CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about it too, we got some REAL snow here in Colorado two nights ago and most all day yesterday. I am sure they will be able to tell if its been out there since Friday. Also, with snow covering it, perhaps that is why it was not noticed until this morning, all is pretty melted off as of today other than a smattering that still remains in shady places....IMHO

8:15 this morning is appx 48 hours after Jessica disappeared. If these are in fact her belongings any idea why the perp would hold onto them for a full 48 hours? Wouldn't he or she want to get rid of them sooner?

Does anyone write their childs full first and last name on their water bottle?

I'm not sure what to think of this lead. And with the timing and location, I have to consider these items were left by teenagers as a prank?

I'm assuming it's a reusable type travel drink container rather than the typical clear plastic bottled water from grocery stores. My daughter has several in both hard plastic and stainless steel with designs. They can be somewhat pricey and she takes to to school and gymnastics so I do usually write her name on them in case she leaves it behind somewhere.

In book bag found stuff that could be Jessica's; one item was a water bottle. Right now bloodhound searching area. News conference at 5. When he saw book bag, saw her name on stuff, emailed police at 1:23 PM per 9News right now. Bloodhound sniffed backpack & contents. Approx Andrews & Christenson.

9News just had a news break. The man who found the backpack didn't know right away what the backpack was until he went through it and saw Jessica's name. At 1:23 pm he e-mailed LE.

Blood hound is now going through area after sniffing the bookbag.

The news break is still ongoing. http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

ETA: I see I was beaten to the post! Thanks Seek&Find!!

Something that is bugging me is Victoria Justice is not Disney. Her show is on Nick and called Victorious. It may be little but there is a difference. I don't find it odd that her name was on her water bottle, I would imagine her name was on her backpack and her coat as well. She goes to school in a large population area.

Hopefully the news conference will be good news and tell us that Jessica has been found safe.

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think the finder knew about a missing child named Jessica Ridgeway. I think he thought it belonged to someone in his neighborhood. Hence, 'Come and get it'. Not everyone is glued to TV, scanners, and crime forums all day long. The list serv he posted to was probably something to do with his neighborhood or town or maybe some homeoowners group.

Would someone mind bumping the map or just letting me know the distance between Jessica's home and the area police are searching now? I'm trying to keep up! Thanks in advance

It sounds like the backpack was lying on the sidewalk.

It could be planted. It could be dumped. It is incredibly suspicious,

I was just thinking about it too, we got some REAL snow here in Colorado two nights ago and most all day yesterday. I am sure they will be able to tell if its been out there since Friday. Also, with snow covering it, perhaps that is why it was not noticed until this morning, all is pretty melted off as of today other than a smattering that still remains in shady places....IMHO

No snow in Superior, just a dusting Saturday morning.

Would someone mind bumping the map or just letting me know the distance between Jessica's home and the area police are searching now? I'm trying to keep up! Thanks in advance

It's 4 to 5 miles away as the crow flies.

It's about 5 miles away.

The broadcast was quick and brief, but I think they said something abt emails being sent out abt Jessica. Not sure if he responded to one or...? Glad he contacted someone. It did say once he saw her name on things, he emailed LE. Still seems odd it wasn't a call or 911, IMO, but it could be he thought an email would hit an investigator's smartphone fast??

They did say press conference at 5 a couple times...was it moved from 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish