CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The abductor Cody asked the girl to help look for his dog.

Think Cody guy has been completely ruled out. But, I don't discount that an animal scam could have been used in this case, I am just saying there has been no report of an animal luring.

This particular cross gives off a home-made flavor to me. It's so off-set, someone slipped with the blade and finished it regardless.

I doubt an artisan would have been able to command much for such a crooked cross. JMO.

Don't know if I agree....sometimes the crookedness is intentional and part of the charm of the design for people.

well, the etsy artist has many curved and offset crosses from $14-30.

I just find his (etsy artist) so polished. This one does not, to me, seem to have gone through the amount of steps to finish it. Again, my gut only.

This particular cross gives off a home-made flavor to me. It's so off-set, someone slipped with the blade and finished it regardless.

I doubt an artisan would have been able to command much for such a crooked cross. JMO.

It's like a practice cross.

I suppose all artisans have to start somewhere.

Maybe it's a first attempt.

:cow:

yes, and why are they releasing this?

I am thinking tha they hope someone will remember this either hanging around someones neck? Or anything else that will come to mind.
What do you think absentia?

I've seen dozens of crosses like this one; the thing is, that someone who had one no longer does, and the public needs to wrack their brains if they ever saw anyone with a cross like one.It's not that the cross is all that unique, IMO, as much as that the person would no longer have it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/105007424/mens-jewelry-rustic-hand-carved-cross

I've never seen a curved/offset cross.

this artist makes many, many with 3 etched lines

when I looks at his shop my stomach tightens and churns.

That etsy shop has lovely items. Don't know why that shop would make your stomach tighten and churn. The craftsperson on etsy <modsnip> lives in the Portland, OR area. Her profile says her husband makes the wood carvings. Their crosses are different than the one the police recovered. Wood crosses as necklaces are not uncommon.

I think this seller from etsy will have the FBI on her doorstep in 3, 2, 1...

:what:

Think Cody guy has been completely ruled out. But, I don't discount that an animal scam could have been used in this case, I am just saying there has been no report of an animal luring.

I know there has not been any reports of animal luring associated. Was thinking that the other poster might be remembering the Cody abductor.

I'm sorry, but what is a head shop?

You must be young...lol

Do they still even have head shops?

A head shop is a store that sellls drug items, pipes, papers, insense, jewelry etc.

Important to remember while looking up cross information:
While looking up possible crosses that match please do not post names or personal information of any sellers, etc.. Thank you peeps.

Hi All, I have been trying to read here everyday and have only posted once in the beginning. I am wondering if the three lines that are etched in the cross have any significance...such as how man victims or attempts that were made.
Also, I would imagine this cross would have dna. I wear a cross and constantly fiddle with it with my hands and fingers. I don't know if a man would do the same.
Just throwing in my thoughts on the cross and yes that particular cross gives me the creeps.

I'd add the following:
In at least one image, the reverse side of the cross has three more lines etched in that form two open triangles (kinda looks like a crude reverse (?) "z". I don't think that ended up there as part of the design or by accident. Further, the etchings of the three lines appear to match the etchings that form the "z" shape I'm talking about in depth and possibly by "blade" or whatever tool was used to etch it in (hope that made sense).

Wow - took the afternoon off to clean my house and new lead! I hope this will be what helps them break this case and get that monster off the street. Personally, I think the three marks were put on the cross when it was made. If owner added the slashes, it would remove the stain/clearcoat over the slashes. JMO

I think this seller from etsy will have the FBI on her doorstep in 3, 2, 1...

:what:

Not trying to argue, but these crosses are very common and sold practically everywhere online, etsy, ebay, fairs, craft shows, flea markets, etc, and could just as easily have been a homemade version or something old that was found by the perp.
Someone suggested thinking about a person who used to wear one and no longer does. Good idea.

And pertaining to your geographical question...Colorado and Oregon are a l-o-n-g way apart and while they may have some similarities, they really aren't something a person in the US would match up as being "this thing is like that thing". Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member