CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the court bailiffs usually stand for a bench conference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry about your Mom, MissHaley! I'm with you, though - no Disneyland, Hawaii, or kayaking bumper boats in my childhood - no vacations.
I hope the jury feels the same way, and is irritated at the snails pace this is taking. I'm sure it's hardly refreshing after the 7 or 8 videotaped testimonies that said absolutely nothing, IMO

In a word~~ Privileged!!!! Yet he turned out to be a monster..So why is he not considered a predator other coined term when someone does such a heinous crime!!

Is there anybody who actually find's that such a cold callous murderer found guilty of multi-murders of innocents..have any empathy for J.?

While parent's are victim's too...It appears they had a rather obscure methodology to assisting their son..Give him money..bring him home..and blame themselves for not seeing his aberrant views...Obviously Jimmy isn't the little boy defence has spent so much time trying to portray..nor the family dynamics ( tho privileged) was NOT making a difference....

Even J. said he wanted to Kill himself back ( I doubt it..really it was an experiment just ike kids in my day using safety pins to try and make them stay there) when he was a youngster ( move/cardboard para-suicidal suggestions) during move back from utopia to Monterey....SMH...Progess to killing others hatred towards humanity..seek that value point..came much later ..SMH!!

Ms Holmes is trying to hear what is going on at the bench...she is looking in that direction.....can she hear them?

You're right, she was totally trying to listen to the bench conference! She probably can't hear it.

Ms Holmes is trying to hear what is going on at the bench...she is looking in that direction.....can she hear them?

I hope not. That white noise is quite loud.

Juror question. Hope it is a good one.

No cross?

I think prosecution thinks they will be better served not to go after the mother and to save their forcefullness for Aggravation.

@larryryckman: Arlene writes to JH "to maintain a connection and show him that even though we're not here, we are thinking of him every day and we care."

@larryryckman: Final Higgs' question: Do you still love him? Arlene: Yes. Prosecution says it has no questions for JH mother. #theatershooting

@larryryckman: But jurors have questions for gunman's mother. Bench conference to discuss. #theatershooting

Pearson & Miss Tish-MacGuire - look the same to me
Nelson & Spengler are eerily alike. Same hair color & wear it the same, same glasses, same stiff, slim body type & even speak the same!
From this courtroom view I can't tell them apart.

@larryryckman: Jury: Did you ever see JH shedding tears at grandma's gravesite? A: No, but yes as a kid when the dog died.

@larryryckman: Jury: When did JH begin talking? A: About 18 months.

@larryryckman: Jury: Did he talk more when he was little than when he grew up? A: Yes.

@larryryckman: Jury: Did James talk much and share his feelings with family counselor? A: No, not very much.

@larryryckman: "I don't want him to forget about the past and hopefully he can carve out some kind of future under these circumstances."

Is this Mom's interpretation of what the expert witnesses said in court really a follow up to the juror's question?

mom was going to say that 'I heard testimony, that his brain was getting smaller'. That's why she thinks he'll forget his past. IMO

Bottom Line: The parents did the best they could with what they had. That's all anyone can do.

What happens after this...does each side have a 2 minute 'speech' or does it go right to Jury rules for deliberation again?

Pearson & Miss Tish-MacGuire - look the same to me
Nelson & Spengler are eerily alike. Same hair color & wear it the same, same glasses, same stiff, slim body type & even speak the same!
From this courtroom view I can't tell them apart.

Ms Teesch-Maguire usually wears part of her hair up. Ms Nelson doesn't.

Ms Spengler is very stiff as is Ms Nelson lol! Good observation! Nelson has long hair while Spengler has very short. My screen is sometimes blurry so I can't always see their hair to tell them apart.

@larryryckman: DA spent hours cross examining the father, but decides not to question the gunman's mother. #theatershooting

Jeez lighten up on the poor Mom. I feel really bad for her. No one here knows her pain. She comes across as s loving mom. Quit bashing her. I think it's hateful.

She can't help what he did. It's not her fault for the love of God have some compassion folks.

Arlene H. also, IMO, put a heavy load on herself from the beginning -- she kept them all from falling over whatever edges that might have been out there. She wanted everything to go well and wanted the family, especially the kids, to be happy, wanted, nurtured, and loved. Obviously her husband didn't see it, or did not want to take on such a "project." And now, the poor woman sees the horror, sadness, loss, etc., etc., etc., and not just her own, but all those other parents and spouse's and loved ones that her only son left in his wake. How does she get out of bed every morning -- thinking of the other people who are still dealing with their losses and forever will.

The defense loves to talk so she's not gonna stop. It makes me sick when she laughs at stuff his mom says.

I 100% feel the same way. It's very disrespectful (not to mention unprofessional) for the DA to laugh during any phase of any murder trial... much less one of this magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70