CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning! I'm stuck in bed sick. Still watching the trial though lol! I'm such a trooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it is 9 PM at your house, right? So, even if I wasn't sick, I'd be in bed too! LOL
I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2m2 minutes ago
Now judge scolds defense attorney Kristen Nelson for interrupting him. #theatershooting

Wowza...Judge is real feisty this morning!! :)

Ah yes. You are correct.

But all this family stuff doesn't seem to fit mitigation at this stage. Saying that, they are allowed to present anything they feel is mitigation so that's what they've done.

Yes. This was their chance to really use the mental illness to mitigate. Dr. Metzer's testimony was a very small part, buried in all the friends & family's testimony. IMO, they should've bombarded the jury with all the previous docs to testify on MI.

Yes. This was their chance to really use the mental illness to mitigate. Dr. Metzer's testimony was a very small part, buried in all the friends & family's testimony. IMO, they should've bombarded the jury with all the previous docs to testify on MI.

I agree. I was expecting a lot of mental health testimony. All this family stuff isn't relevant in my opinion.

It's 4:22 pm at Maisie's house lol!

LOL Maisie..Yikes..I only added 2 hours instead of 5 ..Lyndyoo had a senior moment....haaaa aaaa Thanks for bringing me back to proper time zonings..LOL

Now the defence are arguing that Dr Fenton should have put the shooter on a mental health hold. They want that to be part of the jury instructions? Surely they can't do that?!

LOL Maisie..Yikes..I only added 2 hours instead of 5 ..Lyndyoo had a senior moment....haaaa aaaa Thanks for bringing me back to proper time zonings..LOL

Well I am in the minority here so really my time zone is insignificant lol!!

Judge Samour had an amazing memory for details! He can remember what witnesses said weeks ago!

I agree. I was expecting a lot of mental health testimony. All this family stuff isn't relevant in my opinion.

Me too..I actually only thought that Metzler's testimony was actually pointing to some sort of mitigation..given his strong statement.."If Not for MI, this would never have happened". The rest was actually window dressing for J. and what his whole life was about from cradle to mass murder. Not so much mitigating those aggravators, but to highlight his past to focus on his aberrant actions must have been due to MI.

Wow, the Ms Nelson is arguing that JH wrote about 'galactic colonization' because he was observed to be writing something? Judge said he doesn't recall anyone testifying to the time when it was written, but he will check.
The defense doesn't seem to know when to stop, IMO

Me too..I actually only thought that Metzler's testimony was actually pointing to some sort of mitigation..given his strong statement.."If Not for MI, this would never have happened". The rest was actually window dressing for J. and what his whole life was about from cradle to mass murder. Not so much mitigating those aggravators, but to highlight his past to focus on his aberrant actions must have been due to MI.

That's what I think too. How could such a lovely sweet kid turn into such a monster? Mental illness chose him (according to his mother).

There are so many evil people who are evil just for evils sake. They might have had the best upbringing but they still go bad. I'm not convinced the shooter did this because of his illness.

The shooter "values his medication" - he never said that! And when challenged by the prosecution Nelson said "well he doesn't say that exactly" The defence are sneaky!

That's what I think too. How could such a lovely sweet kid turn into such a monster? Mental illness chose him (according to his mother).

There are so many evil people who are evil just for evils sake. They might have had the best upbringing but they still go bad. I'm not convinced the shooter did this because of his illness.

For every killer, whether serial killer, mass murderer or single killer- EVERYONE who knew the killer has said they are shocked that the person did what they did. They saw no signs, they were a great neighbor, they were perfect children. They had no idea. Basically, most are sweet kids who became a killer.

So now playing video games is prodromal symptoms..Yikes..we better watch over our shoulders as kids today all play x-box ..

I agree with both of you, I thought there would be much more attention to MI in this phase, especially since the jury didn't accept the NGRI argument.
I don't think anyone suggested JH was rude, or a bully as a child or teen, so the endless testimony about how polite he was seemed odd.
I believe more attention to MI would have been much more effective than dozens of acquaintances on the stand to say JH was a well mannered child. Particularly since a good part of the witnesses only knew the Mom, Dad, and Sister - and the jury will be instructed that they can't vote due to sympathy for the family of the defendant, IMO

So now playing video games is prodromal symptoms..Yikes..we better watch over our shoulders as kids today all play x-box ..

My husband plays video games. Should I watch my back?

Lol! Even I play video games from time to time with the kids. It doesn't affect a normal persons frame of mind or day to day life!

Inexplicably anxious for court today. And there's gloomy weather and a huge thunderstorm moving in.

Good morning, friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member