CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<<<I read something about one recent abduction attempt, near Arvada, where the suspect tried to lure a child re: a puppy? Does anyone remember that one?>>>

Nope. But we do have the candy man in the blue sedan luring boys, but I don't remember any actual puppy guy.

Someone who sells local drug paraphernalia (bongs, etc.), but have no idea how marijuana/drugs relates to a wooden cross.

From my former life it looks like something some of my ex-boyfriends and guy friends would wear...something of the younger crowd..maybe 18-25 yrs of age..maybe older if they never "grew up"...

If the cross was worn around the perpetrators neck, would there not be skin cells on the wood? Maybe in the hole where the chain or rope would have gone from it sliding around the neck and through the hole?

I wondered the same thing - this doesn't look like something that was bought brand new in recent days given the number of scratches / scuff marks (?) on it (along the bottom in one photo I saw). However, it doesn't look worn enough to be very old either. I'm wondering whether there was a string / chain etc attached to it when they found it? Doesn't sound like it from the description they gave... but still possibly a great lead!

I'm more concerned about the artist who makes them.

They are sold through Oregon, which is also a bit close for comfort.

I think you may be on to something there absentia!!!!!

:woohoo:

ETA - well I'm down here in Australia, but aren't Oregon and Colorado part of the same general area of the states? Same climate etc? Don't the people who live there have a similar lifestyle, lots of outdoors type of pursuits?

:dunno:

If this guy is a traveller, he could have a hobby which involves, say, photographing wild scenery and animals, which would lead him into both states. Or he could be a hunter or hiker or canoeist or climber.

If the seller had've been in Hawaii, or California, or New Mexico, I wouldn't have commented.

Well, it was my theory that this is not your average pedophile abductor, but one more like the well studied and somewhat creative serial killers most of us have read scads of books about. I tried very hard not to believe this for awhile, but his having left a distinctive wooden cross put me over the top. Now, I am certain that he is playing "games" with LE. Good. He'll almost certainly be caught because his ego is too big for his IQ. IMO!

• <<<I read something about one recent abduction attempt, near Arvada, where the suspect tried to lure a child re: a puppy? Does anyone remember that one?>>>

Nope. But we do have the candy man in the blue sedan luring boys, but I don't remember any actual puppy guy.

I'm more concerned about the artist who makes them.

They are sold through Oregon, which is also a bit close for comfort.

I think you may be on to something there absentia!!!!!

:woohoo:

I agree that the one found in this case looks more crude, but only slightly. the wood appears darker but hard to tell given different photography lighting.

I wondered the same thing - this doesn't look like something that was bought brand new in recent days given the number of scratches / scuff marks (?) on it (along the bottom in one photo I saw). However, it doesn't look worn enough to be very old either. I'm wondering whether there was a string / chain etc attached to it when they found it? Doesn't sound like it from the description they gave... but still possibly a great lead!
From the pictures, it doesn't look like it ever had a string or chain in it. There is no visible wear around the hole in the cross.

No, it's related:

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation could become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica’s killer. In an ongoing attempt to identify the predator responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway, police are asking the public to look at several pictures to see if these will help lead police to the killer.

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

From Westminster PD facebook: https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream Several more pictures there.

292885_10151357379174305_1514935677_n.jpg

Is that made from olive wood?

Well, it was my theory that this is not your average pedophile abductor, but one more like the well studied and somewhat creative serial killers most of us have read scads of book about. I tried very hard to to believe this for awhile, but his having left a distinctive wooden cross put me over the top. Now, I am certain that he is playing "games" with LE. Good. He'll almost certainly be caught because his ego is too big for his IQ. IMO!

totally agree.
the find of this symbol also suggests to me the rest of the aspects of the case are meaningful and not just coincidence. also a religious or anti-religious slant to the motive, or master plan, pattern etc.

Oh wow, I just checked in after a long hard week and here is what I find!!!

I wish they would say where exactly it was found but I suppose it does not matter, they did say it is tied into Jessica.

I think they have more to and this is the first thing they are releasing.

This particular cross gives off a home-made flavor to me. It's so off-set, someone slipped with the blade and finished it regardless.

I doubt an artisan would have been able to command much for such a crooked cross. JMO.

• <<<I read something about one recent abduction attempt, near Arvada, where the suspect tried to lure a child re: a puppy? Does anyone remember that one?>>>

The abductor Cody asked the girl to help look for his dog.

This particular cross gives off a home-made flavor to me. It's so off-set, someone slipped with the blade and finished it regardless.

I doubt an artisan would have been able to command much for such a crooked cross. JMO.

well, the etsy artist has many curved and offset crosses from $14-30.

Oh wow, I just checked in after a long hard week and here is what I find!!!

I wish they would say where exactly it was found but I suppose it does not matter, they did say it is tied into Jessica.

I think they have more to and this is the first thing they are releasing.

yes, and why are they releasing this?

olive is lighter. this looks mahogany?
what's Australian Jarrah wood?

But the natural markings of the wood are similar to olive. Could it be stained mahogany? Swear it looks like olive wood. What's Jarrah? I'll look in a minute. Using Siri to text bc I'm driving. Be back in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025