CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but my point is that I think this is someone that either knew Jessica from church (did she go to church?) or school, saw her name on her belongings, or was in an official car/uniform or had a gun. I really think security officers, school officials, even law enforcement officials, need to be looked at in this case. Security officers, at least in my neck of the woods, nearly always have a conceal to carry. Organized predators often get off on taunting LE, IMO this type of offender wants to get caught. BTK had a conceal to carry, he worked for a security company. I'm no expert, I just hope LE has cross referenced the conceal to carry list/people that bought guns in the area recently, or people who purchased things from police equipment stores, with a list of POIs or other tips in the case.

What are the rules on relaying information found on Facebook? There is someone who has a lot of interest in this case, but lives in another state and seems to have no family or friends from the area.

Hmm never heard of BTK having a concealed carry license. Nor him using a gun hence the nickname BTK. Mind giving a link? I can't find one! I thought he just worked for ADT security services in which that is installing home security systems and definitely not allowing toting a gun.

I feel little Jessica's killer was related to the attempted abductions in Arvada.He went around to different schools looking for any little girl that would go with him or come close enough to his car to abduct.I feel he did offer them candy(The candy man)I do not feel he has any facial hair any more or in the area any more.But you never know.Maybe he has a wig with longer hair on now or hat to try and disguise himself.I do feel someone kows who he is and knows he left.

I think I missed the announcement that they've ruled out the family, could someone please share the link. I do remember the parents being cleared, but didn't catch that they had cleared the rest of the family.

Someone asked upthread about a friend of dads, but I'm pretty sure dad has lived in KC for 9-10 years.

I seem to clearly remember Joly (the FBI guy) saying it at the last presser. Someone said it, and they specifically said "the family" - they did not say "the parents".

there was a case- a little boy- stepdad used a hammer to destroy the childs teeth face, i know someone will remember the case -
Just saying her face could of been damaged so she could not be ID'd by dental.
That was sweet little 4 year old Ethan Stacy:(.. You are very much correct it was his "step dad" Nathan Sloot who had actually married Ethan's sociopath, narcissitic "mom", Stephanie one day after he beat the daylights out of little Ethan causing severe head injury to which he a few days later died from.. The monster beat him so severely that later both he and "mom" admitted was the reason they left precious, little Ethan locked in his bedroom, with the door handle removed, while they went to the courthouse to get married and afterward went out for a celebratory dinner and drinks and actually posted a pic of them to her fb from the restaurant..they stated that due to Ethan being so badly beaten about the head and face they feared if they'd taken him w/them that people would call the police when seeing Ethan's evident, severe injuries:(.. Thus their deciding it best to leave him locked up at home while they went and got married and then celebrated..

Ethan died a couple days later after some other very, very serious, sadistic, and inhumane abuses were inflicted on him(after already having the severe head injury) in those days in between his head injury and his finally succumbing to the head injury.. It hurts my heart to know what he went thru in those last few days of his life while on a court ordered, first visit with "mom" after his parents divorce... Dad, Joe is the most precious, heartbroken daddy that very much feared what would happen to Ethan while in his ex-wife's "care".. The courts forced him to send Ethan for the visit and as we all know this daddy never again was able to see, hold, hug, and love his little, bespectacled, baby boy, Ethan..

"step dad" inflicted the hammer injuries after little Ethan had died with intent on delaying identification.. They buried his little body out in a remote area of Powder mountain and literally dumped dog food all on and around the fresh grave...many have differing opinions on what the motive was for that sick idea..

Nathan and Stephanie Sloop's murder trial is actually just now, finally coming up!... I pray for Ethan's precious daddy in what I know will be such a difficult process but he knows it is a necessity in order to ensure justice for his little boy, Ethan..

I feel little Jessica's killer was related to the attempted abductions in Arvada.He went around to different schools looking for any little girl that would go with him or come close enough to his car to abduct.I feel he did offer them candy(The candy man)I do not feel he has any facial hair any more or in the area any more.But you never know.Maybe he has a wig with longer hair on now or hat to try and disguise himself.I do feel someone kows who he is and knows he left.

After reading through so many threads on this since I started reading here this morning, I am probably starting to confuse what I thought I knew about the case with posts here. But are you referring to the suspected blue sedan guy from September? My understanding was that he tried to lure two boys. Not little girls. (although presumably a pedophile predator could stalk both). And now I can't remember were the previous blue car stalker/candy cases in Arvada or Westminster? (I can't remember).

The other case was the white van case which I think was in Arvada where a group of girls thought a white van was following them, but I don't recall any candy offers in that case.

Isn't this attached sketch associated to those incidents?:

No, he was from Nov 2011. Same general location, though.

THe dude with the little goatee and the blue sedan was from Sept 2012, the two boys.

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I think I know why the WY guy was ruled out:

On Oct. 13, an FBI agent watched an Oct. 7 surveillance tape from the north entrance to Yellowstone National Park of a vehicle of the same description, with a driver who looked similar to the one described by they victim, the affidavit states.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...79f-538e-a0aa-4d6dd0452650.html#ixzz29PPXH0Eq

After reading through so many threads on this since I started reading here this morning, I am probably starting to confuse what I thought I knew about the case with posts here. But are you referring to the suspected blue sedan guy from September? My understanding was that he tried to lure two boys. Not little girls. (although presumably a pedophile predator could stalk both). And now I can't remember were the previous blue car stalker/candy cases in Arvada or Westminster? (I can't remember).

The other case was the white van case which I think was in Arvada where a group of girls thought a white van was following them, but I don't recall any candy offers in that case.

Yes I'm referring to the 2 attempted abductions in September in Arvada.It was I'm assuming 2 little girls.I believe they said his car was royal blue.I'm pretty sure someone must remember that car and who it belonged to.
I'll get the links and put them here.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...le-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

https://twitter.com/MissingCases/status/256904186422243329/photo/1/large

There's a hill on the other (south) side of Leyden road with homes on it. I think some of them probably did have a decent view of the activity. They wouldn't be able to see details, but they'd be able to see the road and the activity.

South and slightly east is where the gentleman's house (if I found the right one) would have been located, so maybe he could see some activity.

Thanks!

I seem to clearly remember Joly (the FBI guy) saying it at the last presser. Someone said it, and they specifically said "the family" - they did not say "the parents".

Thanks, that is how I missed it. I can't watch the pressers and didn't find it in any articles. Thanks again.

Yes I'm referring to the 2 attempted abductions in September in Arvada.It was 2 little girls.I believe they said his car was royal blue.I'm pretty sure someone must remember that car and who it belonged to.

They were boys.

"...Arvada Police are investigating the two attempted abductions. The first occurred last Sunday around 5:30 p.m., near 77th Drive and Terry Court. An 8-year-old boy was playing basketball in his driveway when he says he was approached by a man.

"Our neighbor came out and talked to us about it," Christi Brule, a neighbor of the little boy, said. "It was his son that it happened to. He just explained how the man came right up to him; right by the house in the driveway with the simple thing of, telling him he had candy. You know the things you tell your kids about and he actually used this line."

"The second incident happened three days later Wednesday, again around 5:30 p.m. This time, the suspect went into the parking lot of Fitzmorris Elementary School in Arvada and approached a 9-year-old boy. He again offered the child candy if he would get into the suspect's car. This child also ran from the suspect."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/289078/222/Parents-warned-after-attempted-abductions

That was sweet little 4 year old Ethan Stacy:(.. You are very much correct it was his "step dad" Nathan Sloot who had actually married Ethan's sociopath, narcissitic "mom", Stephanie one day after he beat the daylights out of little Ethan causing severe head injury to which he a few days later died from.. The monster beat him so severely that later both he and "mom" admitted was the reason they left precious, little Ethan locked in his bedroom, with the door handle removed, while they went to the courthouse to get married and afterward went out for a celebratory dinner and drinks and actually posted a pic of them to her fb from the restaurant..they stated that due to Ethan being so badly beaten about the head and face they feared if they'd taken him w/them that people would call the police when seeing Ethan's evident, severe injuries:(.. Thus their deciding it best to leave him locked up at home while they went and got married and then celebrated..

Ethan died a couple days later after some other very, very serious, sadistic, and inhumane abuses were inflicted on him(after already having the severe head injury) in those days in between his head injury and his finally succumbing to the head injury.. It hurts my heart to know what he went thru in those last few days of his life while on a court ordered, first visit with "mom" after his parents divorce... Dad, Joe is the most precious, heartbroken daddy that very much feared what would happen to Ethan while in his ex-wife's "care".. The courts forced him to send Ethan for the visit and as we all know this daddy never again was able to see, hold, hug, and love his little, bespectacled, baby boy, Ethan..

"step dad" inflicted the hammer injuries after little Ethan had died with intent on delaying identification.. They buried his little body out in a remote area of Powder mountain and literally dumped dog food all on and around the fresh grave...many have differing opinions on what the motive was for that sick idea..

Nathan and Stephanie Sloop's murder trial is actually just now, finally coming up!... I pray for Ethan's precious daddy in what I know will be such a difficult process but he knows it is a necessity in order to ensure justice for his little boy, Ethan..

That is the case I had to step away from Websleuths for a bit after this happened. Bless that babies heart. Those two were the devil's spawn.

SOME remains were transported, either TO the dump site (where the parts were found) or FROM the dump site, assuming it was the crime scene, and site where dismemberment occurred. I am more inclined to believe the mutilation occurred at an "unkown" location, and the parts found were transported to the fireld. I believe the remaining parts were either taken elsewhere and dumped, or more thoroughly destroyed (crushed, burned, etc.). I tend to think you's have to have some serious nerve to dismember a body in the middle of an open field.

Interesting that you mentioned burned. I've been wondering about this fire. The area is exactly where you would head if you went west on 36 through Boulder after dropping the backpack in Superior.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...ional-Park?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Yes I'm referring to the 2 attempted abductions in September in Arvada.It was 2 little girls.I believe they said his car was royal blue.I'm pretty sure someone must remember that car and who it belonged to.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...le-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

https://twitter.com/MissingCases/status/256904186422243329/photo/1/large

Thanks. Read it and it says two children... I live right by Golden and when that whole uproar started with the blue sedan on Saturday night (mistaken case regarding 13 year old boy potential abduction) they said over and over the previous cases involved two boys in separate incidents being lured by a guy in a "Kentucky blue" sedan with candy. Your post was the first I had heard that it involved girls being lured by candy instead of the boys. So I was getting confused about which luring incident. (although I admit someone who is luring boys could definitely also being luring girls). Just was trying to clarify the candy incidents.

I remember that, too, and I took it to refer to the parents and the family members she lives with (since she lived also with an aunt and her grandmother, I believe). I didn't necessarily think it referred to the entire extended family, but perhaps all known family members were at work or somewhere like that, so they were easy to rule out.

JMO

For the dedicated sleuthers -

Look at where she was found.

Empty, ugly desolate landscape as far as the eye can see.

One tree, or the remains of one tree, alone in all that emptiness.

Why was she left at the tree?

She wasn't hidden.
It took effort to get her there.
Why the tree???????
She was posed.
Her placement was meant to shock.
Assume he placed her at night...again, WHY THE TREE?
I'm guessing the tree is part of it. He left her there on purpose. He didn't get tired halfway to the shack (she wasn't very big and a shack would be searched eventually).
He wasn't trying to hide her in the shack - why would you when you have a million other easier to reach places to hide her?
WHY THE TREE?
Was he an artist, painting on a blank canvas?

Apologies if this seems insensitive but my way of grieving for these babies is to THINK.

:sleuth:

ETA: also my opinon only.

:cow: :moo:

I´m with you 100%.

Two days ago I was looking, for hours, at that picture of the scenario/location the killer choose to place/pose part of little Jessica's body, and what came to my mind was; the killer is some kind of artist...a photographer?, a painter? or at least some kind of artistic perverted aesthetic.
(ironicly the WY/Cody photgrapher suspect, JS, popped out of nowere few hours later, and I was really chocked, especially due to that he was such a brilliant artist, some of his photographs almost Ansel Adams quality, and also his coice of motives indeed resembled the Jessica dumping location, he would have been a perfect match to the suspect I had in mind, a brilliant artist, but even sicker)

The scenario/location is desolated, yes, it's kind of creepy, or maybe more melancolic, secretive, mystical and in it's it own way bear a strange kind of beauty, especially the way the two trees, one living, one dead, the hills in the background with the ruin cabin, the sky above it all, by nature it's alltogether kind of composed into an alluring artistic picture.

This is of course all WITHOUT little Jessica's remains in it.

But that is IMHO possibly why the killer choose that very spot, it was possibley in his sick mind the perfect scene/stage for him to present "his (sick) work", and it would at the same time increase chock effect.

I belive, as I have posted before, that he also choose this area because it was isolated enough for him to not beeing cought, while dumping/posing the remains, and at the same time a perfect spot in order for "his (sick) work" soon to be presented/ found.

The fact that he dumped Jessica's backpack in a location where it would be found shortly after he placed it, IMO again point to that he in NO way want to hide his deeds.

The fact that he dismembered Jessica's body IMO has NOTHING to do with trying to hide her identity, insted I belive it is part of his fantasy/ritual.

I also belive that the killer has provided some kind of messages to the police, and I belive there are horrible circumstances concerning the way Jessica was killed and desecrated that the police have, so far, kept serect.

The killer is IMHO, under the surface, a:
psychopathic/sadistic/artistic /complicated/sophisticated/manipulating/perverted/attention-seeking person, who have the ability to blend in as a pretty normal person, and I do belive he has killed before.

Al just my humble opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members