CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article about open area searches (today, so they may have been talking about this one) and whoever it was said that it is a massive job to be thorough when your crime scene is outside.

The article said that even a bent blade of grass has to be checked in case it hides a footprint or tyre print.

It could be that in processing the scene, they have found just such a clue, just waiting there for someone to look under the right blade of grass.

I cannot fathom the vast area they had to cover. My word, I have had to look for something in the grass I have just dropped and it is almost impossible. I hope it is good evidence. jmo

Off Topic....
Could someone give he a quick lesson on posting pictures in the "Post Quick Reply" message area...Do I open the "Insert Image" icon and them C/P from my pic file??

Thanks loads..

Dear God Please Bless Jessica's Family & Friends and help LE find the Person who Killed Her!

Back when we were looking to see a possible connection with Speer to Jessica's cases before LE ruled him out completely I looked a bit. I can say at least one photographer who I have been eyeing was friends with Speer, the guy who took those pics and the guy who commented on the pictures. I have only been eyeing him now to see if he would shed any light on Speer as a person but he has said nothing at least public.

Seems like many of the photographers in that area are "friends". Im sure we can find a connection to almost all the photographers in that area if we really wanted to. So I would not put to much weight on the fact that they all may know each other.

I don't see HOW they "ruled him out completely" so quickly.

Even if they have someone elses DNA, it does not mean that no one else was involved.

Even if JS was proven to be in another state at the time, it still doesn't rule out his involvement, especially if there is suspicion of more than one perp.

:cow:

I read an article about open area searches (today, so they may have been talking about this one) and whoever it was said that it is a massive job to be thorough when your crime scene is outside.

The article said that even a bent blade of grass has to be checked in case it hides a footprint or tyre print.

It could be that in processing the scene, they have found just such a clue, just waiting there for someone to look under the right blade of grass.
That is this one that I posted on the last page. It is a good read.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2181953...ok-beyond-open

"In an abundance of caution, anything searchers came across was documented and collected like evidence, which is part of the reason high winds that re-littered the search sites became so problematic.

By Thursday afternoon, the trash collecting in the corners of windbreak fences throughout Pattridge Park, east of a landfill, was nearly knee high."

Good point clu.

The animal control person may have just ripped the bag open to see what was inside.

I doubt this.

Animal control people are used to dealing with really disgusting remains of dead animals. If there is a dead animal that is already wrapped in a handy container, they are not going to just rip that bag open. They'll open it only as far as they absolutely have to in order to make sure it's really a dead animal. If it is, they want that bag to be in a carry-able condition so they don't have to deal with the dead animal's body more than necessary.

They develop strong stomachs but they still use their brains to avoid any more exposure than absolutely necessary.

I believe the cross found is made of Australian Bloodwood.

Think about it!

I know who my eye is on!

This is another reason I'm not too shocked about the lack of witnesses once she left the house.

Who exactly was Jessica supposed to meet at 8:35 a.m. on Friday at the park (her usual meeting place to meet this friend/cousin to walk to school).

This is the most confusing information regarding the morning Jessica was last seen.

It was reported early on that a boy told LE that he saw Jessica at school but wasn't sure if he saw her walk into the school. It's unclear who this boy is.

Then, a father of a boy told LE that he ended up driving his son to school because Jessica never showed up at the park in time to walk to school with him. The boy must have told LE that happened on Friday because the dad corrected the information by telling LE that had happened on Thursday and the boy, age 10, was confused about the day due to his young age. Therefore, Jessica didn't show up to walk with her friend on Thursday. Yet Jessica was in school on Thursday so did she walk alone? Did she arrive to school on time? This leads to the question, what did the boy who was supposed to meet and walk with Jessica on Friday, do that day when she didn't show up on time? Sarah claims Jessica had called the friend to verify that they'd be walking to school together.

So who was Jessica supposed to be meeting at the park to walk to school with on Friday? The same kid? The same one she was supposed to meet every day as per a prior agreement with a specific person (to avoid paying bus fees).

Her mother said that Jessica had arranged to walk to school every day with the same person. Sarah mentioned that they often walked home with a larger group of kids.

We also know that some man/father received a phone call (from a blocked number) at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning that supposedly had something to do with Jessica calling. That man's same phone number was called from Jessica's landline phone at 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon.

How can these calls be reconciled? What do they mean? Could the boy be the witness LE refers too? Because, otherwise, they have not been specific at all (neighbor, child friend, passerby) who claims to have seen Jessica on her way to school after she exited her house.

There was an early supposed sighting of Jessica near the Rec Center (which is out of her way) but I don't believe that was confirmed to be true. It involved her purple pillow pet that was located in her home Friday afternoon when LE responded to the 911 call. That's why the officer told the other officer via scanner that Jessica would have had to have returned home for someone to have witnessed her walking nearby the Rec Center with her pillow pet. Her pillow pet was in her home when police got there Friday afternoon.

What is the explanation regarding the phone calls made to the same house, the earliest from a blocked number or possibly Sarah's cell phone, on Friday morning. Since the weather had turned, the calls in and of themselves aren't suspicious to check to see if the normal walking partner was still planning to walk - Sarah said the friend said 'yes'.
What did the boy do on Friday when Jessica didn't show up at the park on time to walk to school with him?

It's not easy to forget or to unhear this confusing information.:twocents:

ALERT - WRONG INFO CONTAINED IN THIS POST ~ J's friend told LE that he and Jessica walked to school on Friday together. Later the friend's dad told LE that his son was mixed up and that he and J had walked together on Thursday; the dad drove his son to school on Friday as Jessica didn't show up by 8:40 a.m. I'm sorry that I mixed up who said what to LE about the modes of transportation used and on what day the dad said he drove his son to school.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article/29...een?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Parents remain vigilant as Halloween approaches

KUSA - On Sunday, parents took their young children to a "stranger danger" class - and then to a daytime Halloween event across town.

At Colorado Krav Maga Sunday morning, instructor Shannon Hiromasa stood in front of a group of children as she gave them tips on being safe around strangers.
The children sat cross-legged as parents lined the walls.
Lisa Lawson took her 10-year-old daughter to the class.

Jessica Ridgeway was also 10.

"It's really scary," Lawson said. "I used to feel safe sending my kids around the block. Now, I don't."

My facebook with Coloradans is blowing up about another attempted abduction. Does anyone have a link? So far, it's friends of friends, but I am looking for a reputable site. The woman got away, but she was young. Where are our scanner friends? surely they would have heard something.

I doubt this.

Animal control people are used to dealing with really disgusting remains of dead animals. If there is a dead animal that is already wrapped in a handy container, they are not going to just rip that bag open. They'll open it only as far as they absolutely have to in order to make sure it's really a dead animal. If it is, they want that bag to be in a carry-able condition so they don't have to deal with the dead animal's body more than necessary.

They develop strong stomachs but they still use their brains to avoid any more exposure than absolutely necessary.
That would be true. I do wonder if it could be possible that IF there was a bag, the bag was not sealed or closed. Anybody else here go to pick up a bag, thinking it is closed and it is angled just enough that part of the contents spill out? I've dropped a few dead rats that way (I sometimes have to pick up several when the neighbors have had an exterminator by)...finally learned to just seal each one in their own bag. Picking them up once is bad enough...

My facebook with Coloradans is blowing up about another attempted abduction. Does anyone have a link? So far, it's friends of friends, but I am looking for a reputable site. The woman got away, but she was young. Where are our scanner friends? surely they would have heard something.

Are you certain it was this evening? It sounds very familiar like something I may have heard last night instead.

Who exactly was Jessica supposed to meet at 8:35 a.m. on Friday at the park (her usual meeting place to meet this friend/cousin to walk to school).

This is the most confusing information regarding the morning Jessica was last seen.

It was reported early on that a boy told LE that he saw Jessica at school but wasn't sure if he saw her walk into the school. It's unclear who this boy is.

Then, a father of a boy told LE that he ended up driving his son to school because Jessica never showed up at the park in time to walk to school with him. The boy must have told LE that happened on Friday because the dad corrected the information by telling LE that had happened on Thursday and the boy, age 10, was confused about the day due to his young age. Therefore, Jessica didn't show up to walk with her friend on Thursday. Yet Jessica was in school on Thursday so did she walk alone? Did she arrive to school on time? This leads to the question, what did the boy who was supposed to meet and walk with Jessica on Friday, do that day when she didn't show up on time? Sarah claims Jessica had called the friend to verify that they'd be walking to school together.

So who was Jessica supposed to be meeting at the park to walk to school with on Friday? The same kid? The same one she was supposed to meet every day as per a prior agreement with a specific person (to avoid paying bus fees).

Her mother said that Jessica had arranged to walk to school every day with the same person. Sarah mentioned that they often walked home with a larger group of kids.

We also know that some man/father received a phone call (from a blocked number) at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning that supposedly had something to do with Jessica calling. That man's same phone number was called from Jessica's landline phone at 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon.

How can these calls be reconciled? What do they mean? Could the boy be the witness LE refers too? Because, otherwise, they have not been specific at all (neighbor, child friend, passerby) who claims to have seen Jessica on her way to school after she exited her house.

There was an early supposed sighting of Jessica near the Rec Center (which is out of her way) but I don't believe that was confirmed to be true. It involved her purple pillow pet that was located in her home Friday afternoon when LE responded to the 911 call. That's why the officer told the other officer via scanner that Jessica would have had to have returned home for someone to have witnessed her walking nearby the Rec Center with her pillow pet. Her pillow pet was in her home when police got there Friday afternoon.

What is the explanation regarding the phone calls made to the same house, the earliest from a blocked number or possibly Sarah's cell phone, on Friday morning. Since the weather had turned, the calls in and of themselves aren't suspicious to check to see if the normal walking partner was still planning to walk - Sarah said the friend said 'yes'.
What did the boy do on Friday when Jessica didn't show up at the park on time to walk to school with him?

More confusion! Now Jessica was walking to and going to meet the boy at his HOUSE not the park. You got me.

His dad drove him to school.

There is no mystery here.

<modsnip>.

Yes! But now news in links posted today say Jessica was to meet this boy J at his house on that day instead of at the park. Why the change? Why the confusion? Why does J's dad say the call came from blocked # at 7:30 when Jessica's alarm doesn't go off until 7:45 but then the recent article says she called and spoke to the Dad at 8:25??

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a link for that?

TIA

Sure. The cross found in Jessica's case matches this one here, and the description of the wood is such:

solid Bloodwood from Australia

None of our woodwork items have been stained. The colors that you see are the actual colors of the wood. They all have been coated with a clear lacquer only.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/102570560/mens-jewelry-hand-carved-cross

il_570xN.347055417.jpg

il_570xN.386939006_74bs.jpg

Are you certain it was this evening? It sounds very familiar like something I may have heard last night instead.

All the posts are from the last hour. Nobody is giving links to reputable sites, so far it's just hearsay. I hope it's not true, but I also think it's sick that anyone would make it up.:waitasec:

Noticed Scrapbooker's Total Posts on Websleuths today...Amazing!

Websleuths » Stats
Members: 53,072
Threads: 156,937
Top Poster: scrapbooker (319,295)
Welcome to our newest member, Algie533

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors