CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually in the end this will be better because he would have been protected in Death Row, but with "life" someone in the prison may get his one point.

Sorry doesn't work that way. He will be in protected custody till the day he dies.

I wondered what the 3 people dressed like civilians were doing facing what I thought was backwards. Wow, makes a statement in itself. Prayers for the family and friends of those affected by "that guy."

I thought they were plain clothes cops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The women on the defence team are crying.

Now he gets all the hugs and kisses he wants from family and future or present girl groupies....no respect for any juror who gave him a pass

You are 100% correct he can even get married like the Mendez brothers and Manson.

Wouldn't death penalty in Colorado be largely symbolic?
When was the last time somebody got executed there?

@larryryckman: Judge Samour thanks the jurors for their services. He tells them they are now free to discuss the #theatershooting case with anyone.

I am sorry he did not get DP, but he has to survive in prison now....can he do that? He cannot be protected all the time...no matter what is said. He better watch his back and all around.

I am still glad the State went with the trial so that ALL the information came out with what he did. The defense wanted to hide everything!

The family members have stood with their backs to the court!!!

I am surprised he did not admonish them. It is the court who is speaking. The jury made their decision -- they might not agree, but they should not be disrespectful to 12+ people who stopped their lives to serve in this jury to the best of their ability.

I was expecting this. I have lots of relatives in CO and it is a very 'compassionate' state. I didn't think they were going to vote the DP for someone with a valid diagnosis of schizophrenia. I am not at all surprised that he got Life. I was there for my nieces wedding last month, and asked around about this case. And most locals seemed to think he was a nutcase and should be in a hospital forever. So I am not surprised at all he did not get the DP/ I am actually surprised he got the GUILTY verdict so I am relieved at that anyway.

For a jury that worked so quickly and collectively I'm truly surprised. Mainly because they didn't deliberate very long. Very reminiscent of JA trial..... How does he not deserve death for little Veronica? I just will focus on the fact he will never be free again. But I don't think he deserves to breath the same air as his surviving victors. And the defense team gets to count this as a victory, and all those asshat experts get to put this on their resume. Gag me with a spoon.

Simply put we are in a new era. The anti-DP folks have won the debate in this country.

That being said, I do believe he would have got death had he not had a severe and diagnosed psychotic mental illness.

I am surprised he did not admonish them. It is the court who is speaking. The jury made their decision -- they might not agree, but they should not be disrespectful to 12+ people who stopped their lives to serve in this jury to the best of their ability.

I agree with you. That is rude.

And only two people have been sentenced to death since then (back in 2007 or so)

They are still standing. They must be police officers.

I didn't know which way it would go. I felt the defense closing was strong, so perhaps it did affect some of the jury.

There is nothing that can be done to JH to undo what he did. Even if the families of the victims were allowed to stone him to death, it would not decrease their pain and suffering.

MOO is that LWOP is better for the families as they won't be dragged through appeals and the ups-and-downs of wondering when/if he will ever be put to death.

I agree, can you see the guy and then the lady with the pony tail, then there is another person with a black jacket....I was so surprised to see this happen in a court, but they are doing it quietly. They just could not leave, the Judge did not say they could not stand and turn their backs.

Am I seeing things? The people are standing again with their backs turned....they did turn around when the jury left....if they were "security'' they still would be facing the families.

The women on the defence team are crying.

Wow, that is so wrong - I'm sure they had an emotional reaction, but maybe the court should make a record of it, like they did for the jurors, IMO

"Symbolic" would have carried a lot of weight in this case and made a HUGE statement!

And only two people have been sentenced to death since then (back in 2007 or so)

Then frankly I don't even see how him getting the DP would even make a difference. They weren't going to execute him anyway. And he isn't exactly playing with a full deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB