CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one who thinks this attorney is awful and her presentation is awful? I loathe to be disrespectful but really, where is the common sense here?

@larryryckman: At this rate, this isn't going to leave much, if any, time for cross examination of gunman's mother today.

@larryryckman: Higgs says there a "last couple of areas" she wants to go into with #theatershooting gunman's mother

@larryryckman: Mother says her son was "sensitive to what people were thinking or needing." Never saw him be rude or disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know I keep bringing this up but that jury has to be sitting over there more concerned with who is going to be next to get sick...the coughing is really bad....and the judge is thinking about that too...and this defense atty. just keeps going on and on.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2m2 minutes ago Longmont, CO
Mother says her son was "sensitive to what people were thinking or needing." Never saw him be rude or disrespectful. #theatershooting

^^ Okay..fine and dandy..but he sure did make up for obedience and good manners didn't he when he grew up out of your oversight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really the state just needs to get up and say it seems that "Jimmy had everything a kid could want and that you and his father did all possible to make sure he was happy". End.

Is this the same attorney who pontificates on and on to the judge when she has the floor during a hearing?

Is it just me or did his mother throw him at every single activity available? I understand you wanting your child to get involved with outside stuff but he was pushed into a lot of clubs!

Is this the same attorney who pontificates on and on to the judge when she has the floor during a hearing?

No that's Ms Nelson. She will be up later once the jury have gone home and they are discussing jury instructions.

Actually, I am a bit jealous jh had such a wonderful childhood. My mother was crippled in a wheelchair when I was 6. I was only child & had to do all the things around the house cooking meals, clean house, wash clothes, etc. Dad did not get help in. We had NO vacations. rant over

I'm so sorry about your Mom, MissHaley! I'm with you, though - no Disneyland, Hawaii, or kayaking bumper boats in my childhood - no vacations.
I hope the jury feels the same way, and is irritated at the snails pace this is taking. I'm sure it's hardly refreshing after the 7 or 8 videotaped testimonies that said absolutely nothing, IMO

@larryryckman: Mother is now recalling her son's good deeds and volunteer work at school. It was required at school, she says.

ok, helping the 80 yr old neighbor taking her garbage out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? WOW WOW WOW

I'm so sorry about your Mom, MissHaley! I'm with you, though - no Disneyland, Hawaii, or kayaking bumper boats in my childhood - no vacations.
I hope the jury feels the same way, and is irritated at the snails pace this is taking. I'm sure it's hardly refreshing after the 7 or 8 videotaped testimonies that said absolutely nothing, IMO

You are very nice. I just need a hug.

Anyone else thinks it's time for the tears?

Oops, sounded like Mom might have gone off script a little bit there recalling how much security need to be arranged to visit her son.
Sounded like Higgs' had to remind her "is it because you aren't here'? Whoops, don't want the jury thinking about why polite Jimmy is in maximum security, IMO

@larryryckman: Mother says JH was very frugal and good at budgeting money.

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting mom says that JH helped elderly neighbor by getting her groceries and taking out her trash

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting shortly after shootings, she saw him. Has visited 3x since. Would like to visit more.

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting he needs protection and is inconvenient for law-enforcement to make the arrangements for their visitation
@Six_Jones: @thegoldpatrol Yesterday dad said that Jimmy wouldn't put them on his approved visitor list. :)

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting they have flown to Colorado 12x since the event.

@larryryckman: Mom says it's important to be in court "to be in the same room but also to follow his case and see what's going to happen." #theatershooting

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting she has regularly written letters to him - on a weekly basis. Talk about his life.

I really don't see the point of all this baby book talk or videos of him as a baby.

I think, at least in part, that the defense wants to show that he had a pretty normal childhood -- was not abused or neglected or molested, etc. So how could this guy have done what he did? The only thing that would explain it is that he was schizophrenic (according to Gur and others) and was in a psychotic state when he committed the crimes. This is not what I say or believe, but I think it's the defense's reason for what he did. Plus MI was in his family, and in his genes. (Again, their theory, not mine.) I do think that during puberty things did happen to him, mental-wise, but he kept it, if he even noticed it, covered-up. He was already secretive and a loner, so no way he was going to tell the 'rents.

Ms Holmes is trying to hear what is going on at the bench...she is looking in that direction.....can she hear them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70