Deceased/Not Found CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lauren Barnas KRDO [URL='https://twitter.com/laurenbarnastv']@laurenbarnastv [/URL]Jun 18
Colorado Springs Police now believe Jepsy's body is buried locally. @SydneeStelle
will have the story on @KRDONC13 at 4:00

Police: Husband strangled Jepsy Kallungi, buried her body in unknown location - KRDO
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- Colorado Springs Police gave an update on the alleged murder of a 26-year-old woman who was last seen in 2019, saying that her husband apparently strangled her and...
krdo.com

Sydnee Stelle @SydneeStelle
A little late breaking news today — we’re still awaiting Dane’s extradition back to Colorado. He’s facing a first-degree murder charge right now, but it’s possible he’ll face additional charges as the investigation continues.

Lauren Barnas KRDO @laurenbarnastv Jun 18
Colorado Springs Police now believe Jepsy's body is buried locally. @SydneeStelle will have the story on @KRDONC13 at 4:00
https://krdo.com/news/2021/06/18/po...allungi-buried-her-body-in-unknown-location/…
4:05 PM · Jun 18, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

AA released:

@ColetteBordelon
#UPDATE: Dane Kallungi's arrest affidavit has been released, following the new information last week from investigators, who believe #JepsyKallungi was strangled and buried by her husband. Here are two snippets from the paperwork. I'm reading through it now.
@KOAA

The paperwork says Dane Kallungi admitted to his ex-wife that he killed #Jepsy. His ex-wife, Alaine, called investigators to tell them what he said. She then helped investigators by arranging a phone call with Dane, which they recorded. (Quotes from the call to follow)
@KOAA

Investigators say these are some quotes from the recorded phone call between Dane and his ex-wife, Alaine. This call was made on April 3, 2019, and was regarding a "disturbance" between Dane and #Jepsy on March 20, 2019.
@KOAA

Alaine also told investigators there were multiple instances of domestic violence in the past with her ex-husband, Dane. There was also one incident where she said he strangled her. Her twin sister said she saw that happen.
@KOAA

Investigators believe on March 20, 2019, at around 10:30 PM, Dane strangled #Jepsy in an act of domestic violence inside their apartment. The paperwork goes on to say Dane put her body in the trunk of his car, took his son to school the next morning, and went to work.
@KOAA

After work, police say Dane took #Jepsy's body to a remote area of #TellerCounty, where he buried her. Dane then moved to San Diego, California.
@KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]7h
Investigators say these are some quotes from the recorded phone call between Dane and his ex-wife, Alaine. This call was made on April 3, 2019, and was regarding a "disturbance" between Dane and #Jepsy on March 20, 2019. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]7h
Alaine also told investigators there were multiple instances of domestic violence in the past with her ex-husband, Dane. There was also one incident where she said he strangled her. Her twin sister said she saw that happen. @KOAA

Investigators believe on March 20, 2019, at around 10:30 PM, Dane strangled #Jepsy in an act of domestic violence inside their apartment. The paperwork goes on to say Dane put her body in the trunk of his car, took his son to school the next morning, and went to work. @KOAA

After work, police say Dane took #Jepsy's body to a remote area of #TellerCounty, where he buried her. Dane then moved to San Diego, California.
@KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon[/URL]
#UPDATE: Dane Kallungi's arrest affidavit has been released, following the new information last week from investigators, who believe #JepsyKallungi was strangled and buried by her husband. Here are two snippets from the paperwork. I'm reading through it now. @KOAA

2:16 PM · Jun 22, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon/status/1407453768354996225/photo/2

https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon/status/1407455442641448966/photo/4

Affidavit: Dane Kallungi admitted to ex-wife that he killed Jepsy Kallungi - KRDO

In mid-April, investigators talked to one of Dane's coworkers who said Dane had been acting differently in the week around Jepsy's disappearance. The coworker said Dane had begun sleeping in his car during lunch break and seemed to stop eating during the week of March 25. The coworker said Dane told him that he took Jepsy to a gym to work out on March 23 or March 24, but investigators later learned that Dane went to the gym alone.

In the following weeks, investigators learned from Dane's ex-wife that he had reportedly strangled her "five to seven separate times." One of those incidents was corroborated by the victim's twin sister during an interview with police.

But two years passed before a break was made in the case.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Affidavit: Dane Kallungi admitted to ex-wife that he killed Jepsy Kallungi - KRDO

"I kind of like, I grabbed her and I guess it was just like a second where I got pissed off, but I didn't even feel that pissed off. It was like I just turned around and was like shut up and I was sick of it and I mean really, I was just was trying to like literally stop the words from coming out of her mouth for a second and then I realized that I did that for more than a second and..."

"It looked like I did some damage and I freaked out and it looked like she was suffering."

"Yeah, that's the part I think about still. It's looking at her eyes, you know."

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Reminder on Copyright:

No more than 10% of an article may be copied and a link to the source must be provided to give credit to the author.

Posts that copy more than 10% will be edited and posts with no link will be removed entirely.

If you copy an image from another site, be sure to provide a link to the original source or the picture will be removed.

Rules - Copyright Rules

Arrest affidavit: Husband of missing Colorado Springs woman allegedly confessed to killing her, hiding her body

The husband and sole suspect in a missing Colorado Springs woman’s disappearance confessed to strangling his wife during a fight and burying her body in Teller County, new court documents allege.

According to Dane Kallungi’s own account, as detailed in an arrest affidavit obtained by 11 News Wednesday, he grabbed her during a fight but only meant to hold her for “a second.”

Springs police say the 2-year-old case exploded open in March of this year when Dane Kallungi confessed over lunch with his ex-wife to killing Jepsy Amaga Kallungi in 2019.

Thank God the ex wife had morales and told the LE hopefully now her family can get closure and he joins the likes of PF in jail ,

Was thinking the same thing - kudos to this woman for helping stop the chain of violence this man has inflicted. She likely has helped save the life of whomever he next attempted to get into a relationship with. I am sure she was terrified of him if she had never filed a police report herself :( So glad she is helping bring justice for Jepsy.

Tuesday, June 29th:
*Hearing on Advisement (@ 1:30pm MT) - CO - Jepsy Adlawan Amaga Kallungi (26) (Mom last spoke to her on March 20, 2019 & reported missing April 4, 2019 by her mother, Colorado Springs) - *Dane Oliver Kallungi (36 @ time of crime/38) husband. Warrant issued (6/1/21) & arrested (6/17/21 in Albuquerque, New Mexico) & charged (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder. No bond.
Her husband left his home in CO. soon after her disappearance & went down to San Diego to stay with his father instead of looking for his missing wife. Her husband posted text messages alleging she had "run off" with someone named Travis. "Travis" has never been located or authenticated & Jepsy's husband DK has now deleted his social media accounts. According to [Margie] Amaga, her daughter's husband of almost 2 years said that the last time he saw Kallungi, he believed she was preparing to travel to the Philippines, Mexico or Chicago to visit friends.
On Friday (6/18/21), police announced evidence supports the theory that a domestic disturbance occurred where Kallungi strangled Jepsy Kallungi & buried her body in an unknown location. “Detectives conducted numerous interviews & executed nearly three dozen search warrants since this investigation was initiated,” Lt. James Sokolik wrote in a news release. “Detectives have also recovered & processed numerous items of physical evidence. Based on the testimonial & physical evidence that have been obtained throughout this extensive investigation, Detectives applied for & obtained an arrest warrant for 38-year-old Dane Oliver Kallungi. Awaiting extradition to Colorado.

6/22/21: Kallungi admitted to his ex-wife that he killed Jepsy. His ex-wife, Alaine, called investigators March 23, 2021 to tell them what he said. She then helped investigators by arranging a phone call with Dane, which they recorded. She said Dane emailed her & said he was going to be in Colorado Springs from March 25 through March 28 due to an illness in his family, and he wanted to get together for a conversation. The conversation happened over lunch, according to the affidavit. "Dane told his ex-wife that he killed Jepsy Kallungi." Investigators say these are some quotes from the recorded phone call between Dane & his ex-wife, Alaine. On a April 3, 2019 call was regarding a "disturbance" between Dane & Jepsy on March 20, 2019. Investigators believe on March 20, 2019, at around 10:30pm, Dane strangled Jepsy in an act of domestic violence inside their apartment. The paperwork goes on to say Dane put her body in the trunk of his car, took his son to school the next morning, and went to work. After work, police say Dane took Jepsy's body to a remote area of Teller County, where he buried her. Dane then moved to San Diego, California.
6/29/21 Update: Has been extradited back to Colorado. Hearing on advisement on 6/29/21 @ 1:30pm & first appearance hearing on 7/12/21.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back