CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look in the various categories, there is more than enough information (name, location, dates, etc) to verify the information for yourself.

not to take this way off topic....but to be fair in the gun debate, one must post the statistics of all the legal gun holders who have NEVER killed someone by accident or on purpose. then please go and post all the statistics on people who kill with knives and other objects verse people who own knives and baseball bats and other objects who never have killed.

that site, as many like them, are VERY skewed and present a very false represenation of legal gun owners.

:) ~a proud carrying and responsible gun owner.

My DD is 2.5, and she doesn't understand. We lit a candle on our porch the night they were doing the flashlight vigil, and she pointed to the road and said "lets go find her Mama, she needs help". Now whenever she sees Jessica's picture on the television, she says "there she is!" :(

Your dd sounds like such a little sweetheart!

Is a 5 mile radius search standard procedure?

From what I could find online, this is the range where children's bodies are usually found.

On another note, I do not think LE even wanted to release that her body was not intact, but knew that the media had seen too much and did not want the media's version to get out there first.

I do not subscribe to the theory that he modified the remains to make identification more difficult. Why would he go to all of the trouble to do that and then deposit partial remains right along side the road? MOO

I agree with this....there are a zillion places he could have disposed of the body if he did not want it found. There just is. the location of the body is nowhere near desolute and barren as a zillion other places in Colorado, including lakes.

then why dismember it? because he is clearly a sick F* and probably got off on doing it....then he decided he would scatter the remains to be a huge PAIN IN THE *advertiser censored* for law enforcement.

im pretty sure its just as simple as that. IMO, of course :)

I would tend to agree. It seems that dismemberment is just too gruesome to do simply for convenient transport. you'd have to be able to stomach it. and to avoid ID, I agree - doesn't make sense. too obvious a drop site.

I agree with this....there are a zillion places he could have disposed of the body if he did not want it found. There just is. the location of the body is nowhere near desolute and barren as a zillion other places in Colorado, including lakes.

then why dismember it? because he is clearly a sick F* and probably got off on doing it....then he decided he would scatter the remains to be a huge PAIN IN THE *advertiser censored* for law enforcement.

im pretty sure its just as simple as that. IMO, of course :)

He may not have been able to leave the area for very long, if he is indeed local. LE would have made note of anyone who was not home in the hours when they began the door-to-door.

Ok I know we have all agreed that there have been recent issues with our being able to log on and view the pages here at WS.. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the strange loading of pages that I am(as seen below in a screencap)... Sometimes the remedy is as easy as RE-refreshing the page..while other times even when refreshed it once again loads the jibberish mess as seen below..
PicsArt_1350350360494.jpg

I must say in all my years of visiting WS this jibberish loading of the pages is something I HAVE NEVER SEEN HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER..lol..

Anyone else getting anything similar or know what or why its suddenly happening?

**my apologies for the momentary veering O/T**

not to take this way off topic....but to be fair in the gun debate, one must post the statistics of all the legal gun holders who have NEVER killed someone by accident or on purpose. then please go and post all the statistics on people who kill with knives and other objects verse people who own knives and baseball bats and other objects who never have killed.

that site, as many like them, are VERY skewed and present a very false represenation of legal gun owners.

:) ~a proud carrying and responsible gun owner.

You know what they say, when they outlaw guns only the outlaws will have guns........

There are many indicators that this was a very experienced sexual predator/serial killer, imo. The dismemberment of the body, imo, was to send a message; terrorize the community. The placement of the body, as well as the backpack was well thought out. Both were a little over a mile outside the 5 mile radius of the primary search area.
The abductor aware of forensics, search and rescue procedures, law enforcement SOPs, and strategies, etc., imo.

agree. and i REALLY hate to admit this....but it even crossed my mind the possiblity of this being a law enforcement professional.....and one cannot get any more pro law enforcement than me :) but in this world we live in, its hard to completely rule possibility out :/

Dismemberment reminds me of jeffrey dahmer keeping parts of his victims
lile keepsakes.

When I think of staged displays I think of cases like Black Dahlia, the Hillside Strangler victims, Samantha Runnion, and a couple others. Those were known and verified displays and taunts.

I can't assume anything in this case based on such little data. All we know is this perp didn't bury her, he didn't hide her, and she wasn't intact. What he was thinking, is thinking, had planned or didn't plan or had to improvise is a mystery.

His secret decoder-ring messages are muddled. A child taken and killed is horrific in and of itself. There's no more terror than that for any parent. He did it at least once and it stands to reason he could do it again if he's free and has the opportunity. If that's what he's trying to say with his crime scene, that same message would be true regardless of the scene.

From what I could find online, this is the range where children's bodies are usually found.

On another note, I do not think LE even wanted to release that her body was not intact, but knew that the media had seen too much and did not want the media's version to get out there first.

That's what I recall also.... that LE admitted the "not intact" part, because the news helicopter had already filmed it.

Thats true, a media blackout could backfire and work the other way......Personally I think he's gonna do what he's gonna do, period. He may strike again soon or it could be years or he could be long gone from the area, time will tell.....

You are correct. If he is compelled to kill, he will use any excuse possible to turn the tables and act again. Give him attention = excuse to kill. Deny him attention = excuse to kill. He will just twist it to suit his agenda.

That's what I recall also.... that LE admitted the "not intact" part, because the news helicopter had already filmed it.

And showed it on the live broadcast that night, at least briefly.

In thinking about adult males Jessica would know, i.e. anyone in her life in any way, it seems that these men would be the first to be asked for DNA. So assuming no one refused, I'd guess we are either looking at someone she only knew by sight, or not at all.

I don't want to know exactly what was done to her.

I wish I did know, however, about how much the remains that were found weighed because that could rule in or out whether he could have hiked in to place the remains.

Figuring that a really fit person can hike long distances with a pack weighing about 50 pounds, if what was found weighed more than that then it would almost certainly rule out the perp hiking in to place the remains.

I don't think I want to know all the details either GrainneDhu. It's too heartbreaking. I keep thinking about Jessica's mother, aunts and dad.
What this must be doing to them. :(

For the dedicated sleuthers -

Look at where she was found.

Empty, ugly desolate landscape as far as the eye can see.

One tree, or the remains of one tree, alone in all that emptiness.

Why was she left at the tree?

She wasn't hidden.
It took effort to get her there.
Why the tree???????
She was posed.
Her placement was meant to shock.
Assume he placed her at night...again, WHY THE TREE?
I'm guessing the tree is part of it. He left her there on purpose. He didn't get tired halfway to the shack (she wasn't very big and a shack would be searched eventually).
He wasn't trying to hide her in the shack - why would you when you have a million other easier to reach places to hide her?
WHY THE TREE?
Was he an artist, painting on a blank canvas?

Apologies if this seems insensitive but my way of grieving for these babies is to THINK.

:sleuth:

ETA: also my opinon only.

:cow: :moo:

How do we know she was posed and how does one pose a partial body? tia

When I think of staged displays I think of cases like Black Dahlia, the Hillside Strangler victims, Samantha Runnion, and a couple others. Those were known and verified displays and taunts.

I can't assume anything in this case based on such little data. All we know is this perp didn't bury her, he didn't hide her, and she wasn't intact. What he was thinking, is thinking, had planned or didn't plan or had to improvise is a mystery.

His secret decoder-ring messages are muddled. A child taken and killed is horrific in and of itself. There's no more terror than that for any parent. He did it at least once and it stands to reason he could do it again if he's free and has the opportunity. If that's what he's trying to say with his crime scene, that same message would be true regardless of the scene.

BBM

It's my understanding that there is a black garbage bag connected somehow, and there's some uncertainty regarding whether she was found at the culvert, near the culvert, or near the tree. I'm not sure that we can conclude that she was not hidden.

What are the odds that this murderer will attend the memorial for Jessica?

What are the odds that this murderer will attend the memorial for Jessica?

It happens; maybe not as often as on TV, lol.
But depending on who he is, i.e. if he is a part of the local neighborhood, he may have to, not to stand out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmpottier