CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't buy personalized items, either, but the Schools do require names on all items for daily use (i.e. Water bottles & backpacks). That being said, we put the name inside the backpack, and the water bottle goes inside, as well.

It does seem, though, that some Schools seem to be oblivious to some of these kind of safety procedures. I was shocked that a local Elementary School, in the name of Health Week, did a "Walk to school day" last week. They hung signs and advertised it all over town! I understand the Teachers and Parents were taking part, but it just seemed strange to me to be advertising when all of these school aged children would be out walking.

We also had a 'walk to school day' here a couple of weeks ago (our district is about 20 miles south of JR's). The school had a meeting place for everyone that wanted to participate, parents were encouraged to be there. Teachers, aids and some local police were there through the walk from the meeting place to the school.

I used to run a Teen Pregnancy and Parenting Program. I had many girls who got pregnant by their boyfriend. In the state I lived, at the time, age of censent was 16. When the girl was 15 and the boy was 16, they could not legally have sex. Once she turned 16 and he was 17, they could. BUT - as soon as he turned 18 and she was 17, they could not any longer. This caused problems for lots of kids in this situation. Unfortunately, I had many teen fathers who were very "good" kids, end up on the registery.

I'm posting this again as I didn't really get many answers last nite and I'm hoping there are more people on today who might be able to help offer theories. After listening to the crime show last night, there are a couple things about Mister Mayor's theory that don't connect for me. I wonder if anyone can answer these questions in a way that makes sense to me.
TIA :)

* if it was a "crime of opportunity" and if he simply "snapped", how is it that it was also not random and was well thought out and planned in advance

and how is it that he would have also been fantasizing and repressing this for a long time?

and why is it that he would likely do it again soon? does his GF/wife go away frequently on weekends, as was suggested, to give him more opportunities? does he have Fridays-Sundays off?

if the way the remains were transported and found was simply due to convenience or necessity (for carrying and concealment), is this perp engaged in a sexual motive or a pedophiliac motive prior to the act that causes the remains to be found this way?

I remember ted bundy always looked for names on things so he could call out the girls name as a way to start a conversation. After that my family stopped buying personalized things. Jessica had her name on a keychain and water bottle and what else. This creep may of hunted like bundy. JMOO

When I first started driving my father wouldn't allow me to get a personalized license tag for this fact. Smart guy.

well, the investigators have to eat, so being a waitress would mean she might hear some stuff the rest of us do not.

Shame of her for posting it on her FB if that's the case! What in the world is wrong with people?

Shame of her for posting it on her FB if that's the case! What in the world is wrong with people?

People seem to revel in the fact that they are "in the know." We are a society infatuated with celebrity, and, with a case like this, a lot of people will feel that interjecting themselves into it will allow them to become the center of attention.

Can someone explain to me why the waste truck is still at the location where Jessica's body was found?

I'm posting this again as I didn't really get many answers last nite and I'm hoping there are more people on today who might be able to help offer theories. After listening to the crime show last night, there are a couple things about Mister Mayor's theory that don't connect for me. I wonder if anyone can answer these questions in a way that makes sense to me.
TIA :)

* if it was a "crime of opportunity" and if he simply "snapped", how is it that it was also not random and was well thought out and planned in advance

and how is it that he would have also been fantasizing and repressing this for a long time?

and why is it that he would likely do it again soon? does his GF/wife go away frequently on weekends, as was suggested, to give him more opportunities? does he have Fridays-Sundays off?

if the way the remains were transported and found was simply due to convenience or necessity (for carrying and concealment), is this perp engaged in a sexual motive or a pedophiliac motive prior to the act that causes the remains to be found this way?

All great questions...there are definitely multiple holes in my theory and a lot of pure, blind conjecture. I'm trying to wrap my (somewhat!) rational mind around the mindset of someone who is clearly severely demented. I would imagine that LE has information and evidence that would immediately rule out some of my conclusions...such as whether they believe Jessica's body was initially found in the culvert, or up on the hillside beyond the fence.

It's not a park in the traditional sense, with landscaped lawns, gardens, playground equipments or a ball field. Open Spaces are essentially pockets of wilderness within an otherwise urbanized area. They are not "maintained" in the same way a traditional is...in most cases you're basically just looking at trails that cut through open, rolling prairie (lots of draws and ravines...that kind of thing.) You are encouraged to stay on trail at all times so as to prevent disrupting wildlife habitats and to ensure minimal impact. There MAY be some kind of camera at a trailhead or two, but other than that, there is really nowhere to put a camera.

Actually I was thinking of the park where she was known to meet up with her friends. I think it was Chealsey (sp) Park. There was some speculation she may have gone there that morning. Or maybe there could have been video from previous days that would show her talking to someone that would appear out of place. just a thought.

Im catching up on thread #9....I wanted to respond to this post by Eilene730
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8457336&postcount=823"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9[/ame]

This was done in the Carely Brucia case Here in Florida!

NASA, with technology used in the investigation of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, assisted the investigation by working with the video to enchance the image. The FBI also worked to help find Brucia and the man who abducted her.

http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/carliebrucia.htm

That case did not use "spy satelites". They used technology to enhance security footage from the ground.

From article:
The surveillance camera at the car wash showed a man in a uniform type shirt approaching Carlie, saying something to her, and then leading her away. NASA, with technology used in the investigation of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, assisted the investigation by working with the video to enchance the image.

Legally, there is HUGE debate about using spy satelites in the US - 4th admendment and the Posse Comitatus Act, warrantless searches and so forth. That is why the use of drones has become a huge national debate. (read this: www.fas.org/sgp/crs/intel/RL34421.pdf very very good read for those interested in the subject) I know someone very close to me who is what you could call a "space jocky" or "satelite jocky" and he wont admit whether or not it's truly done (that would be classified info)......but between you and me....I would not doubt it.

But for general knowledge to the public, there would be no video from space that captured this event ;)

[this is a major topic of interest to me, as my major is criminal forensics and minor is US Intelligence ;) ]

When I first started driving my father wouldn't allow me to get a personalized license tag for this fact. Smart guy.

LOL...were you just going to get your first name as the vanity plate? Haha I can see it now! "GREG"

All great questions...there are definitely multiple holes in my theory and a lot of pure, blind conjecture. I'm trying to wrap my (somewhat!) rational mind around the mindset of someone who is clearly severely demented. I would imagine that LE has information and evidence that would immediately rule out some of my conclusions...such as whether they believe Jessica's body was initially found in the culvert, or up on the hillside beyond the fence.

I am glad you mentioned that because I dont understand why they dont say where the body was found. There has to be some reason they are not putting that out there. At least I think it is strange, why keep it a secret? jmo

Has it been determined if her body was not intact from an animal or by a human?

O/T Regarding the personalized items......our family is soon taking a trip to Disney. When I called to stay in a Disney Resort, they requested my children's names. I asked why and was told that they would write their name on their resort key, to be used all over the park to "purchase' sodas, food, etc., which would be charged to our room. I told them that I've stayed in hotels literally all over the world and have NEVER been asked for my kids' names. In the end, even after speaking with a manager, there was no way to make a reservation for 4, withou giving my kids' names. I was literally appauled. One would think that Disney, of all places, would be more considerate of the protection of children. The guy even said that the call was "confidential". Really, well once he puts their names on their keys, to be flashed all over the parks, that kinda ends that, don't ya think? To top it off, we have a child with special needs who would likely go with anyone who called her name. Needless to say, we took our money elsewhere and will NOT be staying on property.

Fyi.... No one sees this but you. Our "keys" are like credit cards. They are used as tickets to the parks, at restaurants if you have the dining plan, and are used as entry keys to your condo. They are also used to obtain fast passes to the rides. You swipe them yourself... no flashing of anything. The names are printed in tiny letters, just so you know who's is who's. When you enter the parks, you have to scan each one individually. My husband kept his, and I kept all the kids and mine. No one ever saw them or asked for them except people who needed them, and they see a million a day and couldn't have cared less what my kids' names were. The names on the cards can't be seen by anyone unless you show them, and they are simply being scanned to prove you paid for that service for that guest. While I am not a Disney fanatic, I don't want other people to think that this practice is dangerous. No one can force a child who is being attended by a watchful parent to do anything. The best protection is supervision. A great number of children will simply answer to "little boy" or "little girl" and willingly give their name when asked. Card or no card will not prevent this, but supervision can.

been offline since thursday. My heart breaks for Jessica's family. This perp was no random stranger. This perp was in that area because he works there or because he lives there.

Frightening for the community.

I think I missed that. Is this coming from MSM or locals or?

There was a picture posted last night showing a news crew or t.v. crew filming the area. I suspected it a reenactment for a future t.v. show. I dont know if that was the actual truck or one they brought in for the filming. Anyone know anything definite please clarify for us. jmo

I sure hope nobody starts reporting people as possible suspects based on criteria such as, "I never liked him." If there's real data or information and/or a person's behaviors are distinctly different than before that's one thing and, according to the police, that's valid. But not 'liking' someone is a crappy metric to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay