CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She actually turned her chair away from the jury though and was in serious conversation with Nelson. She paid no attention to Holmes. I am only bringing it up because I thought it was interesting, and I really wouldn't have been surprised ifHiggs did the rebuttal. She is their constitutional expert, very involved in the jury instructions the last few days. I was just surprised that she seems so affected that she became that animated. And just so we are clear, I am not attacking any lawyer, it was just an observation.

If she was in tears the shooter either didn't notice or didn't care. She was right next to him and he didn't look at her once.

It looked like Ms Brady had a set of photos on her paperwork. I wonder if she was planning on using a PowerPoint in her rebuttal arguments. It's almost like they had held something back from their first argument assuming the prosecution was definitely going to rebut. (Is that even a word?).

They definitely seemed surprised the prosecution decided against rebuttal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm
I liked it, too -- very poignant and so personal -- but I just broke into tears when he said, "War Eagle." Oh, that just clobbered me.

And yes, I thought Brady's very use of the word, "mercy" was disrespectful, nervy, and totally unfeeling. Mercy, my azz. Unbelievable. Sit down, shut up, please.
icon8.png

And when Brady started by saying she Will Be Emotional I wanted to scream. She thinks she has the right more than the victims and their families who lived the nightmare JH created. What Gaul she has. I would imagine the jury would be so appalled by that statement.

Actually that was my thought. Holmes didn't care, but she was crying. Nelson gives her a Kleenex first. I feel that they were surprised and I think ormand asked all the prosecutors if they were on the same page while GB was at the bench with Brady . I think the decision was made by gb and ormand before the last bench conference. I also think Higgs was planning to do the rebuttal, she took copious notes during GB closing.

If she was in tears the shooter either didn't notice or didn't care. She was right next to him and he didn't look at her once.

It looked like Ms Brady had a set of photos on her paperwork. I wonder if she was planning on using a PowerPoint in her rebuttal arguments. It's almost like they had held something back from their first argument assuming the prosecution was definitely going to rebut. (Is that even a word?).

They definitely seemed surprised the prosecution decided against rebuttal.

I'm appalled that she had the nerve to WHINE about the prosecutions "appeal to emotion", had the nerve to TAKE NOTE of jurors who dared show emotion at a paralyzed woman who lost her babies, and had the nerve to whine to the judge that they were emotional, yet she wants everyone to EXCUSE HER for being emotional? I want to let out a string of not nice words for her!

Praying this jury gets a good night of sleep and is well rested for tomorrow. Hoping for a verdict.

No, but I wondered if she would be upset. Channel 7 anchors thought she may have had a surprise in the rebuttal, but GB deflated the surprise by not giving one himself. I am going to have to go back and watch now!

Yeah, me too!

I seriously doubt that the Defense put all of their eggs in a basket of assuming the Prosecution would rebut, and saved their star arguments for their rebuttal.

These are experienced lawyers, albeit not so 'crafty' as their counterparts in private practice might be.

Civil servants can be even more passionate about their causes, the reason for their chosen career path, unlike some others in private practice who are in it for money/fame. I respect them for their dedication, primarily because they represent what our Justice System is truly about: Two sides, in an adversarial system.

(I'll leave it at that, for now...)

~jmo~

Perhaps that crying jag was a show for the jury . Crying because poor jimmy is possibly going to get death. :puke:

for some reason I don't think that the jury will interpret it as the strategy didn't work for her to get the last say

And when Brady started by saying she Will Be Emotional I wanted to scream. She thinks she has the right more than the victims and their families who lived the nightmare JH created. What Gaul she has. I would imagine the jury would be so appalled by that statement.

I would think the attorneys, during their training, would be told not to show emotion as it can back fire. Their job is to defend, not cry. I think she did this on purpose. I also do not think Judge S appreciated it. I bet next time she is in his court room, he tells the attornies to control their emotions and explains why. This really can backfire on the defense. Have to wait and see.

I would think the attorneys, during their training, would be told not to show emotion as it can back fire. Their job is to defend, not cry. I think she did this on purpose. I also do not think Judge S appreciated it. I bet next time she is in his court room, he tells the attornies to control their emotions and explains why. This really can backfire on the defense. Have to wait and see.

Just quickly checking in--did Brady cry?? True victim's unable to show emotion but she can! SMDH :(

Final deliberations underway in James Holmes sentencing trial
August 06, 2015

Closing arguments took place Thursday in the final portion of the sentencing phase of Holmes’ nearly four-month murder trial. The jury began deliberating Thursday afternoon for close to two hours before going home for the day. Deliberations will resume Friday at 8:30 a.m. local time.

Judge Carlos A. Samour Jr. read instructors to jurors, telling them their decisions “may well be the most serious and important decision you ever have to make," and asked the group to repeatedly to use "their own individual reasoned moral judgment" in making their decision.

The jurors must render a unanimous decision if Holmes is to be sentenced to lethal injection or given life in prison without the possibility of parole. If the jury is unable to reach a unanimous verdict, the judge will sentence Holmes to life in prison.

Hello friends. I'm going to be around all day and will keep checking in. Does anyone else feel worn out by this trial? I'm quite looking forward to it being over.

Hello friends. I'm going to be around all day and will keep checking in. Does anyone else feel worn out by this trial? I'm quite looking forward to it being over.

Yes, I am ready for it to be over. Will check in through out the day, have signed up for the alert, meanwhile I will knit the second rainbow sock for a friend along with other things to keep busy.

Do you think we will get a verdict today? Channel 7 thought so, as they said, jurors usually do not like to have to come back on a Monday and face more discussions. This jury seems to know what they are doing. I guess we have until 430...or 730 if we have a 3 hours wait.

Just quickly checking in--did Brady cry?? True victim's unable to show emotion but she can! SMDH :(

Sorry but I think the defense's tactics all along including the interruptions etc. have not impacted the jury...reason I say that is defense is so transparent as to what they are trying for and then openly object when state uses term evil????? Jury is watching these antics and I think they will backfire on the defense. I thought state closing had more passion...true passion as opposed to the show put on by the defense. The defense closing had some good points and had it been crafted more tightly and delivered better could have some strong impact. At this stage of the game I think there is a good chance of dp but all it takes is one who feels sorry for his mental illness.

Yes, I am ready for it to be over. Will check in through out the day, have signed up for the alert, meanwhile I will knit the second rainbow sock for a friend along with other things to keep busy.

Do you think we will get a verdict today? Channel 7 thought so, as they said, jurors usually do not like to have to come back on a Monday and face more discussions. This jury seems to know what they are doing. I guess we have until 430...or 730 if we have a 3 hours wait.

I have a feeling it will be today. The jury have been quick to being verdicts so far which says to me they are on the same page.

I'm not sure they will recommend the DP though. I think he will get LWOP.

Can you tell me the alert you are using please? Guess we have 3 hour notice which is great...I think today for sure.

Sometimes they say there is a juror question when it's really the verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member