CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Science lessons for free! I need to go see those.

O/T: You should. They are totally awesome.

We did the same thing as GrianneDhu -- walked along them for miles. We were on the Sublette Cutoff in Wyoming, which is a long dry way across, and we found some pieces of broken china and old forks where a pioneer wagon probably unloaded excess weight to ease the strain on his wagon team. And it's so wide open the land seems to go on forever.

You can also see parts of the old Bozeman Trail along US89 between Ennis and Norris in Montana. I'm sure there are more.

How far is continental from Arvada? The dismembering makes me wonder I mean it can't be that common. I could only find the other article about him and the homeless shelter

They must have some pretty good evidence for them to be dismissing these criminals so fast. I hope Jessica's killer left his/her dna on something.

too many. even my DH knew about that place. not sure he went there, but he knew it was haunted.
prob every HS boy for the past 30 + years went there.

Just wondering something about Pattridge Park and the old mines there...
Didn't I read that high school kids go there at night ? (to drink beer? and be daring?)

Kids from which high schools?
Maybe the perp had first hand knowledge about that area because he used to go up there himself? And knew that it would be quiet and deserted on a nasty night?
With a fairly low chance of being seen while throwing out a garbage bag there.

There might be some way to look at old year books, eliminate some students, and still be able to check a manageable amount of ex-students? Too many?

Current Jessica police-scanner thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188064"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(I'm new but from what I've gathered that thread is primarily for discussion of stuff picked up on police/EMS/etc public radio channels, so I wouldn't recommend using it for detailed discussion of the case(s).)

Just wondering something about Pattridge Park and the old mines there...
Didn't I read that high school kids go there at night ? (to drink beer? and be daring?)

Kids from which high schools?
Maybe the perp had first hand knowledge about that area because he used to go up there himself? And knew that it would be quiet and deserted on a nasty night?
With a fairly low chance of being seen while throwing out a garbage bag there.

There might be some way to look at old year books, eliminate some students, and still be able to check a manageable amount of ex-students?

Ralston Valley HS serves the area but is only a few years old. Before that it was Arvada West.

I truly hope so. only b/c he is in custody and we could have our guy put away.

You know, we moved here because Denver is supposed to be more family-friendly than Charleston, SC. This is beginning to worry me now...

Going on speculation of course - but what are the chances that this is the guy who killed Jessica? Maybe his mother put two and two together or he suspected she did and he killed her too. I suppose we will find out soon enough. Centennial is a Denver suburb.

Ari looks an awful lot like the Candy POI:

ari%20misha%20liggett.jpg

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/03/ari_misha_liggett_weird_chemic.php

ridgeway-sketch-300.jpg

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20639202,00.html

20121017_080304_cd17ari_liggett_200.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-centennial-son-arrested-body-parts-back-seat

How far is continental from Arvada? The dismembering makes me wonder I mean it can't be that common. I could only find the other article about him and the homeless shelter

How many dismemberers do we have running around here???

I truly hope so. only b/c he is in custody and we could have our guy put away.

That would be great. They said: We have discussed the situation with various entities and do not believe there is a link at this time." I wonder if "at this time" is the key to this statement.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jeffrey_Howe[/ame]

A dismemberment murder in the UK.

seems like so many people have had close calls. glad you're here unscathed.

When I was a very young teen, a father of one of my brothers friends saw me and my friend walking to school. He stopped at the curb and offered us a ride. We obliged, since i knew who he was. Once we got in his car I explained to him that I knew who he was since my brother hung out with his son. He looked so surprised. He then drove us directly to school and dropped us off.
To this day I have no idea what his intentions were, but I now know it was hella suspicious for him to pick up 2 young girls on their way to school. I think my telling him my brother hung out with his son caused him to only take us to school.
He just so happened to be a judge. I knew that getting in his car. It was one of the things that caused me to trust him. Go figure! He had no idea who I was nor my friend when he offered us that ride. I now suspect he was just some perv picking up a couple of very young teen girls.
So when LE is telling us it could be anybody......it could be.

<SNIP> I cannot imagine a subliminal message to turn himself in would be effective.

My opinion only of course....

I can just see 2000 people watching and confessing to the murder the next day!

Just in case the young man just arrested isn't the only psycho out there, I'll throw another idea into the mess, similar to one I mentioned before. Otto (I think) had mentioned that Broomfield would be the mirror location, or something like that, of Westminster. There is a specialty butcher shop there that recently closed, I'm not suggesting that the owners are responsible for the death, but the empty building might be a good place to cut the body without leaving obvious evidence. It would have the drainage areas, and people might not notice any smell from it later. Otherwise, there is the possibility that someone else who cuts up game for people could have done it. I have known people who butcher deer and some other animals for hunters and freeze/refrigerate the meat until it can be picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw