CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise, people who live in those cities commute to work in Denver. They will often stay during the workweek and head home on the weekends. Jessica went missing the Friday before Columbus Day, a holiday during which many businesses (mostly government related) are closed. In other words the commuter scenario could be this guy simply staying in Denver for a long weekend so I'll go with the possibility that this person commutes from his home in Denver metro to another city not too far off.

Because it was a holiday weekend, there is a chance he may not have been missed at all - even if he was not a commuter.

I am starting to think this is someone who lived in the triangulated area. He owns his own home. He is likely living on the route Jessica took each morning. He could be a friend's dad. He could have been driving in his car and offered her a ride, he could have even saw her from his house and called her over for whatever reason and trusting him she went to him. The more I think of it that makes more sense to me. It would explain the inability to identify an unknown vehicle out that morning, etc.

Typing in a rush so if some of this seems unexplained I will come back in a bit and do a better job.

JMO

I am thinking along these lines too. I look at the map from her house to the park and I just don't see how the timing could have been THAT PERFECT that a complete stranger who happened to be driving down HER STREET, on the day when she had some kind of mix-up with meeting people, when the weather was cold enough that kids were getting rides, Friday before holiday weekend - it all just seems a little too perfect to have ALL these circumstances fit the way they do. I can't believe the serendipity that would bring all these situations together, and that is why I think it is someone who:

Knew the street;
Knew her pattern of going to the park to meet her friends;
Knew her mom worked overnight shift;
Knew she would trust this person;
Could even be a parent or older sibling of someone who had some conflict with her, or was jealous of her and they opted to take out this rage on her. And I cannot conjure up what was done to her, I can't imagine someone being able to mentally do this kind of thing. With that being said, I also believe this was the first time.

We think this person is lucky or smart, but there is a lot we don't know and I think we're giving him too much credit. We don't know everything the cops know. But they are not going to make a move until they know they have everything in order. I'm sure they have an idea and I think it's going to sicken us all.

she did not watch her walk to the park. she saw her out the door and closed it.

I'm glad you brought that up because I've only just recently started reading about this case and have been reading older threads and articles trying to figure out the sequence of events. These two quotes have me confused.

Jessica Ridgeway's mother stood in front of their home at 10768 Moore St. Friday morning and watched until her daughter was out of sight on her way to Witt Elementary School, 10255 W. 104th Drive, Spottke said. That was around 8:30 a.m.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ght-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

"She wants to be a teenager before she's a teenager," Sarah Ridgeway said. "I watch her walk out the door and I shut the door and that's the last time I saw her ... walking through that door.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-co...ny-involvement/story?id=17429455#.UHzlH29Fzkc

35mdwz8.jpg

There is only a very short space where Jessica would be "out of sight" to someone standing in front of Jessica's home before she reached the park as the street curves to the left slightly.

He could have been driving to work and saw an opportunity. Does anyone know if the police have done road checks on the street to see who exactly passes this way during the time frame? That is how Russell Williams got the attention of police investigating the disappearance of Jessica Lloyd. They set up a road block a week after she disappeared to see who regularly passed by. Of course, the person could have changed his route but you never know.

Reportedly they have set up several radar trucks from Denver to take photos of all cars entering/exiting the area. Heard this was started on Friday of last week. (however Jane Valez Mitchell is my source for this ... "Sources say" ... so use your own judgement on validity).

I checked out Colorados RSO site and there are over 200 "violent sex offenders". Some have an unknown address. I really think something needs to be done and the violent sex offenders should not be free to roam the streets undetected. They should wear ankle bracelets. This should be law.

I guess I wouldnt understand he placing of the bookbag as a decoy because why risk leaving it at all. Now there is a clue the killer or someone with contact with the killer was at that location. If the murderer did not want attention that backpack would have been disposed of in a way it was not found. For it to be left indicates the murderer wanted people to know he was there and wanted it found but for a reason. The reason not being a decoy but a motive towards something else. Nothing to decoy away from if it was not to be found right? JMO. Plus the decoy of a bookbag is really not a decoy because it is a real clue that could lead to more evidence. even if it was meant to be a decoy no smart murderer is sure he isnt going to get caught. I dont think this guy is as smart as LE thinks he might be or it is a ploy to have him believe they are dumb. The removing body parts is not to hinder ID or it is . If the killer thought it would just take longer ok but if he wanted it to take longer then why not hide the body better?

IMO I cant make the profile work with certain aspects.

A planned kidnapping commited by an seasoned abductor is what peter seems to be saying he thinks in his profile . Yet leaving a decoy does not fit with the profile nor does tossing it out the window on his way to whereever fit with the profile . I am left with parts of the profile
not working out. JMO and I am not a professional or anything.

I think parts of his profile make sense. Like how he says this was not his first time, didn't LE say the same thing? And it's possible he DID place the bag near a RSO's home, to me it makes more sense than placing it there because of street names. But who knows. Hard to figure out sociopaths.

Reportedly they have set up several radar trucks from Denver to take photos of all cars entering/exiting the area. Heard this was started on Friday of last week. (however Jane Valez Mitchell is my source for this ... "Sources say" ... so use your own judgement on validity).

This was reported in a prior presser, so it's true.

I just want this guy caught. I hope he is and I do suspect someone who has a personal tie to where the backback was found. I think the backpack was placed there for a specfic reason at that spot.

Any neighbors mention seeing it of finding it ?

I thought about this case (couldn't seem to avoid it) all evening yesterday. The thought that kept niggling in the back of my mind was the feeling that this case keeps calling to my mind that of Jorelys Rivera. Her murderer, Ryan Brunn was a maintenance/groundskeeper in her apartment complex. He abused her corpse in an effort to hide his crime.

Once that connection was made I realized that despite the fact that Jessica's remains were apparently desecrated, this may be this perp's first murder, as I believe it was for Ryan Brunn in Georgia, when he brutally murdered young Jorelys and disposed of her in a trash compactor.

I was making the leap that anyone who kidnaps a child, murders him/her and then dismembers the corpse (allegedly) is a seasoned predator/murderer.

Now I am looking at this case with fresh eyes, trying not to make those assumptions so quickly.

As to where the found remains were dumped, I think they were meant to go inside that nearby culvert/drain. I think he got spooked when dumping them and bailed before depositing them where he intended, hence they seemed to be dumped right out in the open, which doesn't support the reason for dismemberment/abuse of corpse being for reasons of slowing/preventing them being found and subsequent IDing of them.

Thanks Tlcox. I have been thinking along these same lines. I think this perp has a SA history with children, but didn't expect the huge outpouring of media attention this case quickly received. I think it created an initial panic on his part and he quickly accelerated to murder out of fear of discovery. I believe his former victims were known to him (aquaintences children, relatives children, etc) but Jessica was likely his first abduction. I can see how he may have fantasized about this for some time before acting upon his urges, thus her abduction was fairly well organized, but as soon as her absence was discovered and the intense focus was on, he realized he needed to dispose of her. Dismembering her was the fastest and least obvious method available, (trash bags as opposed to attempting to dispose of the entire body). It's apparent the location he chose was not as well thought out which explains why this crime appears to be both organized in one sense and disorganized in another sense. I believe we have an experienced sexual predator who just escalated to murder.

"Anyone that's capable of an act like this, it may be just the beginning," Pence said. "This person is initiating a sick mind and it's going to involve additional crimes, additional acts that the public needs to be concerned about."
Pence said parents should be protective -- not panicked.
Traditionally, people who commit these types of crimes are cowards and wouldn't approach a child
who's accompanied by an adult or someone else, he said.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...jessicas-killer-could-act-again#ixzz29TeVjCRt

I'm glad you brought that up because I've only just recently started reading about this case and have been reading older threads and articles trying to figure out the sequence of events. These two quotes have me confused.

Thanks for posting both those accounts. I thought I was going crazy. But, now I am really confused. Which was it??? I think it is important to know what really happened. Not casting doubt on mom, but need to know which way it was because they are drastically different. jmo

I am not convinced that this predator had to know Jessica..or her family or her routine.

We have seen many of these type of pedophilia kidnappings and most of them where the child was abducted while walking to or from school did not know their kidnapper. Just like the Cody Wy 11 year old didnt. Imo, people like this seize upon the opportunity when they see it. They already have the lust and perversion for young children so it is always in the back of their mind and they are constantly looking for those opportunities.

All he had to do is see Jessica walking alone that day with no one else around.
It doesnt take but seconds to pull a child into a vehicle and leave with them. He didnt have to know anything about her. She was a young child the age that pedophiles like.

And everytime this seems to happen no one hears or sees a thing. The child is just gone......vanished without a trace until their bodies are found or never found.

ETA: If he did not know Jessica he would have no empathy for her and that is why he dismembered the body. It didnt bother him because imo he has no link to her at all. She was just a victim that got caught in his evil web.

Thanks Tlcox. I have been thinking along these same lines. I think this perp has a SA history with children, but didn't expect the huge outpouring of media attention this case quickly received. I think it created an initial panic on his part and he quickly accelerated to murder out of fear of discovery. I believe his former victims were known to him (aquaintences children, relatives children, etc) but Jessica was likely his first abduction. I can see how he may have fantasized about this for some time before acting upon his urges, thus her abduction was fairly well organized, but as soon as her absence was discovered and the intense focus was on, he realized he needed to dispose of her. Dismembering her was the fastest and least obvious method available, (trash bags as opposed to attempting to dispose of the entire body). It's apparent the location he chose was not as well thought out which explains why this crime appears to be both organized in one sense and disorganized in another sense. I believe we have an experienced sexual predator who just escalated to murder.

Yes, this. For all the reasons outlined in your post I also feel this may not be an experienced SK or abductor. I think what we have seen with Jessica's abduction is an acceleration of this perp's criminality. Thank you for articulating so well what I was trying to express.

Could someone clarify what LE has said regarding this guy? I thought they said he was experienced and this wasn't his first time. Did they mean his first time killing a child, or his first time abducting a child?

I just want this guy caught. I hope he is and I do suspect someone who has a personal tie to where the backback was found. I think the backpack was placed there for a specfic reason at that spot.

Any neighbors mention seeing it of finding it ?

I have only heard about the neighbors who called LE about it.

About a vehicle - what if he rented a car? Something simple, something common, and something no one would look twice at? He could use a car to do the abduction (even with CO plates), and then return it. The car place would detail it of course, and short of a monster mess in the car, its unlikely that a car rental place is going to look twice at the vehicle or the renter.... just thinking out loud here. I hope LE has / is checking CO car rental places!!

Pence said leaving the backpack for authorities to find was intentional.
"It's a situation that doesn't always occur in a kidnapping, leaving a clue like that. It was put there for a purpose," he said.
Pence said the killer likely left the backpack either to taunt police or as a diversion.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...jessicas-killer-could-act-again#ixzz29Tff4pXg

I said at the very beginning I thought he put it there as a diversionary tactic.

imo

I am starting to think this is someone who lived in the triangulated area. He owns his own home. He is likely living on the route Jessica took each morning. He could be a friend's dad. He could have been driving in his car and offered her a ride, he could have even saw her from his house and called her over for whatever reason and trusting him she went to him. The more I think of it that makes more sense to me. It would explain the inability to identify an unknown vehicle out that morning, etc.

It was sleeting, or raining that morning. It has been my experience that, in rainy weather, people on foot either have a portion of their view obstructed by an umbrella, or hood OR are looking down and moving quickly. This provides another possible explanation for why nobody saw anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath