CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a fire would have drawn immediate attention. Everyone around here is on super high alert for fires. Even though the statewide burn ban has been lifted, we have had our own community burn ban after it was lifted. But it was cold and snowy the day she was abducted. But then again today we are back on fire alert because of the winds. And there was/is also a fire in Estes Park that happened a few days after her abduction that they seem to think is suspicious. But anyway a fire would yes draw quite a bit of attention, I think.

Thanks for the reply, it helps. So if he was worried about DNA it could mean he is in the system. So he leaves what he feels won't connect him by DNA, that means what does has to be disgraded in a way it destroys any evidence. Perhaps he buried what he had too, or hid. He is not taking any chances and still disgardes her in an disrespectful, contemptable way. He is sending a message. He could have buried her, all of her.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8466955#post8466955"]Found Deceased CO - Memorial Thread for Jessica Ridgeway - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

bumping up the memorial thread for Jessica

Where the spokesman said that the guy was "very good at what he does" as far as dismemberment. I'm sorry, I don't have the stomach ( or the patience, ADHD here lol) to watch all those pressers over again.

PS Also something that jumped out at me was him saying something akin to "those who saw the helicopter footage know that all the remains weren't there."

Think experienced hunter

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8422894&postcount=53"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1[/ame]

This was the first report SR gave per link above. The information changes from J was meeting 'a group of friends' at the park to J left the house to meet 'a friend' at the park before continuing to walk together to school.

Just a couple of random thoughts, mostly regarding the body. I should mention that I'm a newb here; most of my true-crime knowledge comes from Anne Rule's early books (well, and lurking on alt.true-crime back in the day). It's been a long time since I 'followed' any case, and I'm not sure why this one caught my attention.

"Did the perp want the body to be found?" The case it most reminds me of is Samantha Runion. I believe he did want the body to be found in exactly the state they found it in. The setting is so unbelievably creepy (even with the gigantic firetruck floodlights on it, I can't imagine being out there at night). There is no way that was a random or panicked dump. And the backpack drop seems so blatantly staged. I think it's all a game to this person.

"Why were helicopters allowed?" This is based more on my internal knowledge of the media industry than of crime or LE. Even if they declared a 'no fly zone', it's not like they had F-22s on hand to shoot down violators; my guess is that in a big enough story, many journalists/media members/news copter pilots would go in for the shot and worry about the legal backlash later. Just a guess, though, and it sounds like they didn't try to to stop them anyway.

I am guessing he is single but divorced, hates women, maybe has elementary child of his own - shares custody, and drives into the area almost daily and lives in neighboring town. No wife at home, as mentioned above, only his child occasionally, rotates weekends at work, possibly drives company van with logo, otherwise Jessica's body could stay in that van indefinitely, without remains being so close to her town. Probably has his own house. Maybe threw backpack out on the way back into her town to work or pick friend or family member up there....

Anything is possible but remember the BTK killer?

Thanks for the reply, it helps. So if he was worried about DNA it could mean he is in the system. So he leaves what he feels won't connect him by DNA, that means what does has to be disgraded in a way it destroys any evidence. Perhaps he buried what he had too, or hid. He is not taking any chances and still disgardes her in an disrespectful, contemptable way. He is sending a message. He could have buried her, all of her.

Think experienced hunter

My brother and uncles used to hunt Deer and Elk, so I get it.

BTK had a long period off didn't he? And if I recall correctly wasn't there some "story" in the local newspapers about him when he resurfaced quite a time later? Or am I misrecalling?

Just seems interesting that this story was in the Des Moines register in September; have to wonder if a sleeping giant was awakened by the story.

I was JUST thinking about BTK. Yes, he did have a long period 'off' with a wife, children and a steady job. I don't recall what triggered him again. It would be interesting to know though. BTK really didn't follow a specific victimology so much, IMO. His was more of a sexual deviant nature.

Just a couple of random thoughts, mostly regarding the body. I should mention that I'm a newb here; most of my true-crime knowledge comes from Anne Rule's early books (well, and lurking on alt.true-crime back in the day). It's been a long time since I 'followed' any case, and I'm not sure why this one caught my attention.

"Did the perp want the body to be found?" The case it most reminds me of is Samantha Runion. I believe he did want the body to be found in exactly the state they found it in. The setting is so unbelievably creepy (even with the gigantic firetruck floodlights on it, I can't imagine being out there at night). There is no way that was a random or panicked dump. And the backpack drop seems so blatantly staged. I think it's all a game to this person.

"Why were helicopters allowed?" This is based more on my internal knowledge of the media industry than of crime or LE. Even if they declared a 'no fly zone', it's not like they had F-22s on hand to shoot down violators; my guess is that in a big enough story, many journalists/media members/news copter pilots would go in for the shot and worry about the legal backlash later. Just a guess, though, and it sounds like they didn't try to to stop them anyway.

:welcome5: thess

I was JUST thinking about BTK. Yes, he did have a long period 'off' with a wife, children and a steady job. I don't recall what triggered him again. It would be interesting to know though. BTK really didn't follow a specific victimology so much, IMO. His was more of a sexual deviant nature.

Didn't he start up again because of an article that was written about the killings??????

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXa_YreEFEs"]Exclusive interview with BTK killer - YouTube[/ame]

thanks. I agree. I also wondered abt the no-fly zone. why was one not called?

I watch this to ask myself - if I was talking to this guy in an every day encounter, would I feel like something was off. he seems pretty average except something with his eyes is weird. Kinda bugged out and shifty. I would hope I would get a weird vibe.

I agree with what you are saying.. so normal on the surface... his family never knew and they lived with him....

Welcome to Websleuths!
I had the thought that the killer didn't want Jessica to be found, but...I am starting to change my mind. I am thinking it was staged as well. As far as the helicopters are concerned I bet they have footage that we "public" will never see.

hmm? I hadn't heard anything about any trial period. your info may be more updated than mine if that's the case. I have just been well trained from my years on this site that scanner chatter is a no no here (upstairs). LOL I am a mod suckup insofaras I have no wish for a timeout. Been there once, don't want to go back. Can't live without my WS :)

If my info is outdated or incorrect, my apologies for confusion caused.

You are not alone, tl, I find myself outside of this particular loop myself. I've heard nothing about a trial period but maybe I missed it.

I am with you on the issue of obeying the rules. I've had the time-out cure myself, and I don't want to do it again. Besides, I feel like I've been a rude party guest when the mods have to clean up a mess I've made!

You are not alone, tl, I find myself outside of this particular loop myself. I've heard nothing about a trial period but maybe I missed it.

I am with you on the issue of obeying the rules. I've had the time-out cure myself, and I don't want to do it again. Besides, I feel like I've been a rude party guest when the mods have to clean up a mess I've made!

We did indeed miss it, lol. We can discuss scanner chatter here with link to scanner thread or specific post but not quote posts directly nor cut n paste. (I think) A few pages back someone was kind enough to bring Nursebeeme's post outlining the new rules for this trial period. hopefully the trial goes well. And might I say, very aptly put about the rude party guest! Exactly how I feel in that instance.

O/T?
http://www.mail.com/news/us/1635194-ex-wife-kidnapping-suspect-snapped.html#.7518-stage-hero1-6

(ex-wife) said the case has devastated her and her family, but she is proud of the girl who provided a description that led police to arrest Speer. "If my own daughter ever ended up in that situation, I hope she would be as brave and strong," (ex-wife) said. "It goes beyond whether that was (Speer). I'm just proud of her for being a survivor."
She wrote in her blog that she, her family and their friends hope the police have the wrong man, "but afraid that they do not." She told the AP there were just too many things in the police report that point back to her ex-husband, including the police sketch of the suspect, a photo of the vehicle, and a description of eyeglasses. Then there was the detail that the suspect's car had bottled water strapped to his roof.

"He's the only person in the universe who drives around with a 24-pack of bottled water" strapped to the car, she said. (ex-wife) has filed a restraining order against Speer in the event he is released, and she has asked for sole custody of their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member