CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that LE might have told the media to "back off" so the killer gets annoyed that he isn't getting attention, and he does a "look at me" move. We are talking about someone who has already murdered a little girl. There's a possibility that a "look at me" move could involve another child. Like, "Do I have to kill two kids for you to pay attention?"

Thats true, a media blackout could backfire and work the other way......Personally I think he's gonna do what he's gonna do, period. He may strike again soon or it could be years or he could be long gone from the area, time will tell.....

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/...ering-center-evacuated-over-unidentified-odor

I need to get my mind on something else for a little while. When I saw this news story on the local news tonight, my mind went to a bad place. For those not in the local area, Boulder is straight west from Superior. Did any other Colorado people do this too or am I completely losing it?

Have a good night everyone.

anything is possible, but from experience, I worked at a University Dept w/ labs, this is not that unusual for odd smells, false and real alarms. All kinds of various research, experiments and chemicals are used in this type of setting.

You said that LE might have told the media to "back off" so the killer gets annoyed that he isn't getting attention, and he does a "look at me" move. We are talking about someone who has already murdered a little girl. There's a possibility that a "look at me" move could involve another child. Like, "Do I have to kill two kids for you to pay attention?"

Possibly. I think he would more likely act like BTK ... like you people are "idiots" and send some clue or something. Rather than do another killing right away. I think toying with the police would entertain him enough for a while before he felt the need to immediately kill again. Just my opinion. I think he thinks he is the Cat and everyone else is the Mouse.

But I am sure LE is concerned that he will strike again soon. And certainly the community is. Everyone is very alert.

Police have only said that the body was "not intact". There is no information regarding why the body was not intact (deliberate mutilation, or animal activity). Talking heads have used more graphic and misleading terms - but there is no information to support the terms used by the talking heads in the media.

:seeya: Yep.....

Omgosh, what if they are working together?

That's what I've wondered all along. There are a lot of things that might make sense if there were two people working together.

In thinking about altering a body so it's not intact, I think it's done for the convenience or need of the perp. If a perp is going to leave a body (or body parts) out in the open where they can be discovered, he's not that concerned with someone IDing the remains. Anyone who's been on this planet during the last 20 years knows about DNA testing and that it can be done on any body part or tissue or even just bone.

No, this is about him. He took the extra step to dismember the remains, which is extra work and holds a risk of additional forensic evidence getting on him, or his vehicle, or his home/apartment. He'd want to obscure or get rid of evidence that might tie him to the murder. Also, as others have said, it's less conspicuous to be carrying a bag or maybe more than 1 bag, than trying to carry/conceal a person.

Ease of removal, ease of disposal, hide or obscure possible physical evidence that might link to him. I think that's what this may be about.
Maybe it is about ease of removal and disposal maybe it's not.. I do know that to dismember a human body(even that of a child) is in no way whatsoever an easy or quick feat..

Its IMHO just as likely as several of us have opined recently in that the dismemberment has everything to do with this perpatrator's modus operandi in why he chose to dismember his young victim..

With the investigation of the case at the point in time that it is presently it could go either way for why little Jessica's body was likely dismembered and we have no way of ruling one in or out as to which is accurate in playing a role in this case..

Only time will tell..
(**and yes, Madeleine we are perfectly aware that we, the public will not be, nor should we be privy to the vast majority of info and evidence in this case**)

Two days ago I was looking, for hours, at that picture of the scenario/location the killer choose to place/pose part of little Jessica's body, and what came to my mind was; the killer is some kind of artist...a photographer?, a painter? or at least some kind of artistic perverted aesthetic.
(ironicly the WY/Cody photgrapher suspect, JS, popped out of nowere few hours later, and I was really chocked, especially due to that he was such a brilliant artist, some of his photographs almost Ansel Adams quality, and also his coice of motives indeed resembled the Jessica dumping location, he would have been a perfect match to the suspect I had in mind, a brilliant artist, but even sicker)

The scenario/location is desolated, yes, it's kind of creepy, or maybe more melancolic, secretive, mystical and in it's it own way bear a strange kind of beauty, especially the way the two trees, one living, one dead, the hills in the background with the ruin cabin, the sky above it all, by nature it's alltogether kind of composed into an alluring artistic picture.

This is of course all WITHOUT little Jessica's remains in it.

But that is IMHO possibly why the killer choose that very spot, it was possibley in his sick mind the perfect scene/stage for him to present "his (sick) work", and it would at the same time increase chock effect.

I belive, as I have posted before, that he also choose this area because it was isolated enough for him to not beeing cought, while dumping/posing the remains, and at the same time a perfect spot in order for "his (sick) work" soon to be presented/ found.

The fact that he dumped Jessica's backpack in a location where it would be found shortly after he placed it, IMO again point to that he in NO way want to hide his deeds.

The fact that he dismembered Jessica's body IMO has NOTHING to do with trying to hide her identity, insted I belive it is part of his fantasy/ritual.

I also belive that the killer has provided some kind of messages to the police, and I belive there are horrible circumstances concerning the way Jessica was killed and desecrated that the police have, so far, kept serect.

The killer is IMHO, under the surface, a:
psychopathic/sadistic/artistic /complicated/sophisticated/manipulating/perverted/attention-seeking person, who have the ability to blend in as a pretty normal person, and I do belive he has killed before.

Al just my humble opinion of course.
Above BBM for specific focus..

Perfectly explained, Theforeigner and I believe there are actually several of us that agree with the above opinion regarding a possible profile of little Jessica's abductor/killer..

While I do realize that the importance and necessary witholding of specific details and evidence is an absolute in this case and in all cases to preserve the integrity of the case with one very pertinent goal in mind...and that goal is successful prosecution and conviction of this sick SOB!

And due to that necessity we are not going to be able to confirm or verify any one opinion, theory, or profile of this perpatrator.. Nonetheless with the tiny modicum of info we do know, the words and actions of LE, combined with some of our intuitions or gutteral instincts IMHO I definitely am of the opinon that just as you described in your above post, the perpatrator of this crime is one of the more dark, evil, and sadistic of predators.. A predator that NOT stopped will strike again..and again...and again..

No, maybe not in this particular town, county, or state..but you damn well better believe he will move on and he will without a doubt strike NOT ONLY AGAIN, BUT SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.AND IS QUITE POSSIBLY ALREADY BEGUN his hunt for his next victim.

All jmo, tho..

It also bothered me that an article says Speer was caught in large part due to the girl's description. Awesome little child! But then again, I don't want repercussions the next time due to that article being in the monster's head. Give me a dream, I'd say I don't want a 'next' time at all.

There are many indicators that this was a very experienced sexual predator/serial killer, imo. The dismemberment of the body, imo, was to send a message; terrorize the community. The placement of the body, as well as the backpack was well thought out. Both were a little over a mile outside the 5 mile radius of the primary search area.
The abductor aware of forensics, search and rescue procedures, law enforcement SOPs, and strategies, etc., imo.

Yeah, I believe you that you can't see the crime site from his house. I'm trying to figure out whether he did see something (like did he walk down the hill closer to the scene than he wants to admit?) or if he's just, as you say, having mixed memories, and if so how reliable what he said is.

Not that he seems to have seen much of anything of importance :p

I thought he might have meant that he could see the LE vehicles coming and going, etc., rather than that he could see the actual crime scene. It sounds more dramatic to say, "I could see it all". JMO

I saw it on News 4 - interviewing neighbors of the Leyton area.
I'll try to find a link. not sure if it's on the web tho - it was a news clip.

Do you have a link, I haven't read that before

There is more than one suspect in the Arvada abduction/enticement attempts.

Oh wow. This matches one of the locals WSers who said that two men 'approached' their daughter as she ran ahead, while the WSer was doing a survey. Who was that? Absentia? Wish I could remember but we've had so many locals join us!

Sorry I missed where you said trophy. I walked away from computer for over an hour. :)

I'm not sure he's taunting yet either. But, if he's contacted them or left notes or done anything else to engage them I doubt we'll hear about it because this LE dept. doesn't seem like it's going to release a lot of info as of right now.

But if he is yup I bet he will use that.

Do you think he left the area? I go back and forth. Just curious.

I've wondered about that too. I think he figured the body would be found, but maybe not immediately. He might have enough of a head start to get away.

Is a 5 mile radius search standard procedure?

There are many indicators that this was a very experienced sexual predator/serial killer, imo. The dismemberment of the body, imo, was to send a message; terrorize the community. The placement of the body, as well as the backpack was well thought out. Both were a little over a mile outside the 5 mile radius of the primary search area.
The abductor aware of forensics, search and rescue procedures, law enforcement SOPs, and strategies, etc., imo.

I have a question for locals. Why in the world do they not bulldoze those buildings down especially the mine opening?

i find no reason to. they are part of the history and landscape of the area.....just like ghost towns are not torn down or old barns that people have on their property....

i know some find them creepy but i dont.

i also dont find the location ugly, baren and desolute like some have described. but maybe because i live in colorado and know the beauty of the landscape when we are not closing in on winter weather where everything looks brown and dull..... ever been to west texas? ;)

First time poster, been lurking for some time, and have a point of clarification and a bit of information I have not seen yet in this thread.

1. It was suggested by Otto that some one might have driven around the loop of roads off of 82nd to hide their car, etc. This is not possible as there are gates at both entrances to these dirt roads.

2. No one has pointed out the fact that the backpack was found just a few 'feet' from the former home of a mother who suffocated her newborn... Stephanie Rochester.
This reporter seems to be the only one who has picked up on this detail (at the end of the article):
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

This story was heartbreaking in the Boulder area and received some metro attention, but not much out side of the area. I cannot help but wonder if the backpack location is more than just coincidental....

Someone did mention this a while back.

It was me. My DD was playing on a playground and a woman asked me to complete a survey. (she offered to watch my child for me - I did not accept). After the survey, DD kept moving farther away from me so I was walking towards her while talking to the survey lady. DD was on an elevated walkway. 2 men were on either side under the walkway. no other kids around. as I approached and called her name they silently retreated.
That was the Sunday before JR went missing. I was searching for local kidnapping attempts b/c I was worried that my encounter was an abduction scheme and that they may have gotten someone else. So when JR went missing on Friday, I kinda freaked. It doesn't seem the same, but...
unfortunately I'd never be able to recognize the 2 men. The woman I might be able to remember, but only generally.

I think the abduction attempts were made by 1 person at a time. there may be 2 different guys out there, but doing different things on their own. not connected. or maybe they are connected. maybe not to JR. or maybe they are and the woman is too. who knows at this point. JR doesn't seem like the kind of crime that would be shared. seems like a very individual fantasy. maybe he has help with abduction and/or disposal. maybe they are part of a *advertiser censored*/trafficking ring and they do help him abduct, not knowing what he was truly going to do.

I have no flipping idea!

btw - my first post details my park incident in detail. It was not in Westminster or Arvada or Superior even, FYI.

Oh wow. This matches one of the locals WSers who said that two men 'approached' their daughter as she ran ahead, while the WSer was doing a survey. Who was that? Absentia? Wish I could remember but we've had so many locals join us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro