CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion, but if I saw a childs backpack sitting on a curb alone, I wouldn't think anything about it. The first thing that would come to my mind is that a child sat it down and went to do something else.

I am guessing that the backpack was placed after she was murdered, or at least disposed of, as a taunt. Based on my knowledge of these sort of crimes, I am guessing she was murdered within the first 48 hours of abduction, then there was a bit of time (a few days) to contemplate disposal, next steps, etc. No matter how long someone plans such a thing, there are many variables that cannot be predicted in advance (LE and community response, time until body/clues are discovered, possible witness, etc). These considerations probably take a few days to arise and sort out, and undoubtedly determine when/how to proceed.

Really is a sick world we live in. To those of you with children: You can never ever be too careful. Often, the first time you allow your child to do something a bit outside your comfort zone could be the last. I have read so many stories that end with a parent saying, "He/she had been begging me to do this (walk to school or do something else alone, etc.) for months and we planned it and practiced it, so we allowed him/her to do it. He/she was only out of sight for 1 minute/1 block." Well, sadly enough, there are people out there looking, seeking, hunting, for such opportunities. It is just not worth the risks. And if you think that your neighborhood is "safe", well, criminals know which communities have their guards down due to a false sense of security. Sad but true.

A witness to her walking to school was mentioned early on.

This was determined to be false, no one saw her that morning but her Mom, period.

(Just trying to stop this one before it starts.)

Oh and just realized you might be asking a completely different question!!

I don't live in Westminster, but we have a basically an e-mail bulletin board sponsored by our HOA where homeowners can leave messages, etc. It doesn't cost anything (but assume the cost is covered in our HOA fees).

When I read again, realized you were talking more about the community chatting with each other. People put things like block parties, garage sales, lost and found etc. But it isn't open to the public, you have to register your name, address.

Actually my thought was that if it was something you had to pay for or subscribe to, this family would seem to be pretty responsible in wanting to have news or be connected to the neighborhood. it was just a thought. ty

I think the post may be referring to the community ListServ in which the backpack was first mentioned, rather than to an alert system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks, at first was thinking that it was related to the backpack guy "not knowing" about an amber alert, but when I read again realized they were talking about an online community bulletin board :blushing:

This was determined to be false, no one saw her that morning but her Mom, period.

(Just trying to stop this one before it starts.)

Can you please point me to the location that this was proven false? Thanks!

Just wanted to share some of the more recent media coverage in this case:

<Mod Snip>

A new article about the search expanding, posted this morning:

Investigators in Jessica Ridgeway murder case look beyond open space

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21819538/investigators-jessica-ridgeway-murder-case-look-beyond-open

Some beautiful but heartbreaking photos in this gallery:

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/13/photos-mourning-the-loss-of-jessica-october-13-2012/

ETA-Ruh roh, did I post a naughty link?? :blushing:

The man that posted the below comment went out on Saturday evening at 6:45 ish and returned at 1 AM early Sunday morning. The backpack was left beside the sidewalk, on the grass, at that time. He assumed that a child was playing and simply forgot it, so he posted the below message ... most likely hoping the parents would see the message and collect it.

backpack_message-1.jpg

Fairly confident thats a "given".
Why would you think LE wouldn't look at everyone?

I'm just saying looking into everyone from who found the book bag to all other people.I think LE is doing a very good job.I have no complaints with them.

Im beginning to think the perp wasn't driving, but walking.

Or maybe he wanted the book bag to be found and not her body. The book bag would prompt authorities to search in that particular area. moo

I think he wanted the bookbag found alright and probably waited for scanner chatter calling LE to THAT site, then drove and dumped her remains at PP.

Since it's been said that many perps insert themselves into cases, I'm wondering if all the trash collectors walking the roadway, who FOUND the remains have been checked out. They would know where they would be collecting landfill debris that day and very well could have purposely put their own DNA on the bag. Even if not one of the trash collectors, the perp placed or tossed her remains pretty much at what could be considered a landmark location. IMO

Im beginning to think the perp wasn't driving, but walking.

when? during the abduction, the backpack drop or the body disposal? Other than this being a possibility during the backpack drop, I don't see how anyone could have done this without a vehicle. JMO

Can you please point me to the location that this was proven false? Thanks!

Sorry to quote myself, but here is the quote in a post after the press conference, from LE, that I heard myself, regarding the witness
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8429808&postcount=204"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2[/ame]

I am not referring to what we call the "scanner rewind". I remain convinced tht there was a witness tht saw her walking, that has remained unidentified (for very good reason I might add).

Thanks and someone just said that the backpack was found 5 days later? No way that backpack was left during the day and not seen.

Backpack was found 2 days later not 5. She went missing on Friday and backpack found on Sunday.

when? during the abduction, the backpack drop or the body disposal? Other than this being a possibility during the backpack drop, I don't see how anyone could have done this without a vehicle. JMO

The abduction like what haopened to the jogger. JMO <<<<<<<

I thought two people found her book bag.The neighbor that came home.His neighbor saw it with him and it's the guys neighbor who emailed come get it.Was the guy on the news video the guys house the book bag was found at or the neighbor guy who reported it?I'm confused.Can someone please refresh me of what happened.

Backpack was found 2 days later not 5. She went missing on Friday and backpack found on Sunday.

I corrected, and apologized. I was thinking about when the body was discovered. I'm SORRY. I will take 50 lashes with a wet noodle. It is NOT my intention to provide any misinformation in any way. I know the facts of this case, but for a brief moment, I just wasn't thinking.
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
It won't happen again :please:

The man that posted the below comment went out on Saturday evening at 6:45 ish and returned at 1 AM early Sunday morning. The backpack was left beside the sidewalk, on the grass, at that time. He assumed that a child was playing and simply forgot it, so he posted the below message ... most likely hoping the parents would see the message and collect it.

backpack_message-1.jpg

I hate to say this, but isn't this a different version. I thought he talked to a friend who told him the name on the bottle was of the missing JR. I also thought the friend posted the message. Am I completely out of the loop? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019