CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the plastic grocery bags for my husband's lunch bags and there is always a receipt in about one out of every five bags. But that does not explain how a receipt would have ended up the same place as a trash bag.

I have read that receipts were discovered along fenceline after high winds during search at the open spaces. If true they could have come from just about anywhere. My husband has an awful habit of throwing receipts and bits of paper on the dash or console of his truck, also in the visor. One gusty day driving with the window down probably litters his receipts over half of town.

Just chills you to the bone. Quite clear that in this case there are 2 involved. Interesting too that the guy who got out of the car was wearing shorts and some sort of light colored tennis shoes.

Why is that?

Snipped by Me, HTH:

Police investigators and volunteers collected socks and other items near Chelsea Park Saturday, Materasso said. The socks were placed in evidence bags.

"We can't say at this point whether these are or are not related," he said. Detectives will show the articles of clothing to Jessica's mother and see if they belong to the girl, he added.

Read more: New team of dogs will resume search for Westminster girl, 10, Sunday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21714407#ixzz2A3tJR6Kx
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Socks and other items? What other items?

I'm a new registered member. I found websleuths when looking for information about Renna Williams, the little girl who was missing in WI in August. They found her in the water near her home. I used to live near there. Anyway, when I heard about Jessica, I jumped on and have been lurking and following the threads since day one. I'm not sure what it is about this case that overwhelms me. Probably the fact that I have a daughter around Jessica's age. So, I finally registered. I was up all night last night getting caught up on the threads. I must say, I don't mind when people rehash things over and over again because sometimes it is after the 100 million time someone has looked at something an "ah ha" moment occurs. I am also having trouble remembering some of the finer details even though I have read all of the posts and the scanner. So, I don't mind when people get confused. The dialogue seems to work itself out. I also don't mind when people sleuth seemingly innocuous things like the wood used in the cross. We never know how something like that may apply and we might as well cast a wide net. Especially, since we really do not have much to go on and many of the reports could be construed as inconsistent. What I do mind is how snarky the posts were getting the last few threads. We're all in this trying to think outside of the box and work towards Jessica's cause. I appreciate that things have apparently calmed down today. JMOO OT---This case must really be getting to me because when I finally did go to bed last night, I dreamt that I was prosecuting the messy case. I am a lawyer but I am a pencil pusher in real life and rarely go into court! I’ll just take it as a sign that they will catch this person and he or she will be prosecuted. I don’t really have much to contribute yet. However, I was intrigued when some member mentioned working on the unidentified people. I started working on one right away. It helped me feel like I was actually being productive. The logic, attention to detail, and methodical nature of that research is more up my Type A alley. Thanks for listening.

:welcome: to Websleuths Myanna. Glad to have you join us. I know the devoted members who haunt the unidentified threads will be so glad to have someone like you here. As am I. :)

Just the first article I came across regarding LE using Unsub DNA to determine race to determine suspects to investigate.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-08-16-dna_x.htmte.

This was back in 2005.

ETA: what I think is cool is that back then there was talk of using DNA tests to determine eye color. How cool is that? I wonder if that's been achieved yet?

Wow.

A few thoughts occur to me after watching that video.

There are two perps.
They are Hispanic
One of them drives, the other attacks
The attacker is a total weakling which is why they went for Jessica - he failed with adults.
This is very well planned.
These guys have some sort of fantasy life going on...a meeting of two minds...may be both heavily involved in online activity like gaming
This is their first time.
They are young, stupid, and inexperienced, but determined.

All my opinion only of course.

I hope this means there will be a very quick arrest.

:cow:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

I'm familiar with the term "touch DNA" from the Ramsey case, but I don't know how easy it is to get a perps DNA from a living human? And does LE do that kind of testing in an attempted abduction?
Here's a bit of info on touch DNA.
http://www.forensicmag.com/article/touch-dna

I would hope so. If they had a victim and she told police that he grabbed her anywhere on her clothing, I would really hope they tested that clothing for foreign DNA. Same for Jessica's clothing. If it was taken off ungloved, there could be skin cells left behind.

Socks and other items? What other items?

That info was snipped by me directly from the Denver Post article that is linked in my post. I honestly do not know what other items they are referring to as they have not said any more about those finds. HTH

Maybe the cross was found at the other(attempted abduction) scene and had DNA on it, and that matched DNA found with Jessica.

It seems the socks were not on Jessica so there is more wrong info!! I didnt read this on Fox, if Fox was wrong, why read it. I didnt bother. Might have been Denver Post. I only read two of the articles.:seeya:

There was a chemical rag involved in both abduction attempts.

Both victims said it burnt their skin.

and another, longer article

The Westminster Police Department is investigating an attempted abduction that is similar to a 2010 case.

Around 1:15 p.m. on May 28, a woman was running around Ketner Lake in Westminster when a man grabbed her from behind and tried to put a rag over her mouth. The victim was able to break free and call 911. Police and a K9 unit were unable to locate a suspect.
Investigator Trevor Materasso said there was a similar attempt in 2010 that happened in the green belt area that leads to Ketner Lake. In both cases the victims were women in their early 20s and the suspect descriptions were similar.

<modsnip>

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/west...cle_efe8e4fc-ac33-11e1-9405-0019bb2963f4.html

We now have how many attempted abductions all within the general area of Jessica's abduction and murder?

1)
We have an attempt abduction at Ketner lake with chemical soaked rag.

2)
We have another attempt at Ketner lake with chemical soaked rag.

3)
We have an attempted abduction/sexual assault where the perp left DNA(that was matched to the DNA found at Jessica's crime scene.)

4)
We have an attempted abduction just last week outside a bar where a chemical soaked rag was used(note 2 perps in this case)

5)
We have an attempted child abduction where the male appears to fit similar description of Ketner lake suspect.(2 teenagers witnessed and fought off perp from taking child)

6)
We have an attempted abduction via enticement of a child on 9/9

7)
We have another attempted abduction via enticement of a child on 9/14(perp believed to be the same from 9/9)

8)
We have an attempted abduction of a 14year old.

My God!.. If Im not mistaken they all are from this year(some very recent) except for one that occurred in 2010.. I personally do not believe that they are all the work of one perp.. But I do believe that just as the dna match from the attempted abduction/sexual assault has been linked to Jessica's case.. I believe my initial thoughts on this perp NOT being a pedophile are likely accurate and that the victimology changed due to his ineptitude at subduing his preferece of victiim, adult female...which led to him targeting a female child ..

I believe that its very likely that this perp who is responsible for Jess abduction/murder is responsible for a couple of the above failed attempts ..but that the others are unrelated and possibly more than one other perp is involved in those unrelated attempts..

Do any of these attempted abductions involve 2 men in a white car, other than the abduction attempt at the bar. I seem to remember that one of the attempts did, but I've searched and can't find it. TIA

(I told my husband I was thinking about turning our dining room into my sleuth space. I want a white board, a couple more computers, bulletin boards, etc. I have such a hard time keeping everything straight! He's not going for it.
:floorlaugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member