CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this cross and when I looked at it without really thinking about it I realized that due to it's thickness and the smoothness of it, it reminds me a child's wooden block. Do you think it could be a block in some sort of Christian toy set?

It just really reminds me of one now lol.

The Ketner Lake perp approached his victim from behind, and then ran away after she fought him off...I doubt she got a good enough look at his face to create a composite. It's entirely possible that she never even saw it.

Let's hope now he is NOT some loner freak who kept this cross hidden away in his pocket, and that no one ever saw it...

I was thinking that too. Or what if he made more than one to use as his "calling card". Who knows with this guy. And his sharp tools.

The Ketner Lake perp approached his victim from behind, and then ran away after she fought him off...I doubt she got a good enough look at his face to create a composite. It's entirely possible that she never even saw it.

Bummer, and you're probably right.

She was found 10-10-2012

Just trying to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly. She was found on the 10th and the picture data says the cross was photographed on the 11th? Correct? I don't have a clue about how crime scenes are photographed, but would this lean towards the idea the cross was not left with the body? Maybe at the scene where the body was found (or near there), but not actually with the body? Or did LE take additional photos of this the next day as part of documenting each piece of evidence separately? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to understand what to make of this information.

Trevor says
"who may have had one, who may have given one to friends or family in the past, where they may be purchased"
looking for tips on the marks, shapes & size of this particular cross.
"we're working to determine if there is a connection with the Ketner lake and how this cross may be tied into that investigation"
"focus on the cross WITH consideration of that suspect description we provided yesterday"
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/7861471-ridgeway-wooden-cross/

Are there crafts like this in prison? Not saying he was the prisoner, but maybe somebody gave it to him? Looks very homemade but done with proper tools

Just trying to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly. She was found on the 10th and the picture data says the cross was photographed on the 11th? Correct? I don't have a clue about how crime scenes are photographed, but would this lean towards the idea the cross was not left with the body? Maybe at the scene where the body was found (or near there), but not actually with the body? Or did LE take additional photos of this the next day as part of documenting each piece of evidence separately? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to understand what to make of this information.

She was found at night, and somebody said they thought the time stamp on the pic was about 6am. So it was photographed as soon as the people got there in the morning, I assume

Are there crafts like this in prison? Not saying he was the prisoner, but maybe somebody gave it to him? Looks very homemade but done with proper tools

Someone in the previous thread mentioned prisoner crafts with a link and wondered if this guy had been in prison before.

I just asked someone "in the know" about this and he said, "oh sure, that could be made in prison, they have a full wood shop. They are allowed to make crafts to exchange for food, etc as a bartering system." I showed him the cross and he laughed and said, "yeah, I could see something like that getting made. It's crude, but they'd have all the tools." He said the guy could have even made it for himself.

They would have taken photos on sight and later in their lab. The ones from the lab would be the ones we are allowed to view. MOO

If anyone out there has suspicions about someone they know being the perp, this could be just what they need to finally come forward.

Can someone help me. I am trying to locate the picture of the overhead shot of jessica home and the distance to the park. I seen it earlier in the week but can't seem to find the pic or post. It had a point A and point B from her home to the park. Can anyone help me?

Let's hope now he is NOT some loner freak who kept this cross hidden away in his pocket, and that no one ever saw it...

Even if that is the case though, they can still track down where it was sold, and in turn who it was sold to.

I think an arrest in this case is imminent. I really do. :please:

Can someone help me. I am trying to locate the picture of the overhead shot of jessica home and the distance to the park. I seen it earlier in the week but can't seem to find the pic or post. It had a point A and point B from her home to the park. Can anyone help me?

Page 1 of this thread has our case map.

She was found at night, and somebody said they thought the time stamp on the pic was about 6am. So it was photographed as soon as the people got there in the morning, I assume

I thought I had read she was found in the afternoon (I'll have to go back and find this in one of the last threads unless someone can help me out, but I thought the time was 2:50 pm or there abouts?). I feel like I'm going in circles in my head because my thoughts seem to be contradicting each other. I mean obviously LE would not release photos taken at the crime scene...I feel like an idiot asking that question in my previous post.

Correct, and he tried putting a chemical smelling rag over her face (again another reason I wondered if it was that Ari guy)

I thought I had read she was found in the afternoon (I'll have to go back and find this in one of the last threads unless someone can help me out, but I thought the time was 2:50 pm or there abouts?). I feel like I'm going in circles in my head because my thoughts seem to be contradicting each other. I mean obviously LE would not release photos taken at the crime scene...I feel like an idiot asking that question in my previous post.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
This afternoon a body was discovered near the Pattridge Park Open Space in the City of Arvada. ...more... #jessicaridgeway
6:41 PM - 10 Oct 12 · Details

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members