Deceased/Not Found CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
6/29/21 1:29 PM 1Hr VIRTUAL KALLUNGI, DANE Hearing on Advisement D212021CR3418 El Paso County VIDEO ADVISEMENTS-Duty Div
7/12/21 8:30 AM 1Hr VIRTUAL KALLUNGI, DANE First Appearance D212021CR3418 El Paso County DIV 5-ROOM S505 (South Tower)

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi – The Charley Project

Case added June 28 2021

Details of Disappearance
Jepsy was last seen in Colorado Springs, Colorado on March 20, 2019. At the time of her disappearance, she lived with her husband, Dane Oliver Kallungi. They had moved into their apartment in the 1900 block of east La Salle Street on March 1.

The couple had met online while Jepsy was living in the Philippines. She moved to the United States and they married in the spring of 2017, but then filed for divorce in the autumn of 2018, but Jepsy wanted to give the relationship another chance.

Jepsy was a frequent social media user and used it to keep in touch with her friends and family. March 20 was the last day she was active on her Facebook page or Facebook Messenger account, although a message sent to her was read on March 21. She was reported missing on April 4, after an out-of-state friend was unable to reach her and asked the police to do a welfare check. She left behind a paycheck from a previous job. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning or to be out of touch with her family.

After her disappearance, Dane said she had left him after an argument and traveled to either Chicago, Illinois or to the Philippines. Just days after his wife disappeared, he moved to San Diego, California.

A photo of Dane is posted with this case summary. In June 2021, he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in Jepsy's case. Investigators believe he strangled her during a domestic dispute. Secretly recorded conversations between Dane and his ex-wife, Alaine Kallungi, are part of the evidence against him; in April 2021, Dane told Allaine he had killed Jepsy, put her body in the trunk of his car, and buried it in an unspecified rural area in Teller County, Colorado.

Dane is awaiting trial in his wife's presumed death. Jepsy's body has not been recovered, but foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi – The Charley Project

Case added June 28 2021

Details of Disappearance
Jepsy was last seen in Colorado Springs, Colorado on March 20, 2019. At the time of her disappearance, she lived with her husband, Dane Oliver Kallungi. They had moved into their apartment in the 1900 block of east La Salle Street on March 1.

The couple had met online while Jepsy was living in the Philippines. She moved to the United States and they married in the spring of 2017, but then filed for divorce in the autumn of 2018, but Jepsy wanted to give the relationship another chance.

Jepsy was a frequent social media user and used it to keep in touch with her friends and family. March 20 was the last day she was active on her Facebook page or Facebook Messenger account, although a message sent to her was read on March 21. She was reported missing on April 4, after an out-of-state friend was unable to reach her and asked the police to do a welfare check. She left behind a paycheck from a previous job. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning or to be out of touch with her family.

After her disappearance, Dane said she had left him after an argument and traveled to either Chicago, Illinois or to the Philippines. Just days after his wife disappeared, he moved to San Diego, California.

A photo of Dane is posted with this case summary. In June 2021, he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in Jepsy's case. Investigators believe he strangled her during a domestic dispute. Secretly recorded conversations between Dane and his ex-wife, Alaine Kallungi, are part of the evidence against him; in April 2021, Dane told Allaine he had killed Jepsy, put her body in the trunk of his car, and buried it in an unspecified rural area in Teller County, Colorado.

Dane is awaiting trial in his wife's presumed death. Jepsy's body has not been recovered, but foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.

I am curious about the “unspecified rural area in Teller County” where Jepsy was buried. Was the location specified in the affidavit, but not released to media? Or is it said to be unspecified because Dane didn’t say where, but instead just said he buried her in a “rural area”?

Sad and ironic about the Teller County connection. Jepsy’s remains may be in Teller County and Dane’s ex helped bring in the arrest. Kelsey Berreth was murdered in Teller County and Frazee told Krystal Kenney he disposed of her remains, but didn’t give the location (allegedly). Kenney provided the evidence to put Frazee away for life. Kelsey’s remains could also be in Teller County. I don’t think her remains will ever be recovered. I do hope for Jepsy’s family that her remains may still be brought home.

Glad to see justice is coming for Jepsy.

I am curious about the “unspecified rural area in Teller County” where Jepsy was buried. Was the location specified in the affidavit, but not released to media? Or is it said to be unspecified because Dane didn’t say where, but instead just said he buried her in a “rural area”?

Sad and ironic about the Teller County connection. Jepsy’s remains may be in Teller County and Dane’s ex helped bring in the arrest. Kelsey Berreth was murdered in Teller County and Frazee told Krystal Kenney he disposed of her remains, but didn’t give the location (allegedly). Kenney provided the evidence to put Frazee away for life. Kelsey’s remains could also be in Teller County. I don’t think her remains will ever be recovered. I do hope for Jepsy’s family that her remains may still be brought home.

Glad to see justice is coming for Jepsy.
I recall seeing ole PF's home stomping grounds mentioned or Florissant, Colorado area. I don't recall if this was in the AA or not so post is just from memory -- MOO.

ETA: add link

"I can't believe I did that and I'm like there's no way I did that, but I did do that. So yeah, I drove to the like Florissant area... on back road, got lost on like four different back roads and then found one where I could, I just went down and found a spot, dug a hole as deep as I could."

https://www.koaa.com/news/crime/affidavit-jepsy-kallungis-husband-admitted-he-killed-her-to-ex-wife

Nicole Heins [URL='https://twitter.com/NicoleHeinsTV']@NicoleHeinsTV [/URL]4m
UPDATE: @CSPDPIO and other law enforcement are reportedly in Teller County searching for Jepsy’s body.
Quote Tweet

51B9sjJA_mini.jpg

Nicole Heins

@NicoleHeinsTV
· Jun 18
BREAKING: Husband of missing woman extradited to El Paso County; allegedly confessed to killing wife, hiding her body

Colorado Springs man admitted to his first wife that he killed his then-current wife, affidavit says

According to the affidavit, Dane Kallungi killed Jepsy in a fit of rage on the night of March 20, 2019, after she came home from visiting a Fort Carson soldier with whom she had an ongoing sexual relationship. Call records referenced in the affidavit show that someone made a 911 call from Jepsy's phone at 10:30 that night before immediately hanging up. Officers did not respond to the call because dispatchers could not determine the location from which it was made. The call was the last one documented from Jepsy's phone.

ENVISION SOLAR SALUTES ALL VETERANS FOR MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH IN MAY; REMINDS ALL TO THANK VETS FOR THEIR SERVICE THIS MEMORIAL DAY, MAY 25, 2020

"Dane Kallungi, 37, is a mechanical engineer originally from Torrance, CA. He joined the Marines in 2008 and served as a Motor Transportation Operator out of Camp Pendleton where he supported the air squadron. He served his country for four years, as he felt it was his personal obligation to serve. For Envision, he serves as an Electromechanical Assembler overseeing how the complex electronics of the solar-powered EV chargers are housed. “The service instills a work ethic and mindset that is a recipe for success. When this pandemic hit, I was not sure that we would be an essential service, but it is a blessing we are. I was part of the Oakland redeployment of an EV ARC that was used for COVID test centers. As a civilian now, it feels great that I am involved with making products that can provide energy when the grid goes down.”

Source: Envision Solar Salutes All Veterans for Military Appreciation Month in May; Reminds All to Thank Vets for Their Service This Memorial Day, May 25, 2020 | Beam

Pic of Dane Kallungi i had never seen before at link.

Mods - Please delete if not allowed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crystalbohnet