CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the cross was found by the fence? What if LE feel that the perp got this necklace caught in the fence when dumping the body? Maybe that is the deal IDK?

I think the research done by kateinfl is well worth a thought.....and interesting. What I can't tie together, and being one that doesn't know alot about satanism---nor wanting to,... is why would Hebrew markings be on a Christian symbol, and then Satanism collectively with the three vavs? Also, isn't the cross of Satanism one that is upside down? Unless it was crafted by the perp in his twisted thinking and beliefs linking them all? Oh, I so don't want to go there.

Some people are creeped by the discussion of "not intact"....me....it's this. Just {{{{{}}}}} creepy, but necessary.

I looked at that website and it was about Hebrew for christians. they are closely tied, although with their differences.

I think it comes from the vertical lines on the cross... Not sure..

I think it comes from the zig zag on the back. anyone who does what this guy did and then leaves a cross, makes you wonder what the intent was. he sure wasn't being a good christian, so there leaves the other options.

I remembered the report about the jogger because I ride and bike around here, too, and was very startled that someone used chloroform and it was so scary and audacious.
Yes, that was my reaction when I read the story in May too.

Connections to this incident were immediately made in the media after Jessica disappeared.

No, the attempted abduction of this boy was May 10th 2012 at Ketner Lake. Same lake where jogger attempted abduction occurred three weeks later.
No, it didn't. The attempted abduction of the 8-year-old boy took place a mile or two east, either on or near the Big Dry Creek Trail, from what I can tell, in the Westcliff neighborhood. There are some things about the story in the newspaper that don't line up (i.e., there is no creek that runs directly out Ketner Reservoir along a trail, and some stories are reporting that the toy gun was thrown in a lake vs throw in a creek), but all of them reliably talk about the Westcliff neighborhood.

It's a short run from Ketner to the Big Dry Creek trail, and the Westcliff neighborhood is pretty close as well, from a running perspective.

The police have said more than once they are not looking for interpretations of the marks on the cross but want people to concentrate on if they have seen any male in the greater Denver area (probably in the Colorado area) who has ever had this type of item, worn this type of item, or was seen purchasing or possessing this type of item (speaking of the little wooden cross).

The "runner" that grabbed the young boy in the park, was anything mentioned regarding the size of his calves or if they appeared muscular?

What if the cross was found by the fence? What if LE feel that the perp got this necklace caught in the fence when dumping the body? Maybe that is the deal IDK?

Would the answers to those questions tell us who the perp is? If it was found on Jessica's route, next to bp, inside/or outside the fence where remains were found or in a tree.....I don't see any of that really bringing us closer to knowing who the perp is.

Now, if there are pics from public gatherings prior to Jessica's disappearance....looking at those for someone wearing the cross might get us closer to figuring out who he is. Again, MOO.

The "runner" that grabbed the young boy in the park, was anything mentioned regarding the size of his calves or if they appeared muscular?

No they have not said anything about his calves. I doubt the kids even paid much attention to his calves.

If the perp were wearing this particular cross on a necklace or chain of some kind and it dropped off his neck at the body dump site, chances are the chain or necklace or piece of leather (whatever was used to attach it around the neck) would have dropped with it or near it and been located by police.

That does not appear to be what happened. Police didn't say there was any kind of chain or leather with this cross. There isn't any wear pattern around the holes to indicate how this item was worn (if it was worn).

The item could have been in a pocket and fallen out. Or he could have placed it on purpose. We don't know and we won't know until information about exactly where the item was found is disclosed, which will be during a trial.

Would the answers to those questions tell us who the perp is? If it was found on Jessica's route, next to bp, inside/or outside the fence where remains were found or in a tree.....I don't see any of that really bringing us closer to knowing who the perp is.

Now, if there are pics from public gatherings prior to Jessica's disappearance....looking at those for someone wearing the cross might get us closer to figuring out who he is. Again, MOO.

Only that it maybe was not purposely left their and was accidentally left because it got caught in the fence, therefore a big clue to who the person is..especially if they wore this as a necklace..and now they no longer have it.

I looked at that website and it was about Hebrew for christians. they are closely tied, although with their differences.

This did occur during Hebrew holidays.
Don't all (body) parts have to be buried in Hebrew faith?

I think this I individual may be trying to make this about them, their past. Trying to link some religious significance to it. They think they are an integral part to a sacred plan.
They do not see themselves as we do.

Well I can certainly say without a doubt that I do not know anyone that owns a cross like that.........
With that I will say goodnight to all my WS friends, long day tomorrow, prayers..........

The necklace/leather or what ever could have slipped down the perps shirt/coat..but the cross fell off.. The perp would most likely not notice till later.

------------

Very good thinking. Also, wonder if investigators found clothing fibers on the fence?

Someone mentioned Somer Thompson's case as one where there wasn't an arrest right away in a (non-family) child murder. It took 5 months. Was there the same sense of fear and caution in Somer's community? Or less so, because some people thought the mom was involved?

Only that it maybe was not purposely left their and was accidentally left because it got caught in the fence, therefore a big clue to who the person is..especially if they wore this as a necklace..and now they no longer have it.[/QUOTE

If someone wore it, LE is trying to find out who that person is. If it was left on purpose or not, it's still possible whoever had it may have worn it at one time or people that the perp is acquainted with may know of him owning it. So to me the bottom line is do we know of anyone that ever wore or owned this cross?

If the perp were wearing this particular cross on a necklace or chain of some kind and it dropped off his neck at the body dump site, chances are the chain or necklace or piece of leather (whatever was used to attach it around the neck) would have dropped with it or near it and been located by police.

That does not appear to be what happened. Police didn't say there was any kind of chain or leather with this cross. There isn't any wear pattern around the holes to indicate how this item was worn (if it was worn).

The item could have been in a pocket and fallen out. Or he could have placed it on purpose. We don't know and we won't know until information about exactly where the item was found is disclosed, which will be during a trial.

True Im also keeping it in the back of my mind that it may have been on something but the police are not giving everything up about this piece right now. Might weed out some of the tips. Ruling out the tips of the people who do not wear or carry it a certain way.

No they have not said anything about his calves. I doubt the kids even paid much attention to his calves.

Do we know if he has light, medium or dark brown hair?
Is there an approximate weight?
Tyia

You guys are conflating 2 events and cross-posting and confusing each other.

1. The child who was allegedly being kidnapped tonight, was not being kidnapped or abducted. That child was throwing a tantrum and not wanting to go or leave with the parents. That child was "found" as in "found safe, not abducted."

2. No information about the rest of JR's remains have been released. There have been no official searches conducted (at least, none involving the public). We don't know if whatever was missing from the initial body recovery site has been located or not located. So no, nothing has been "found" that we are aware of in the JR case, aside from that wooden cross.

There is nothing to suggest that part of Jessica is missing. Her body has been found, but it is not intact. There were additional searches in the area where her body was found ... most likely because police were looking for evidence.

"A body found in a suburban Denver park was identified Friday as that of a missing 10-year-old girl, as anxious parents kept close watch over their children because of a potential predator in their midst, authorities said."

"The body of Jessica Ridgeway was found Wednesday "

"Authorities said it was not intact, but they did not explain further."

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1270968--missing-colorado-girl-s-body-discovered-police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan