Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution is fine with the Judge's ruling

Waiting on defense, defense does not agree now at all. They do not want the jury to see this at all. Brady is talking with Nelson.

State wants the Jury to see it, Judge agrees. Why the change of heart from the defense.

because the defense did not object initially, the Judge sees no prejudice (sorry cannot get spellcheck to work)

Judge saying why and the limits, timer would be used, it will be used like it was before.

Judge is allowing the Jury to see video

What crime scene video ? The one of everyone running out?

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting The judge does not understand why the defense changed their position. Will allow jours to watch anyway

Cathy retweeted
justinjoseph ‏@justinjoseph 6m6 minutes ago
I watched the video in court and I can say it is absolutely horrific. It was taken as soon as the theater was cleared. #theatershooting

Motion by Denver Media Post files motion on still pictures.

Issuing an order and then will let the attorneys respond by Tuesday....State said Monday and defense said Tuesday, Judge said Tuesday.

Very 'serious and quiet' in his talking to day.

Defense objects to its being shown -- overruled. Restrictions should take care of any undue prejudice problems.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#theatershooting - Judge overrules def objection to jurors watching crime scene video taken inside theater. There were still bodies inside

I hope this helped out. I typed briefly as I heard what was said in the court room. I just happened to be at the computer when the Judge started to talk. Sorry for any misspellings or wrong words....I was trying to get it out for all that were not here.

I think with what was requested....we will have a verdict by the end of the day.

I wonder why the defense changed their mind? I know it is Brady but I am not sure if it is Nelson, it looks like her....some look the same from a distance....and the other attorney did not talk.

Respectfully, the jury discussed the case a few weeks ago when they deliberated and found him guilty of first degree murder . They discussed the case last week when they deliberated and found that the mitigaters did not outweigh the aggravators and they choose to proceed to death penalty phase. So, the jury has already discussed and deliberated for several hours in the two previous phases.

agree with this totally

I wonder why they want to watch that video again. Maybe they've decided on the DP and they just want to reinforce their decision by watching the horrific aftermath. Sentencing someone to death can't be an easy thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The video is 45 minutes. Perhaps this viewing is what the jury needs to validate its decision on DP. Let's hope they will announce a verdict within the next two hours. They can fill out their jury forms during the three-hour alert time.

#theatershooting - Judge overrules def objection to jurors watching crime scene video taken inside theater. There were still bodies inside

Whoa ...45 minutes video is THIS .

does anyone have a link to the video that the Jury wants to see?

This video is particularly graphic. It shows the theatre right after the shooting while the dead victims are still in there.

I just had an email alert from Denver 7 news saying the jury want to watch that video. At least the alerts work! I shouldn't miss the verdict!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

And isn't that just too bad?! Take your licks, DT.

And I must say that I am sure each DT member has got to be sick to death [pardon] of defending the unfeeling Mr. Holmes. Does he talk with them easily, or do/did they have to pull responses from him like pulling teeth? Does/did he try to help them help him? Is there a grain of humanity left in him? SMH. What a challenge for any defense attorney -- but it's what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79