CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember mention of a green truck. Sorry, don't have a link.....

Anyone else remember?

The waste management truck is green (a big green trash truck) ... don't know if that is what you are talking about. They are the ones who found Jessica's body.

First time poster, been lurking for some time, and have a point of clarification and a bit of information I have not seen yet in this thread.

1. It was suggested by Otto that some one might have driven around the loop of roads off of 82nd to hide their car, etc. This is not possible as there are gates at both entrances to these dirt roads.

2. No one has pointed out the fact that the backpack was found just a few 'feet' from the former home of a mother who suffocated her newborn... Stephanie Rochester.
This reporter seems to be the only one who has picked up on this detail (at the end of the article):
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

This story was heartbreaking in the Boulder area and received some metro attention, but not much out side of the area. I cannot help but wonder if the backpack location is more than just coincidental....

Mentioned here and discussed: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8444406&postcount=34"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6[/ame]

This is what I believe the connection is between the BP and where her remains were found rather than the street names. Uncommon deaths. The Rocheser baby and the miners. The miners who would be part of well known history, hence ghostly stories and the kids hanging out there...and a local perp would have heard about the infant as well. I do believe the perp is "young"...atleast not over 30 or + a few years..probably into the macabe, etc. So in that thinking, as there been other historical deaths or murders in the area that a perp would consider placing other remains or evidence?

**One other question. Are there any apartments/condos up on the ridge/mesa that would have a view of where her body was found? TIA

Marshall has a history, so do many places in Boulder (Jon Benet) which is only a few miles west of Superior.

No condos or homes within sight of this place.

I agree and while I was reading your post I thought to myself (if there is still missing body parts) --he might still have possession of them. Just throwing that out there too.

I think we're on pretty much the same wavelength here. I said trophy, but same idea.
Also, if this guy is taunting LE, there is a good possibility that additional remains will be found in another area soon.

We had a med student post I think her/his name began with a D and they stated that even their specially prepared cadavers still bleed
Off topic: Cadavers for dissection don't have any blood left in their cardiovascular system. A hose is inserted into their subclavian vein which drains them and then pumps the body full of embalming fluid before they arrive to be dissected. (I took Human Anatomy with cadaver lab at the Univ. of Oklahoma.)

Welcome to WS jackjester glad you joined us!

NG talking about the case now. Shasta Groene is on.

Cain killed Abel with a rock. Europe has plenty of violence, they just use knives because they can't guns. Guns don't make people bad, bad people use what they have access to.

ITA. People in prisons make plenty of weapons out of all kinds of materials.

The waste management truck is green (a big green trash truck) ... don't know if that is what you are talking about. They are the ones who found Jessica's body.

Possible I guess. I just remember very soon after the body was found there where reports from local's that there was a suspicious green truck.

I maybe remembering wrong though!:blushing: It was many threads ago.

After reading through so many threads on this since I started reading here this morning, I am probably starting to confuse what I thought I knew about the case with posts here. But are you referring to the suspected blue sedan guy from September? My understanding was that he tried to lure two boys. Not little girls. (although presumably a pedophile predator could stalk both). .

Yes, two little boys.

I think we're on pretty much the same wavelength here. I said trophy, but same idea.
Also, if this guy is taunting LE, there is a good possibility that additional remains will be found in another area soon.

Sorry I missed where you said trophy. I walked away from computer for over an hour. :)

I'm not sure he's taunting yet either. But, if he's contacted them or left notes or done anything else to engage them I doubt we'll hear about it because this LE dept. doesn't seem like it's going to release a lot of info as of right now.

But if he is yup I bet he will use that.

Do you think he left the area? I go back and forth. Just curious.

Was the body "displayed" or was it dumped? Displayed to me implies a specific arrangement meant to convey something. I have no information that suggests a "display."

Maybe the perp didn't care about hiding the body so much as making it more convenient for him to carry/dispose. Afterall, if he wanted a display, he picked a somewhat remote-ish area.

In my opinion, yes, it was displayed.

:cow:

It never hurts to explore other options.

I caught a little blurb on HLN today with NG talking about Jessica. She says she believes Jessica was killed at the spot her remains were found. I'm not sure why she thinks that, other than something she has heard from her 'sources' but it makes sense to me. If so, he would not have to worry about getting rid of blood, etc., except for his clothes and shoes, and he could easily discard those. Or he could have stripped everything off and went naked. (I think I read something like that in a book somewhere.)

Thats why I asked if there was any blood at the scene. From what I can see from the pictures, it doesn't look like it at all.

First time poster, been lurking for some time, and have a point of clarification and a bit of information I have not seen yet in this thread.

1. It was suggested by Otto that some one might have driven around the loop of roads off of 82nd to hide their car, etc. This is not possible as there are gates at both entrances to these dirt roads.

2. No one has pointed out the fact that the backpack was found just a few 'feet' from the former home of a mother who suffocated her newborn... Stephanie Rochester.
This reporter seems to be the only one who has picked up on this detail (at the end of the article):
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

This story was heartbreaking in the Boulder area and received some metro attention, but not much out side of the area. I cannot help but wonder if the backpack location is more than just coincidental....

But why THAT specific case? If his goal was for people to notice where he put the backpack (trying to make a statement) it didn't seem to work since it seems like only one reporter noticed the connection.

I don't believe she was killed where she was found.
Too big of a risk.
I don't think he is wanting to get caught.

Is it not possible that the bag w/torso was dragged about by prey after the fact and perhaps the bag contained a good deal of fluid? I'm trying not to be too graphic, but it's difficult in order to convey what I mean :(

It’s been my experience that LE is not shy about telling you when animal predation of remains is present, especially if it hinders identification.

Sorry I missed where you said trophy. I walked away from computer for over an hour. :)

I'm not sure he's taunting yet either. But, if he's contacted them or left notes or done anything else to engage them I doubt we'll hear about it because this LE dept. doesn't seem like it's going to release a lot of info as of right now.

But if he is yup I bet he will use that.

Do you think he left the area? I go back and forth. Just curious.

Actually, I don't think he's gone. I've been following along from day one but only started posting last night. I put a lot of thought into what has been reported as fact, LE pressers and what I do know about pedophiles, crimes against children, etc and I believe this is some local guy who is watching the events. I think he is very aware of everything going on. I also think he is a sexual predator with history, but I'm leaning toward this as it being his first killing. I believe the heat was on and he panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member