CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JH doesn't fit the profile of past mass murderers. That's why it's so strange. I've been watching that lifetime documentary series "A monster in my family" All those serial killers killed and abused animals and were jerks. I can't imagine anyone so pissed about a breakup or failing school they would kill a bunch of people knowing they would spend the rest of life in a crappy 10x12 cell. That's why most mass murderers take their own life but maybe he would have but the gun jammed.

I guess this is why this case intrigues me.

He never intended on committing suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that but glad you checked in. I am getting a head ache as well. The defense put their whole case into the jury instructions. The judge is now reading jimmy's whole life story! OMG!

I remember yesterday that the Judge asked the defense how many pages this would be and the lawyer said about 10 pages. The Judge replied "10 okay"....or very close to that comment. The Judge seemed surprised and not happy by his voice. I guess 10 pages is more then normal but they are going over the entire time.

I do not remember this in the other DP cases in other states. At least the Judge is reading it, where if it was the lawyer(s) it might be drawn long and drawn out.

I think the Jury is over this part...and ready to hear closings. I wonder if the defense will go over this all in closing again. We shall have to wait and see/hear.

JMO on all above statements.

Really - The defense put the penis cup trick into the jury instructions? As if one juror is going to be on the fence, and then say 'but that cup trick...LWOP'. Defense doesn't know how to edit, IMO

@larryryckman: More references to JH's "broken mind" in the jury instructions. Also another mention of "floodgates open now."

@larryryckman: Instructions now recalling that JH said the gunshot residue bags put on his hands after arrest were for popcorn.

@larryryckman: Next instruction recalls JH smearing feces in jail cell, licking walls and balancing a cup on his penis.

@larryryckman: "Mr. Holmes did not choose to develop his mental illness," the next instruction reads.

www.twitter.com/larryryckman

I was asking the same thing on Twitter and Larry Ryckman said its the Defence theory of Mitigation. It does come across that the judge is somehow endorsing this theory!

Right. There were 4 or 5 mitigaters listed first. Then they were allowed to put the whole case theory into instructions.

@larryryckman: Instruction says JH did not find the #theatershooting pleasurable. JH was sweet and kind, never a poor loser. He avoided limelight.

@larryryckman: Instruction says these are individual decisions, not a group decision. Each juror must use his or her personal discretion.

@larryryckman: The judge is now reminding jurors of the aggravating factors they already found in the first penalty phase. #theatershooting

Still with all this being said, JH, knew and knows the difference between right and wrong. He planned the murder, purchased the items in such a fashion as to hide what he bought, covered apartment and car windows so he could hide what he was doing. He turned his apartment into a death trap to murder all responders, murdered and injured many, many people, and then planned an escape, that thankfully did not happen. He did research on MI and how people acted. He also used this in the jail cell IMO, to 'show' he was MI. He also took meds to make himself 'hurt less' if he was shot, dressed like a SWAT member and even covered certain areas of his body twice with extra padding. I could go on...but he knew right from wrong throughout the entire months and after in the jail. MI or no MI he is guilty and new right from wrong.

I wish we knew exactly what meds he was on, the amount each med he takes each dose and each day and if he argues when taking them and if he really takes them. We do not see jail house notes on his behavior.

What is the defense going to talk about now?

JMO

What if he stops taking his meds by cheeking after this trial which most with MI do over time, on and off meds. Off meds he might make/ hide shanks and weapons in his cell and try to kill guards, nurses, Drs, or prison workers. He was good at hiding bombs and he's very good at making explosives. I think he's a danger to everyone. He should get DP IMHO.

@larryryckman: They must decide whether mitigating factors outweigh aggravating factors. If yes, he gets life in prison. If no, phase 3. #theatershooting

What if he stops taking his meds by cheeking after this trial which most with MI do over time, on and off meds. Off meds he might make/ hide shanks and weapons in his cell and try to kill guards, nurses, Drs, or prison workers. He was good at hiding bombs and he's very good at making explosives. I think he's a danger to everyone. He should get DP IMHO.

But if we are to believe the evidence the shooter is scared of people. Therefore he isn't likely to attack someone one on one. He is only brave when he is dressed like this and at a distance ......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438284437.980919.jpg

@larryryckman: Judge now reminding jurors that the defendant has a right to not testify. Don't allow choice to prejudice you, he says.

Do we have a 2 hr wait until the verdict? I forgot what the judge said yesterday when they talked about it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB