CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame zoey has to miss this. Thinking of you zoey. :loveyou:

@larryryckman: Jury is being summoned for one hour of instructions, followed by closing arguments. #theatershooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The defence say "we don't kill people for being sick". Mentally ill people have been given the death penalty before. MI is not a licence to do whatever you like!

Why doesn't Canada have the DP? That Luka Magnotta should have been executed. That is one sick puppy.

@larryryckman: "The evidence has now been completed in Phase 2 of the sentencing hearing," the judge tells jurors.

Why doesn't Canada have the DP? That Luka Magnotta should have been executed. That is one sick puppy.

I don't know when Canada stopped using the DP. The UK abolished the DP in 1965. Not sure when they did.

We haven't had Dp in Canada since the '60's Whiteorchids and even our first degree although it say life..it's actually not life because parole application starts after 25 years...So no such thing here as LWOP even....Now you know why so many evil folks try to get into Canada before getting caught south of 49th parallel..

@larryryckman: The judge is distributing copies of the instructions and jury forms to jurors. He's going over the schedule with them now.

@larryryckman: Deliberating jurors will have access to all of the evidence -- except live ammo. If they want ammo, guns will be removed.

www.twitter.com/larryryckman

We haven't had Dp in Canada since the '60's Whiteorchids and even our first degree although it say life..it's actually not life because parole application starts after 25 years...So no such thing here as LWOP even....Now you know why so many evil folks try to get into Canada before getting caught south of 49th parallel..

Same here. It's very rare that life actually means life. Judges don't sentence people to whole life sentences unless the crime is truly heinous.

@pstenser: Judge Samour now reading his instructions to #TheaterShooting jury for upcoming deliberation

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438281745.708852.jpg

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Jury is in the court room listening to instructions, which are expected to take around 50 more minutes.

Judge going through jury admonishments. I'm not surprised he doesn't read them everyday! There are so many! All important though.

@pstenser: Each jurors’ "individual reasoned moral judgement” will be at the core of their decisions in this phase. WATCH live: http://t.co/rIXbgIhnjO

@larryryckman: A mitigating factor is not an excuse for the crime, the judge says. Rather it is something that argues for a life sentence.

@larryryckman: JH's emotional state, absence of prior offenses are among possible mitigating factors, judge tells jurors.

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Judge is naming JH relatives who have mental illness.

@larryryckman: "He appeared to be a happy child by those who knew him," judge reads from instructions. #theatershooting

Do children really do a class to get ready for a new baby? My kids were told there was to be a baby and just got on with it.

A lot of mitigators. Jumping ahead, but wondering how many aggravators there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB