CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happening?!? I can't listen as I'm laying down with my two year old! I can't believe this is the last phase! Thank you so much to all the wonderful posters who have done tweets and kept us non listeners in the loop! And everyone else who shared opinions! I hope we have a resolution ASAP!

GB is talking about each of the victims and what will be remembered most about each person.

Thanks, I would go over to twitter land but I'm so adhd that I get distracted and somehow always end up looking at pictures of puppies or arguing with a troll. I need websleuths to keep me on the straight and narrow path!

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Defense objects. Overruled

Don’t ever go by what I tell you what the law is. Go with the law the judge gives you

One of the things consider now you haven’t before are the victims/deceased. THEY didn’t pick him

HE picked THEM. He chose the time and manner of their deaths. Does he get life for that?

What will you remember about Alex Sullivan? His birthday when he died? Relationship with dad?

He was the guy who jumped up for Superman, Or War Eagle?

@larryryckman: "... Does he get a life sentence for that?" Brauchler asks jurors in closing arguments. #theatershooting

AJ Boik - this photo taken just before he shot him to death. The young love?

Jessica Ghawi? The future taken from her. Pretty young woman wanting to be hockey announcer.

Gordon Cowden - @ movies w. 2 daughters. He doted on them. What will you remember about him?

He wasn’t the only parent. How about Rebecca Wingo. Those 2 young girls. She died where she sat

Jonathan Blunk - dad of 2. Wanted them to be courageous and strong, or remember he died protecting

Alex Teves, remember mom talking about loss of 1st born. Didn’t know until his death he sat With kid hurt in car accident every day for 2 mo.

John Larimer - will you remember his interest in serving, dreams of being president

His friends, at risk of their lives, tried to drag him out

Jesse Childress - world traveler, son to loving mother. Sports fanatic settled for Ramen for tix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micayla Medek - what her sister said or her death was a cruel twist of fate she moved seats?

He shot her in the head.

Matt McQuinn - is it he was a hard worker who couldn’t find work, going home to Ohio

Or that Mr Wonderful is buried now. He had more bullet holes than anyone in that theater

Veronica Moser Sullivan - forever 6, never made it to 1st grade. A mom who is lost.

She used to be a mother, she’s not anymore. Four times, he shot her four times

Remember in determine sentence that he came for them all w. 700 rounds

Not just to shoot and kill them but to stop 1st responders to help them

He stopped pulling the trigger only because the trigger stopped working. Is that a life sentence

Remember he predicted a life sentence.

Before he goes out to murder he changes 2 profiles online “Will you visit me in prison?"

He predicted it and planned it. Not a mm of flesh exposed - he made sure 1 person would be guaranteed to survive

On July 20, 2012, he came in to do a mass murder. We were lucky the tear gas canister fumbled

The apt that didn’t explode, the gun jamming. 1st responders - kept these 12 pix from 100’s

911 call played with gunshots in background

Sneeze. "Bless you."

Oh boy, Brady already yelling. Yikes.

We can appreciate the gravity of crime that took them from us and treat it appropriately

You can’t get justice for the FAMILIES or the victims. You can bring justice to this act & to HIM

For JH justice is death

It’s death

Brady up

I will tell you 1 thing Brauchler is right about - I will be emotional and passionate.

The weight of JH life is in my hands until I hand it over to you. I will not apologize

Theres 1 decision to be made. You all came in Jan on summons and it’s now August w. 1 decision

Life or death. Not to be taken lightly. The law breaks the sentencing in 3 phases.

Phase 1 - think about aggravation & crime
Phase 2 - mitigation to think about mental illness

Phase 3 - when you get to moral determination. That becomes about you. What do you do?

The question in phase 3 isn’t comparative anymore. It’s final. Does JH suffer the most harsh And severe punishment that our country and state allows? Execution or life in prison?

Before I go on, I want to pay respect to victims. Those who died and injured & to families

This weeks testimony was hard to hear. The dead were loved intensely by those to testified

Our hearts break at their loss. It hurts us to watch family hurt. We are all human in here.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#MattMcMcquinn - 27, died protecting his girlfriend. (So many heroes that night)
#theatershooting

Amen!!

Man if I was on the jury I would be wanting to tell her to stop yelling at me!

I almost wish GB would object to Brady's closing...almost. His was moving and poignant....Brady is just regurgitating their mental illness mantra to jury by yelling it at them? Seems like a bad idea, IMO

We all have people we love in our lives. We can’t help but imagine whats it like in their shoes

It’s impossible to not feel emotion, passion, and anger with this testimony.

The dead should not have died that way. They were just out to see a movie.

But now what? None at this table has spent a minute trying to convince you he didn’t do it

The defense hasn’t said the victims were anything other than blameless and innocent

The disagreement is mental illness.

Is execution the proper response when tragedy happened.

Either you believe he is mentally ill or not. That’s different from insane

How many docs should we bring in to say he’s mentally ill?

Fenton/Feinstein said they were worried he was on verge of psychotic

Woodcock - went in days after shootings. JH suffered from schizophrenia disorder/ psychotic

Gur - said JH was schizophrenic/psychotic and shooting wouldn’t have occurred if not for that

Docs judge appointed Reid, Metzner, they said he has schizophrenia/psychotic

All docs whenever they say him all agreed he is seriously mentally ill

If you say he’s not, you’ve chosen to ignore mounds of evidence saying he is

To mock, demean, deny he’s mentally ill. To make him seem hateful/evil/selfish.

You have to demean him to kill him

It’s easier to kill monster than sick human

BUT Policey Men kill MI all the time when they create a threat..no?
Why shouldn't this jury do it the same thing ..because J. was too fearful to challenge the police should he get LWOP on the taxpayer's dime!!

I truly wish she would STOP SCREAMING!!!!

The Pros had such a powerful closing!! When he said "kept the 12 pictures from being 100s of photos" I gasped. I can't imagine what could have been, if his plan had gone the way he intended. Makes me sick

I almost wish GB would object to Brady's closing...almost. His was moving and poignant....Brady is just regurgitating their mental illness mantra to jury by yelling it at them? Seems like a bad idea, IMO

MH to be decided for sure....but JH still knew right from wrong, no excuse for what he did.

If you believe he is mentally ill, the evidence, then the time here to ask “Do i SIGN MY NAME on the death warrant of a mentally ill person.

Death is not solution/cure for mentally ill no matter how tragic the case.

Not all who have psychosis commit tragic crimes. It did with JH

Each of us has to say to ourselves there but for the grace of god go I or my child

Why did he get schizophrenia? Why don’t you have it? He was born with genetics to get it

If you would not wish schizophrenia on your worst enemy then what logic dictates bob & arlene son should suffer execution for it?

Life appropriate for 24 years prior to July 20 - JH had no criminal history at all

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438894507.498172.jpg

Her case would be better served if she played on the jury's sympathies with a soft convincing voice rather than screaming at them. Her tone is abrasive and yelling antagonizes the jury.

The problem I have with what Brady is saying is that she acts like this is either he is a monster or he is mentally ill. I think it's both. He is a sick monster. Millions of Americans suffer from mental illness. Only a few ever take it to this level, and to blame it all on mental illness is not fair IMO to all those who live day in and day out with a mental illness yet still make the right choice between right and wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem