CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox- Would you hear helicopter's flying outside in your town? Or see possible roadblocks? I commend you for being so informed Nationally but personally I also want to know what's going on in my town. Not sure how you do it :)

Emphasis mine: I don't think that's a fair assumption.

I don't have a television or a radio, and I hate Facebook. I get my news from NPR's Marketplace podcasts, the New York Times, and The Economist magazine. I'm better informed than most people about current affairs, but if there were an Amber Alert in my town, the most likely place I'd hear about it would be Websleuths--if I checked that day, which I might not.

This forum is not representative of the world at large, and not everyone keeps the TV on constantly. Of course it would be preferable if everyone heard Amber Alerts the minute they went out, but I'm not surprised at all that this man might not have.

Is the neighborhood email notification system (think it is called linkserv) a product you have to buy or is it offered to the neighborhood free? tia

It wasn't directed at you...I just get frustrated when every few days it seems we recycle and rehash issues that have been resolved and/or aren't relevant to the case. I understand that there hasn't been much new information to discuss, but there has to be a more productive use of our time.

JMO :)

I just started on this site yesterday or the day before. Can you summarize what we already know?

I just started on this site yesterday or the day before. Can you summarize what we already know?

That Denver Post article linked earlier today has the best summary I have seen of what we know so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm new here too. What I did to become more familiar, is take the time to read the initial posts on the Jessica threads and review the pictures, maps, etc.

Finding the or reporting the backpack earlier wouldn't have made *that* much difference. She was almost certainly dead by the time it was placed. (Yes, I believe it was placed, and I believe the killer also wanted her body found.)

Completely agree.

Is the neighborhood email notification system (think it is called linkserv) a product you have to buy or is it offered to the neighborhood free? tia

"listserv" is a very, very old type of internet "mailing list" technology. I'm guessing it's a free community thing, probably lots of families and homeowners on it.

"It was out of place, so that we noted it, but not out of place enough that we got out and took a look at it," he said Monday, noting that kids in the suburban Rock Creek neighborhood sometimes leave out bikes.

Also mentioned it wasn't his families. So most likely not elderly.

Grandkids have backpacks.

I got it I read the Denver Post story yesterday. Based on Tree's tone I assumed that I had missed something and that comment was at me.

Summarizing what I think I know.

Mom, Dad, Friend's Dad ruled out as suspects. They think there is a connection to the attempted abduction of the 22 year old. She was heading to either the park, her friends house or two school. Last person to see her was her mom as she walked out the door. She never made it to friends. School called her mom in 1st hour but she was asleep till 4. Called police at 4 when they knew she was missing. People searched Friday until 2. Amber Alert Sat morning more searching. Bag found 6 miles away, possibily just outside the perimeter of the search area. Body found a few days later, Police show cross ask for leads on it and say possible connection to the abduction attempt.

Did I miss anything?

I live in Jefferson County and it is free. Both email and phone. I don't know what area the alerts were sent or if they were sent. I live in Jefferson County and didn't get a phone or email alert. I don't know if they would have received alerts in Superior (Kinda doubt it).

Although, just want to say that the phone/e-mail alert has come under at least a couple criticisms. Fires have not been reported to correct areas, etc. It failed majorly in the North Fork Fire incident, and they just released recently it also failed in a suspect on the loose case.

I got it I read the Denver Post story yesterday. Based on Tree's tone I assumed that I had missed something and that comment was at me.

Mom, Dad, Friend's Dad ruled out as suspects. They think there is a connection to the attempted abduction of the 22 year old. She was heading to either the park, her friends house or two school. Last person to see her was her mom as she walked out the door. She never made it to friends. School called her mom in 1st hour but she was asleep till 4. Called police at 4 when they knew she was missing. People searched Friday until 2. Amber Alert Sat morning more searching. Bag found 6 miles away, possibily just outside the perimeter of the search area. Body found a few days later, Police show cross ask for leads on it and say possible connection to the abduction attempt.

Did I miss anything?

Amber alert was Friday night. Bag found Sat night after 6:45, before 1AM (i believe). Body, found by trash collectors near a culvert in an open space, was said to be "not intact". Article says remains were in a garbage bag. Autopsy results awaiting lab work to be complete. Some potential suspects have been ruled out apparently by DNA.

I hope and pray LE is looking into EVERYONE in her case.

Oh and just realized you might be asking a completely different question!!

I don't live in Westminster, but we have a basically an e-mail bulletin board sponsored by our HOA where homeowners can leave messages, etc. It doesn't cost anything (but assume the cost is covered in our HOA fees).

When I read again, realized you were talking more about the community chatting with each other. People put things like block parties, garage sales, lost and found etc. But it isn't open to the public, you have to register your name, address.

I live in Jefferson County and it is free. Both email and phone. I don't know what area the alerts were sent or if they were sent. I live in Jefferson County and didn't get a phone or email alert. I don't know if they would have received alerts in Superior (Kinda doubt it).

Although, just want to say that the phone/e-mail alert has come under at least a couple criticisms. Fires have not been reported to correct areas, etc. It failed majorly in the North Fork Fire incident, and they just released recently it also failed in a suspect on the loose case.

I think the post may be referring to the community ListServ in which the backpack was first mentioned, rather than to an alert system.

Did I miss anything?

A witness to her walking to school was mentioned early on.
Body was found "not intact" and LE continued searching intensely for days after it was found. They have not confirmed that all of her body has ever been recovered.
There's probably more, but that is what jumped into my mind after reading your list.

Era: LE almost certainly has DNA of Jessica's killer, since they eliminated a local man accused of dismembering his mother by the use of DNA testing.

This was the original post in which the ListServ message was shown--,[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8444332&postcount=9"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6[/ame]. But I see the picture of the message has since been removed. Did anyone make a copy of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member