CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't vote DP because JH was polite? Really? Bob & Arlene Homes aren't on trial - why does Brady keep yelling their names? Sheesh!

BUT Policey Men kill MI all the time when they create a threat..no?
Why shouldn't this jury do it the same thing ..because J. was too fearful to challenge the police should he get LWOP on the taxpayer's dime!!

I truly wish she would STOP SCREAMING!!!!

Actually here in the U.S. Less expensive to house a LWOP then DP with cost of all the DP appeals. I know it's hard to believe but true.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#AlexTeves - 24, saved his gf's life, pulled her down and wrapped his arms around her head.
#theatershooting

Yet another young man who died a HERO!!

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

He lived 24-25 years in complete compliance with all rules and laws until mental illness struck

Then he has red hair, stuff in apartment

Prior to that, he didn’t spend his life hurting people. Appreciate the upbringing from mom & dad

Those are also considerations for life sentence. You jurors chosen b/c you told us the case

Would not automatically mean death.

You would give consider mental illness as reason for life sentence

Evidence not a driving force. Consideration for mitigation too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I have with what Brady is saying is that she acts like this is either he is a monster or he is mentally ill. I think it's both. He is a sick monster. Millions of Americans suffer from mental illness. Only a few ever take it to this level, and to blame it all on mental illness is not fair IMO to all those who live day in and day out with a mental illness yet still make the right choice between right and wrong.

:goodpost: :yeahthat: :aktion:

She always sounds like she's crying to me. She started with "I am emotional"... But the jurors aren't allowed to be emotional?

Actually here in the U.S. Less expensive to house a LWOP then DP with cost of all the DP appeals. I know it's hard to believe but true.

True :peace: ..but and I mean just that..Being labelled a DP Felon is an important designation for some....

Remember I am NOT a proponent of DP at all..Not even a consideration in Canada since the '60's. BUT this case is in Colorado not here nor in any of those other States that have outlawed DP...

The problem I have with what Brady is saying is that she acts like this is either he is a monster or he is mentally ill. I think it's both. He is a sick monster. Millions of Americans suffer from mental illness. Only a few ever take it to this level, and to blame it all on mental illness is not fair IMO to all those who live day in and day out with a mental illness yet still make the right choice between right and wrong.

Yes, you are right....and there would be possibly more sympathy for him if he had said 'I am Sorry." No remorse, none, that does not show MI, just chicken like when he wore all that body armor and took meds so he would not feel pain. That does play on the Jury, no showing any remorse.

Take step aside from emotion.

Have some perspective in decision. This could be most important you make and one you can live with

You can be example of anger without vengeance. Justice without violence.

Give accountability with mercy. Compassion with understanding, resolution with no more death

Death penalty doesn’t bring anyone back. It only adds to the death count.

You can’t come back and change your mind. Now’s the final chance & when all done you go home

Only with yourself. When you wake up and think of this case its only you and you answer to you

We will not be there, just you and you answer to your own conscious.

Don’t make decision for what other will think about you. Do whats right when it’s unpopular.

If life is right for you, you need to do what’s right. What with you think of decision 5 years

What will you tell your grandchildren about your decision. Judge - you can consider mercy for JH

The measure of our soul is how we treat the sick and damaged. JH is both

If you choose to grant mercy on him, it’s not b/c he earned or deserved it,

It’s bestowed by you. It says more about you if you choose to exercise mercy

Justice without mercy is raw vengeance. Mercy makes us civilized. Mercy ends violence

Just as JH didn’t ask for mental illness, his parents didn’t ask for son w. mental illness

They’ll love and support him for the rest of their lives. They know he wouldn’t have done this

Brauchler puts a quarter in the whack-a-mole game and pops up when Brady starts talking about a time in our country when we would execute children. (Sidebar time)

And I don't care that he lived his life without breaking laws until this happened. He was still paying bills on time and following all laws to make sure he had the chance to do this. He was well enough to play the game of life for as long as he needed to.

Had he not been sick. But he is, he is their son, Chris brother. His life has meaning to them

There was a time when our country executed children

Sidebar

Brady talking about the 'measure of our souls' - didn't she make GB take the word 'souls' (referring to the victims) out of his first closing because it was 'improper'? Is JH's soul more important? No, IMO
I'm so glad GB objected - I missed why, but it was sustained.

I want him to get DP. Governor refuses to sign death warrants but it would dictate his stay in prison. LWOP can have contact visits from friends and family which mean hugs, touching, and short kiss. DP inmates CANNOT have any contact visits so his prison loving GF's cannot give him hugs or hold hands while visiting like he wanted from his friend finder and match ads. I want him kept behind glass from his visitors. No touching.

Damn. I am completely opposed to the DP but this lady makes me want to rethink it. Her tone is condescending, aggravating and morally superior. She is NOT helping his client, nor she is helping the cause of mental illness. [insert expletive here]

Yes, you are right....and there would be possibly more sympathy for him if he had said 'I am Sorry." No remorse, none, that does not show MI, just chicken like when he wore all that body armor and took meds so he would not feel pain. That does play on the Jury, no showing any remorse.

Yes! Even I would have thought LWOP parole would have been appropriate if he got up there and said " I honestly don't know what drove me to do this, I can't believe I did this and there is no way for me to apologize deeply enough for what my actions have caused, but I will regret my actions for the rest of my life", but nope, indifference and no remorse. I think, at least in my experience, with a family member who has a mental illness and often has outbursts, that when they stabilize again they feel awful, embarrassed and want to say sorry.

Open our eyes to affects of mental illness and it won’t go away because we don’t like it

Justice requires each of you be just in your mind and heart.

There has to be justice for all, and there’s justice in mercy. We are better than our worst deeds

Before/duing/after July 20 2012 he was seriously mentally ill. Born of disease not choice

We don’t execute those who get sick. Law doesn’t require death. Only you can decide your morals

None can say what is right for you. YOUR individual moral determination. Your moral assessment

Only if all12 think death is appropriate will it be the death penalty

If 1 think life is appropriate, the law says it’s life. The law doesn’t want 1 person responsible

Oh boy, Brady already yelling. Yikes.

I can't half hear -- so I have had the volume my PC at max and the vol on the courtroom on max, but when she got started, I had to turn it down by half. Ouch. SMH.

Brady is what desperate looks and sounds like. MAN, PLEASE YELLING BRADY!!

Thank Gawd she done!! Haven't heard any description of jury reactions to closings!! Unlike other tweeter's from other trials!

No rebuttal!! Judge's final instructions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79