DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2alicia
Someone on the WPD facebook page said it looks like a
"Tau Cross Rosary Ring"

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

Amazon.com: PLC Mens Womens 2 1/4" Brown Wood Bead Tau Cross Cord Finger Rosary Ring: Jewelry

Carbuff:

"Yes, that looks very similar to the ones the guys around here call pocket rosaries. You slip them over your finger so you can count the beads and pray while you're walking or sitting, without being overly conspicuous."

And the size of the cross seems to fit--one inch by one and a half inches.

I never heard of this kind of rosary. Who would use it? Does the Catholic church have different sects? or associates who help out, who are not really priests? Or are they available anywhere rosaries are sold?

I'm not really thinking that the perp was really religious at some point... maybe he used the cross/rosary as a keychain, or took it from a relative, etc. Maybe it was ripped apart during the abduction and only the cross was found?

Just thinking and brainstorming out loud. :)

if it's a rosary cross are the gouges from praying, nervously?

Ok, I think I am officially losing my mind, but this is driving me nuts.

I swear, the cross with the marks on it, I've seen or read about it before. A movie, a book, a tv series, another case, something? Anyone, does it ring a bell to anyone else? At this point I'm not sure if it's from something real or fictional, but it is absolutely driving me nuts. I've been looking for the last hour, but every key word search I come up with all brings me to Jessica's case.
I've had the very same feelings about the cross from the first time I saw it, but the size seems to small, I think i've seen it larger and it is driving me nuts because I feel like I "just" saw it. I hope it comes to me because I don't think any amount of web searching will give me the answer.

Finally ..... runs in and plops down in the reply box like an old hound after a 3 mile run. Whew, caught up. Many Thank Yous for posts, pics and links. PIO seemed to really stress the markings on the back and front of the cross as to indicate they have some meaning. They seem confident this is big and want/need to connect the final couple dots. I get the impression the cross was found at the site of the JR's body. The wood does have the little "insect marks" somewhat like wormwood but not as pronounced.
I believe LE is getting very close.

Harry Potter had almost an "N" on his forehead. The mark on the back of the cross is opposite that mark (sort of).

tumblr_lotl2kGCj51qdoy52o1_400.jpg

I'm sure if the FBI is releasing this as evidence in her case, then it is, but we need to remember that this was a place with a lot of activity before this happened. It could be some teen who went up there the weekend before to hang out.

It might not have been with Jessica's body . It could have been on the floorboard in the car he used to take her to the location he left her body and it have gotten knocked out of the car at the spot he removed her body.

A broken whatever on the floorboard on a truck or car kicked out as he hurried to remove Jessica's body from the car. So LE needs to know what the rest of it looks like.

The photos were taken last Friday 10/11, the day LE said the body was Jessica. I think it was found with her body.

Body found 10-10-2012 (Wed.)
Body ID 10-12-2012 (Friday)

they found her the 10th but the 11th makes sense for processing of any items found on the 10th

Wouldn't the cross either 1) have to have the killers DNA on it; or 2) be connected between the May abduction and Jessica?

If they just found a cross w Jessica or backpack, they would not know whether it was Jessica's. perhaps her mother did not know she had a cross. It looks cheap, maybe she picked it up on the ground somewhere and put it in her pack.

So the police have something to indicate that the above is not true. Either the killers DNA is on cross or there is some connection bw cross and other attempt.

If latter, what could the connection be? One could say well maybe the cross was owned by the May women. But LE is looking for places that sell the cross so that cannot be it,

Some are saying maybe the May victim saw the cross. That seems far-fetched, the cross is not that big and if you were being attacked would you be able to say the man had a cross? Would you notice that if you were attacked? Even if you did notice, you would say well the attacker had a cross, but so do thousands of people. I doubt the May victim would be able to definitely identify THAT SPECIFIC cross.

Could it be that May victim grabbed the cross in the attack so HER DNA is on it? And that links the two?

If cross is just linked w Jessica and has killers DNA on it, why wait for 2 weeks to let public know about the cross? If killer left it to stage the scene would they have released that before? Or maybe they withheld it hoping they would get confession and when no one cane they released cross info.

Body found 10-10-2012 (Wed.)
Body ID 10-12-2012 (Friday)

Thank you.

Date Time Original 2012-10-11T11:51:49-06:00

If I read the time stamp right, the photo was taken at 5:51 AM on 10-11, the morning after they found her body. Which leads me to think it was found at the body recovery sight.

ETA: Another poster corrected me and noted that this display does not show GMT but instead simply notes the GMT offset. So it appears 11:51 am local time is correct.

The photo was taken late morning (instead of early morning) the day after Jessica was found.

OT for those who are covering JR and are following Whitney Heichel, she's been found deceased and they have a suspect.

hopefully a local craftsman can tell us they made it and what it belongs with. To me it's something you buy at a fair type of thing with local artists and booths.

It's taken quite a while to catch up today.

I wanted to bring this over from the previous thread, posted by Jax49:

"CBS4 has learned that for two days this week, police investigators working on the Jessica Ridgeway murder case thought they might have their man. They were heavily focused on Ari Misha Liggett as the likely suspect, but DNA testing has now cleared Liggett of involvement in the disappearance and death of the 10-year-old girl."

This answers the 'do they have DNA' question.

I guess we don't need to be looking so hard at RSO's, right? Their DNA would be in the system, and LE would be able to make a match.

Also, I would assume if the perp had ever been in prison, his DNA would be on file as well.

Which indicates to me that the perp in Jessica's murder is not an RSO and has never been incarcerated.

Am I interpreting this info correctly?

Harry Potter had almost an "N" on his forehead. The mark on the back of the cross is opposite that mark (sort of).

tumblr_lotl2kGCj51qdoy52o1_400.jpg

I can't make out the zigzag on the back. It looks the the shape of the map markings (only backwards) of Jessica's case - bp found, abduction and body found - forming a wide sideways V.
Btw just linked to Dr. Know's post for no particular reason - just discussing markings on the back of the cross that look less than a lightning bolt or zigzag to me.

OK so the news said something about the cross but not much about where it was found, and then they said the CROSS might also be linked to the lake attempted abduction. So I don't get how the cross could be linked to both? Unless the woman who gave the description says she saw it on the guy, but that was never reported?

I am blown away by this cross. I wonder too if it was really in the backpack

ETA: I think perhaps the reporter saying that the cross was linked was a mistake and she just went with it
OK, now re-reading that article- I don't think they are saying the cross itself is tied to the Ketner Lake crime scene. They probably have found other evidence that conclusively links the two cases together. So they are combining the suspect description at Ketner Lake and the cross found (presumably) at one of the JR crime scenes to create a composite of the UID'd suspect.

With the exif data showing the date that Jessica's body was found, I am guessing it was found with her remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87