CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that this murderer will attend the memorial for Jessica?

Certainly higher is he/she is someone who knows the family somehow. Since le seems to think it is a local person...my guess is...likely to go. Creepy.

2. No one has pointed out the fact that the backpack was found just a few 'feet' from the former home of a mother who suffocated her newborn... Stephanie Rochester.
This reporter seems to be the only one who has picked up on this detail (at the end of the article):
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

This story was heartbreaking in the Boulder area and received some metro attention, but not much out side of the area. I cannot help but wonder if the backpack location is more than just coincidental....

Think he's trying to tell us that he, too, is insane and a murderer? Is she allowed to communicate with the public? Could this be someone's way of impressing her?

Oh wow. This matches one of the locals WSers who said that two men 'approached' their daughter as she ran ahead, while the WSer was doing a survey. Who was that? Absentia? Wish I could remember but we've had so many locals join us!

I read that a little differently - I took it to mean that they have more than one suspect they are investigating but not necessarily that more than one person is suspected to have committed this crime.

(Does that make any sense?)

The odds that her killer might attend the memorial is another reason I'm extremely hesitant to bring my children and won't be going.

FWIW, I don't think the area around Leyden is ugly at all. Then again, I really love my open space and enjoy the grassy yellows and oranges at this time of year.

As for why they don't bulldoze all the old buildings: my guess is that it's never been a priority and many sit on private land anyhow. There's old mines and old buildings all over the state. It's interesting stuff for history buffs and tourists interested in visiting ghost towns. We drove up an old railroad line this summer, and it was absolutely fascinating to see a hundred-year-old railroad trestle still standing. It's blocked off because it's not safe, as are several tunnels on that route, but that and some old buildings along the way are really cool to check out. There were tons of people in 4W-drive vehicles, ATVs, mountain bikes and even a couple of runners all enjoying the area.

Hi, I'm new here although I lurked and read during the CA trial and a few others, I never registered and posted. I am in CO and this case is really upsetting to me, as I have school aged kids and we aren't too far from Superior/Westminster/Arvada. I have tried to read the threads but I haven't been able to keep up with all of them. I tried to search and see if this had been posted, but I guess I don't have search priveleges. -- so sorry if this has been posted already, but there was a case in September in Longmont where a man in a red pickup followed and then chased two 9th grade girls. They ran to a nearby house to escape, and the man got away. As far as I know they haven't caught the guy.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/23/police-search-for-man-who-chased-teen-girls-in-longmont/

Longmont is about a 30 minute drive from Westminser/Superior.

I had the feeling he left the area.Booked and ran and possibly abandoned his car somewhere? Colorado? Different state? I'm keeping my ears open for any more attempted abductions or murder in another state.I'm still thinking he was possibly from around Arvada somewhere.He's starting to sound disorganized and younger to me.20 to 30?

A bit OT, but odd... something that's been creeping me out the past few days is a car that appears to have been abandoned on my street. I first noticed it on Saturday. It's a newer model Mazda 3, sporty looking, tinted windows, very nice condition. It has out of state plates, from Texas. At first I thought it was someone visiting the house across the street from us, but someone from the city has come and put one of those tow-notices on it.

It's odd that it's there, because we live on a tiny, dead-end road street up in the trees. Nobody ever just drives through here, although earlier this summer I did catch some teens having sex totally buck-naked in the middle of the day in their car, which they had just pulled into the beginning of our road and parked (there are a lot of trees, and I'm thinking they didn't realize it was a residential neighborhood back here... unfortunately, I was walking my dog, haha). :floorlaugh:

Anyhow, seeing as I spend too much time on here, my imagination keeps drifting when it is probably nothing important.

I meant to post about the latest incident in Arvada. This is the info from our school:

I want to make our school community aware of an incident that happened this morning, near Arvada K-8, at Memorial Park. Memorial Park is at West 59th and Olde Wadsworth Boulevard.

A student reported that a man approached her while she was on the way to school at about 7:45 a.m. Arvada police say the man had goatee style facial hair, appeared to be in his 30’s and was about six feet tall. He was wearing a black hoodie and a green shirt.

The student told school staff and staff called Arvada police. Because of heightened diligence by students and parents, police say they expect an increase in reports. We will continue to make you aware of reports.

We want you to know that student safety is always our top priority. Reinforce safe behaviors with your child and tell them to always be aware of their surroundings.

If a stranger approaches your child, whether it is at school or outside of school, be sure that your child knows what to do: yell or shout, run away and immediately tell an adult. Stress to your child the importance of going straight to school and coming home immediately after dismissal, or leaving the bus stop. Scholastic’s website offers more tips on talking to your child about stranger danger. http://www.scholastic.com/resources/article/talking-about-stranger-safety

Remind your child that if he/she sees anything suspicious around the neighborhood or school, they need to immediately contact the police department and notify the school.

I know that together, we can help protect the safety of our children. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call me.

This is in the same area as one of the September events (the one near Fitzmorris).

Think he's trying to tell us that he, too, is insane and a murderer? Is she allowed to communicate with the public? Could this be someone's way of impressing her?

Quoting myself to say.... or even further out of the box, how sure are they that the baby SR murdered was her husband's? Could he have been someone else's? Someone evil, and she saw that evil in him? Or she was trying to punish said person by her actions?

Off the wall, I know.... but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

How do we know she was posed and how does one pose a partial body? tia

I understand it's a bit of a leap.

If you look at the pictures of where she is found, it is essentially a barren landscape as far as the eye can see.

There is one tree, close to the road.

The remains are found there, uncovered, in the open.

In that entire 360 degree of landscape, there is one tree. Just one.

He has walked far enough off the road to place her at the tree.

Clearly, she is not hidden or buried in any way. Just casually placed, out in the open, in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, in view of the road.

If he wished to hide her, he would have placed her somewhere hidden.

He didn't.

If he didn't care where she was found, she would have been pushed out of a moving car or thrown in a dumpster.

She wasn't.

No, someone made the effort to find the most empty landscape they could to leave her remains, right beside a road.

That to me says "displayed".

:dunno:

My opinion only. You do not have to agree.

:cow:

Hi, I'm new here although I lurked and read during the CA trial and a few others, I never registered and posted. I am in CO and this case is really upsetting to me, as I have school aged kids and we aren't too far from Superior/Westminster/Arvada. I have tried to read the threads but I haven't been able to keep up with all of them. I tried to search and see if this had been posted, but I guess I don't have search priveleges. -- so sorry if this has been posted already, but there was a case in September in Longmont where a man in a red pickup followed and then chased two 9th grade girls. They ran to a nearby house to escape, and the man got away. As far as I know they haven't caught the guy.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/23/police-search-for-man-who-chased-teen-girls-in-longmont/

AlwaysReading,
Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for posting!!
:welcome6:

I've wondered about that too. I think he figured the body would be found, but maybe not immediately. He might have enough of a head start to get away.

Did he run away, leave the area?

1. Maybe yes, in an attempt to avoid LE and slip through the fingers of the DNA swabbers, or,

2. No, because he's obsessed with the investigation. What does LE know? He needs to feel aware and in close proximity to feel like he's in the loop.

Probably #2

If he is a local, he may be unable to just up and leave the area. Everyone owes someone an explanation for a move like that. More likely, if a local, he has just resumed his normal routine and is watching for developments. My fear is that if he is not in the system and not local to her exact neighborhood, he may never get to LE's radar screen. Unless someone suspects and has the guts to make a call.

I understand it's a bit of a leap.

If you look at the pictures of where she is found, it is essentially a barren landscape as far as the eye can see.

There is one tree, close to the road.

The remains are found there, uncovered, in the open.

In that entire 360 degree of landscape, there is one tree. Just one.

He has walked far enough off the road to place her at the tree.

Clearly, she is not hidden or buried in any way. Just casually placed, out in the open, in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, in view of the road.

If he wished to hide her, he would have placed her somewhere hidden.

He didn't.

If he didn't care where she was found, she would have been pushed out of a moving car or thrown in a dumpster.

She wasn't.

No, someone made the effort to find the most empty landscape they could to leave her remains, right beside a road.

That to me says "displayed".

:dunno:

My opinion only. You do not have to agree.

:cow:

I thought there was a trash bag involved with the discovery of the body. I don't think we know if the remains were still in the bag or even if the original placement was in the culvert pipe. I suppose we'll eventually find out.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/23/police-search-for-man-who-chased-teen-girls-in-longmont/:welcome4:

:banghead: Welcome to WS's AlwaysReading!! I feel horrible for the whole community around the Superior/Westminster/Denver/Arvada area... this is a nightmare. I had not heard about this particular abduction attempt. It happened late in the day (8 PM) and to Middle School age girls. He could have decided since he failed, to try early in the morning for an Elementary School girl. Here is his sketch:

Attachments

• man-chases-girls-suspect-from-longmont-pd-copy.jpg
    man-chases-girls-suspect-from-longmont-pd-copy.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 76
Quoting myself to say.... or even further out of the box, how sure are they that the baby SR murdered was her husband's? Could he have been someone else's? Someone evil, and she saw that evil in him? Or she was trying to punish said person by her actions?

Off the wall, I know.... but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

More info:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/06/stephanie_rochester_smothered.php
Click to read the affidavits in the case

Bench trial: http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_19719689

The odds that her killer might attend the memorial is another reason I'm extremely hesitant to bring my children and won't be going.

FWIW, I don't think the area around Leyden is ugly at all. Then again, I really love my open space and enjoy the grassy yellows and oranges at this time of year.

As for why they don't bulldoze all the old buildings: my guess is that it's never been a priority and many sit on private land anyhow. There's old mines and old buildings all over the state. It's interesting stuff for history buffs and tourists interested in visiting ghost towns. We drove up an old railroad line this summer, and it was absolutely fascinating to see a hundred-year-old railroad trestle still standing. It's blocked off because it's not safe, as are several tunnels on that route, but that and some old buildings along the way are really cool to check out. There were tons of people in 4W-drive vehicles, ATVs, mountain bikes and even a couple of runners all enjoying the area.

Hey OwlMom... I also find beauty in the area. I can see where some people think it is desolate, but I sort of like it. Anywyas - I DO have a question about the area. Are there open mines in the area that a body could be placed? I am trying to reconcile why a body would be left out on the side of the road in an area with old mines. Can you not get to the old mines? Are they sealed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme