CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His Honor: "I've ruled on that. Let's move on." That is an imperative by The Court and cannot be argued, and the other principals know it. He's so nice, so smart, and so firm. And neither side is gonna mess with that. Love it!! What a jurist!

As usual playing catch up on this case...and of course have questions.

I didn't see one thing that qualified as a mitigating factor? Maybe previous therapy but that's a stretch. So what were the mitigating factors? They have already decided he is sane, so I don't get this whole "he had an idealistic childhood so he must have just gone crazy" argument. This seems like it would have been better presented during the first phase of trial.

And not to beat a dead horse, but wasn't Britney Spears put on a 5150 hold? Just for acting crazy right? Not making any sort of threats? I could be, in the words of Bryan Williams be "misremembering" but if my recollections are correct I would think if you were able to get a 5150 on a very rich and famous person that you would be able to get one on a regular person saying they wanted to kill other people. It's a moot point now in this particular case but I think it should be something considered carefully for the future.

Does anyone remember what eccolalia (sp?) is?
Am I the only one thinking that the Defenses' instructions are extremely long and complicated? They seem really detailed, IMO

Well, the judge has really had it at this time with all the attorneys!

I didn't see one thing that qualified as a mitigating factor? Maybe previous therapy but that's a stretch. So what were the mitigating factors? They have already decided he is sane, so I don't get this whole "he had an idealistic childhood so he must have just gone crazy" argument. This seems like it would have been better presented during the first phase of trial.

And not to beat a dead horse, but wasn't Britney Spears put on a 5150 hold? Just for acting crazy right? Not making any sort of threats? I could be, in the words of Bryan Williams be "misremembering" but if my recollections are correct I would think if you were able to get a 5150 on a very rich and famous person that you would be able to get one on a regular person saying they wanted to kill other people. It's a moot point now in this particular case but I think it should be something considered carefully for the future.

I believe Britney Spears shaved her head and was threatening the paparazzi with her umbrella. Didn't she also hit a car with it? Her dad was really concerned about her and pushed for her to be held.

If I remember correctly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Britney Spears shaved her head and was threatening the paparazzi with her umbrella. Didn't she also hit a car with it? Her dad was really concerned about her and pushed for her to be held.

If I remember correctly!

Yes I believe you are correct!! I wonder if it wasn't for her family pushing for a hold would one have been issued, which leads to me wonder what the shooters family would have done with the info had they found out. So many what ifs to ask in this case, and really all cases I guess!

Ooh the judge is definitely testy today!

You're not misremembering. But she was displaying erratic behavior for several days prior & it was clearly noticed by people she was with. It wasn't really revealed , I don't think, all of what she was saying or doing, maybe there were threats. But her behavior was enough to alarm her people to take action.

I noticed that the defence still want to call the shooter by his name. Prosecution say no, he's been called "the defendant" since the start of the trial. Judge agrees and so he should. The defendant is now convicted. Why should he get any special treatment!

Am I the only one thinking that the Defenses' instructions are extremely long and complicated? They seem really detailed, IMO

That's referring to Trichollomania..which is the pulling of hair disorder..Course this was only self-reported by Jimmy..not one of his family or friends ever mentioned this affliction ?? So I do not tend to believe it..Just another symptom that J. researched out and used in his discussions with experts...
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/trichotillomania/basics/definition/con-20030043

echolalia
noun 1. Psychiatry. the uncontrollable and immediate repetition of words spoken by another person.

2. the imitation by a baby of the vocal sounds produced by others, occurring as a natural phase of childhood development.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/echolalia

echolalia
noun 1. Psychiatry. the uncontrollable and immediate repetition of words spoken by another person.

2. the imitation by a baby of the vocal sounds produced by others, occurring as a natural phase of childhood development.

ok, thanks. that refers to him repeating, "can't teach an old dong new tricks." over & over at the hospital. Remember that?

echolalia

Thank you! I think I remember a juror asking one of the Dr's about this specifically (not sure which one). I wonder if the defense included it because of the juror question?

Is court really back?? My stream isn't streaming?

Yes. They've just finalised the jury instructions. The judge is stepping down to make the changes and will be back to discuss the closing arguments.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1m1 minute ago
The judge will be back on the bench in about 10 minutes, per @rwmccallum #theatershooting

did you all see jimmy having a snack at the table? munching on something & for the first time ever, he's is having a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB