CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I think the biggest news today is that LE is trying to link Jessica's case with an earlier case on a 22-year-old jogger. This is looking less likely a Pedophile case and more a case of someone who gets off on the killing instead. In fact, I am not even sure if it has been confirmed that there was a sexual assaulted committed at all. The cross could be some type of calling card for this killer too .. Has there been any similar crimes in other states? I highly doubt this was his 1st killing. I also noticed that he has no concern for being seen. Jessica was abducted while going to school and the jogger was attacked in the afternoon. I would think that someone must have seen something.

Hopefully, they have DNA and will catch this guy before he attempts another abduction.

I thought I had read she was found in the afternoon (I'll have to go back and find this in one of the last threads unless someone can help me out, but I thought the time was 2:50 pm or there abouts?). I feel like I'm going in circles in my head because my thoughts seem to be contradicting each other. I mean obviously LE would not release photos taken at the crime scene...I feel like an idiot asking that question in my previous post.

Even so (and I think you're right, it was probably mid afternoon...no waste disposal guys are going to be out there near dark, if their schedules are anything like I remember the guys in Commerce City, they're done around 3-4pm), a little 1.5 inch wooden cross might not reveal itself in the tall grass right away, and might not have been seen until later.

Has the Holy Trinity been discussed? The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? = three lines?

Just trying to think around this thing

-0600 is Denver's time from Greenwich mean time (GMT). No deduction. It was taken 11:51:49 am Denver time.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/colorado/denver/time-denver/

OK, I see what you mean. I know about GMT but wasn't sure about the way it was shown. Anyway, thanks, and we certainly know it was the morning after Jessica was found.

ETA: I added to my original post to note that the time displayed is local time, and the -600 only refers to the GMT offset.

Can someone help me. I am trying to locate the picture of the overhead shot of jessica home and the distance to the park. I seen it earlier in the week but can't seem to find the pic or post. It had a point A and point B from her home to the park. Can anyone help me?

I posted this overhead shot earlier in the week. A = Jessica's home. B = Chelsea park.

9qfqrt.jpg

Has the Holy Trinity been discussed? The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? = three lines?

Yes, mentioned on the last thread. It could also possibly be a representation of Christ crucified between the two thieves - Dismas and Gestas (their traditional names).

Even if that is the case though, they can still track down where it was sold, and in turn who it was sold to.

I think an arrest in this case is imminent. I really do. :please:

Not if it was handmade. I think it is more likely to be a tip from the public, if he is identified from this cross.

Even so (and I think you're right, it was probably mid afternoon...no waste disposal guys are going to be out there near dark, if their schedules are anything like I remember the guys in Commerce City, they're done around 3-4pm), a little 1.5 inch wooden cross might not reveal itself in the tall grass right away, and might not have been seen until later.

I think this is more of what I was thinking originally when I first posted all my ridiculous questions (well, I know at least some of them were!). That it was photographed not too long after recovering her body. I would think if it was found in her backpack the photo data would be any date/time before they recovered her body. LE would have taken photos of every single content of her backpack as evidence soon after bringing it in, correct? So, continuing along this thought process, I am deducing that the cross was not an item found in her backpack.

Please, anyone, help set me straight on this...my head is just spinning right now!

Yes, mentioned on the last thread. It could also possibly be a representation of Christ crucified between the two thieves - Dismas and Gestas (their traditional names).

Thanks! I missed the last thread all together and catching up is a lot of work!

It has been discussed, but I think this case and the cross warrant further discussion (if anything, it could help with profiling and motive). JMO

It's taken quite a while to catch up today.

I wanted to bring this over from the previous thread, posted by Jax49:

"CBS4 has learned that for two days this week, police investigators working on the Jessica Ridgeway murder case thought they might have their man. They were heavily focused on Ari Misha Liggett as the likely suspect, but DNA testing has now cleared Liggett of involvement in the disappearance and death of the 10-year-old girl."

This answers the 'do they have DNA' question.

I guess we don't need to be looking so hard at RSO's, right? Their DNA would be in the system, and LE would be able to make a match.

Also, I would assume if the perp had ever been in prison, his DNA would be on file as well.

Which indicates to me that the perp in Jessica's murder is not an RSO and has never been incarcerated.

Am I interpreting this info correctly?

I think you are correct overall but missing one possibility: that the perp has been in prison in some other state which has a backlog on posting DNA from their convicts.

I think this is more of what I was thinking originally when I first posted all my ridiculous questions (well, I know at least some of them were!). That it was photographed not too long after recovering her body. I would think if it was found in her backpack the photo data would be any date/time before they recovered her body. LE would have taken photos of every single content of her backpack as evidence soon after bringing it in, correct? So, continuing along this thought process, I am deducing that the cross was not an item found in her backpack.

Please, anyone, help set me straight on this...my head is just spinning right now!

Correct, I think that is very true.

Do they take the photos in a crime scene mobile unit or do they take them back to the station and take them there?

Yes, that is the time I get, too. It's small, it's dark, it would be easily missed if it fell. Or it could have been placed. But I agree, logic says it was with the body or at that site.

Why wait so long to release the information? What could be gained?

What good be gained? Always a good question. I think they thought they had the guy, so they didn't need to. Now, a whole lot of time has gone by... This is always such a tough one, cuz when it works out then everyone says "oh, LE did such a great job and they were so smart to play it close to the vest", but it's a gamble, cuz if it doesn't go that way then they've lost precious time and one always has to wonder if things would be different if they had released more earlier.

I thought I had read she was found in the afternoon (I'll have to go back and find this in one of the last threads unless someone can help me out, but I thought the time was 2:50 pm or there abouts?). I feel like I'm going in circles in my head because my thoughts seem to be contradicting each other. I mean obviously LE would not release photos taken at the crime scene...I feel like an idiot asking that question in my previous post.

They collected some evidence the afternoon and evening Jessica's remains were found, and preserved the site and were back at daylight to continue searching and collecting evidence. So if that is indeed where the cross came from, could have been collected on the 10th or on the morning of the 11th.

Or even days earlier. All we know is they took lab photos of that cross after 11am on the 11th.

IMO, not a huge leap to think it was found on or near her body. If in extreme proximity to, darn tootin it's a big chunk of evidence and worth releasing photos in hopes that somebody will recognize who it belongs to.

They collected some evidence the afternoon and evening Jessica's remains were found, and preserved the site and were back at daylight to continue searching and collecting evidence. So if that is indeed where the cross came from, could have been collected on the 10th or on the morning of the 11th.

Or even days earlier. All we know is they took lab photos of that cross after 11am on the 11th.

IMO, not a huge leap to think it was found on or near her body. If in extreme proximity to, darn tootin it's a big chunk of evidence and worth releasing photos in hopes that somebody will recognize who it belongs to.
Or hope that seeing it will freak out the perp, causing him to act weird and making people around him suspicious.

They may have waited so long because THEY were trying to figure it out themselves. And honestly, in that case, it would be better for them to keep hush, especially if they were feeling good that it could lead to the perp.

But you figure they not only had the same internet we do to search, they have full on experts to call in to examine it in person, to help them try to figure out it's history, style, etc. And it sounds like they came up empty handed. To be honest, we don't stand much of a chance finding it online ourselves. Their plea was not for people to tell them where they sell it, but for people to think hard if they've ever seen anyone WITH it.

I sure wish I could help answer that one!

I am so excited about this news, the cross should be recognizable by someone(s) close to him. Such huge news and so glad they have released it. Just throwing out my disorganized thoughts over why this cross could have been found:

Is he taunting?
Did Jessica hide it before she was murdered?
If it fell off, where is the chain or leather strand? How did it fall off, going over or under the barb-wire fence? Personally, I think he through the remains over the fence.

I don't feel there is religious connection.
Previous victim may have ID it or may have been hers & LE still had to ask Jessica’s parents to rule out she had one too.

I believe they think there is a strong connection as it was only a day or two and they were asking the public's help to remember the park on Memorial Day and released a description and it is obvious they had this cross all along.

YAY about DNA confirmation!!!! Which bring up more questions of....and if he accidentally lost the cross...imagine that could actually be his undoing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman