

Dr. Feinstein on why he didn't press the gunman for more details: "The concern is that he'll drop out of care altogether and that was something we really did not want to happen."
anica.padilla

Fenton's positive testifying yesterday was very much a result of her consulting with university malpractice lawyers and probably her own personal malpractice lawyers, IMO. I am sure they instructed her to answer each question affirmatively and not sheepishly with her tail between her legs when answering the defense's guilt-implying questions. They and she did a great job. Feinstein as well. Not expressing any hesitation or indication of guilt.

SLAM! I had thought that it WAS a Hippa viololation with Dr. Fenton by the question that was asked/answered the other day. I was concerned, not for this trial, but for the Dr. that she did a violation in calling his mom. This witness just clarified it was NOT a Hippa violation. I'm surprised that it is not, but interesting that THIS atty brought out that clarification.

Let me know if I am incorrect in my thinking.

I thought so--IIRC he even said not to contact his mom :thinking:

Ms Higgs acts like she is about to make a massive point and then doesn't. I feel almost let down. She is building me up for nothing!

Defense: it's not uncommon for someone to avoid saying certain things in order to avoid getting locked up. #TheaterShooting

Feinstein: I didn't omit this information from police. I responded to their questions just like I'm responding to yours. #TheaterShooting

Defense asks Feinstein about friends. Doctor had few details, says JH gave same kind of "misdirection, nods, non-response" #theatershooting

Feinstein considered JH's "hatred of humanity" as an "obsessive thought." It didn't carry much emotion. #theatershooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust