CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I'm starting to lose patience. Of course I've seen the fleeping first report. But yesterday in the press release that accompanied the photos of the cross, they have apparently decided that they need to broaden the description.

You're right carbuff and that very thing has been posted here
all evening.

I agree too... its not something you would put on a chain.. its usually worn with a leather string or some sort of string. IMO

A silk cord most likely wouldn't leave marks, unless it was knotted so tightly it dug into the edges. Maybe some that could be detected on close obsesrvation, but nothing noticeable in a photo.

But on the other hand, if it was never worn -- does that mean he bought it just for the occasion, so to speak?

:floorlaugh: If you didn't do this on purpose, pretend you did! Perfect timing.

Oh Lord I do not see her. <looks around> ekk Is it me? I swear I'm not drunk just under the influence of cold medicine. :)

Oh Lord I do not see her. <looks around> ekk Is it me? I swear I'm not drunk just under the influence of cold medicine. :)

I think I'm just going to head off to bed now and try not to think about it :D

Kensington Park???

KetnerPark.jpg

Trying to say I am freaked out living here right now, that is all.

yah me too. I move here and all of a sudden it's child abduction attempt central. I'm like, great - so glad we moved here.

I never stated first time as a perpetrator. The conversation was in reference to being dismembered. Someone said it couldn't have been his first time. I merely said everyone has a "first", because you cannot start at the "second".

It may have been the first time he dismembered a child, but I doubt that this is the first time he has murdered and gotten away with it.

There were searches happening up until very recently and definitely after her body or part of it was found. What else might they be looking for if all of her body parts were found? Not sarcastic-I am genuinely curious. Other evidence? Is something else missing like clothing?

I hadn't heard about continuing searches ... are continuing searches still in the news?

I may be alone on this, but I still don't feel like this guy is panicked at all. I don't think he was during the crime nor do I think he is now. I don't think the cross was left there on accident either. Very very rarely do I give these sickos a lot of credit, generally everyone around me is reading into every little thing and I just don't see it, they're just generally not that organized or smart, usually fueled my compulsion. Quite the opposite in this case. I think this guy is trying to be on a level with some of the most organized Serials we have had. MOO

It'd be interesting to see if they could ID which Bolder Boulder shirt it was, narrowing down a year's race.

Then again, my dad did it once when he was out there with work colleagues one year and I ended up having the t-shirt for awhile, which I initially used as a workout shirt and then for a sleep shirt...and I've never done the race, heck, I've not even been in Boulder since I was about 6!

So even if they ID'd the year of the shirt, narrowing the possible registrants, it could be something from a spouse, a friend, heck, even a thrift shop!

Wearing something that he'd not participated in could be a great ruse to look more like he belonged on the trails and not stand out and yet also deflect attention if someone tried to ID him.

Then again, he could have just been thoughtless and actually wore his own shirt, thus really be a great sleuthing tool!

Get the photos..and pics of races...guys with green shoes...see what comes up..certainly worth a shot. My guess if the guys a runner, its his shirt.

I don't really understand all the speculation about whether the cross was on a string, chain, leather string, etc. has to do with anything. Not being snarky, I just don't get it :(

LE found the cross...they're trying to figure who it may have belonged to. As far as the markings on it, we could speculate what it means...but again the real clincher here is who it belonged to or if anyone recognizes it as belonging to someone, right? Even if we figured out exactly what it hung on, what the etchings mean or even whether it was left behind on purpose or accidentally....that info wouldn't necessarily lead us to the person who last had it. MOO

It may have been the first time he dismembered a child, but I doubt that this is the first time he has murdered and gotten away with it.

Thats fine...because I didn't say anything about that. IMO he has prior acts. Maybe murder, maybe not.

Why would a 'satanist' not leave a satanic icon instead of a Christian one? Where does the satanism thing come from?

I understand anything is technically "possible" but I have to wonder if there is value in getting lots of rumors started based on basically nothing.

I think it comes from the vertical lines on the cross... Not sure..

You guys are conflating 2 events and cross-posting and confusing each other.

1. The child who was allegedly being kidnapped tonight, was not being kidnapped or abducted. That child was throwing a tantrum and not wanting to go or leave with the parents. That child was "found" as in "found safe, not abducted."

2. No information about the rest of JR's remains have been released. There have been no official searches conducted (at least, none involving the public). We don't know if whatever was missing from the initial body recovery site has been located or not located. So no, nothing has been "found" that we are aware of in the JR case, aside from that wooden cross.

Yay! Now I know I'm not alone. I had been wondering if anyone else was thinking what I am thinking but didn't want to say it. Did anyone listen to the radio show? I tried but could get it to work.

it would be pretty stupid to register here and go on a radio show if you were the perp, no?

I may be alone on this, but I still don't feel like this guy is panicked at all. I don't think he was during the crime nor do I think he is now. I don't think the cross was left there on accident either. Very very rarely do I give these sickos a lot of credit, generally everyone around me is reading into every little thing and I just don't see it, they're just generally not that organized or smart, usually fueled my compulsion. Quite the opposite in this case. I think this guy is trying to be on a level with some of the most organized Serials we have had. MOO

This. Thank you, Sarx.

I hadn't heard about continuing searches ... are continuing searches still in the news?

There was a discussion about it on here a thread or two back. I am trying to find the link now for you or pray someone else knows exactly where it was. I know that at least I saw continuing searches as a sign that not everything was found, but I guess they could be looking for something else or more evidence?

So is the feeling now that her entire body was found? That is somewhat new to me and must have been buried under all the cross talk.

I don't really understand all the speculation about whether the cross was on a string, chain, leather string, etc. has to do with anything. Not being snarky, I just don't get it :(

LE found the cross...they're trying to figure who it may have belonged to. As far as the markings on it, we could speculate what it means...but again the real clincher here is who it belonged to or if anyone recognizes it as belonging to someone, right? Even if we figured out exactly what it hung on, what the etchings mean or even whether it was left behind on purpose or accidentally....that info wouldn't necessarily lead us to the person who last had it. MOO

I dont get it either but its been an interesting 2 days of it. I still want to know what else the hole would be for?? :floorlaugh:

Intensive searches continued for several days after the "not intact" body was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan