CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New poster. Registered because I live in west metro Denver in the foothills. And have so on and off since 1974. My thoughts, for what it's worth.

1. I agree with MisterMayor, in his websleuths radio interview, that it is someone intimately familiar with the open space and trail linkage. Perhaps a mountain biker or jogger - a twenties-something person who grew up here. (Thank you websleuths radio for your interview with MisterMayor!) 82nd Ave (Leyton) and Pattridge Park are so lonely and windy. The wind can get so strong it sucks your lungs inside out. It's not a picnic area like a regular city park. It is just south of the old Rocky Flats military plutonium trigger factory. Leyton (82nd Ave) is curvy and narrow. Regular commuters take Coal Creek Canyon and Hwy 93. Model airplane people fly their planes at Pattridge Park. There is a trail on the opposite hill of where little Jessica was found at the culvert. The culvert has a huge pull-off shoulder on each side of the road. It is in between the two "real" parking areas where the hikers, mountain bikers and model-airplane people park. The barbed wire fence is easily crossable, as it is down on either side of the culvert and stretches about 4 feet above the culvert.

2. Jessica's house is such a short distance from Chelsea Park. The houses are shoe-horned in and the residents park against the sidewalk on the street. The cars just drip onto the sidewalk Jessica would've walked. The only way, IMHO, Jessica could've been forced into a car is if she walked by a car parked against the Chelsea Park sidewalk and the monster was like Ted Bundy and stood outside and shoved her in. But the way the houses are so close - that seems impossible unless there were two people. And that seems impossible. It's almost like Jessica was offered a ride by someone she knew, IMHO.

3. The Rock Creek subdivision where the backpack was found, and Nancy Grace's declaration (yet not reported in our Denver media) that her clothes were folded, is isolated and like Hotel California - you do not enter or exit easily unless you know how to.

4. The Rock Creek intersection of Alpha and Andrew, Jessica's house, and the lonely culvert on Leyton make an almost perfect isocles triangle - not sure if that means anything.

5. Jessica's house is next to JeffCo airport where people watch planes and helicopters take off - there were many people watching the slurry planes and helicopters during our summer fires.

6. The Aurora attempted abduction with a rag is just a couple of drunk opportunistic men, IMHO.

7. The Boulder-bolder jogger's neck-grabbing attempt of the young boy in May at Fenton Lake is real but it was a boy. But that brings up the trail connection. The jogger repeatedly did his loop on the trail like he was scouting.

8. Pattridge Park is in between Golden's School of Mines and CU Boulder. Hwy 93 connects them. However, based on experience, college kids park and make out on Lookout Mtn (Golden) and Chattaqua Park (Boulder). But it is stated that teens party in the old cement coal shacks on Leyton. College kids from Mines and CU Boulder should comment on this. My Mines former college student friend states he never heard of Pattridge Park and never noticed Leyton.

9. It is just a short drive up into the foothills where nothing would've ever been found. Whether that was not done because the monster did not have a regular car and he had to use a mountain bike, or because he wanted to make a statement, I cannot determine.

10. I think it is a local, healthy, young male who knows the open space and trails.

IF... it is true that Jessica's clothes was found in the backpack...folded neatly...it tells a lot about the killer IMHO.

Sierra Lamar (California) purse was found with her clothes neatly folded inside. Her body has not been found, but an arrest was obtained with DNA matching.

for those of you who've studied serial killers, what do they usually do when they find out LE has their DNA? do they stay put and act calm? do they usually run?

is there ANYTHING the jogger can tell us about him?

Pat Brown says real serial killers don’t play cat and mouse with profilers. They don’t leave calling cards. She believes the Hollywood serial killer isn't accurate. She says they aren’t particularly smart. When asked about the Zodiac killer she said he was unusual, he did send things to LE.

What I'm wondering is how many of these serial killers are watching the Hollywood movies and copying?

Well, technically, DNA comes from both parents.

ETA: God planned it this way so that when a kid messes up, either parent can say to the other one, "Well, don't look at me, he's just like you."

yDNA from male
mtDNA from mother

It doesn't change through the generations for the y or the mt.

I own this and buy it for everyone I know that is a woman. I sleep with it on my arm (had to put it in a MP3 Player arm band).

I call them all the time to make sure its working. They have EXCELLENT customer service and even found me in a remote treed area within seconds.

Its great for kids and I feel so much safer since buying this.

I have them also for my family and myself you can get them at walmart!

New poster. Registered because I live in west metro Denver in the foothills. And have so on and off since 1974. My thoughts, for what it's worth.

1. I agree with MisterMayor, in his websleuths radio interview, that it is someone intimately familiar with the open space and trail linkage. Perhaps a mountain biker or jogger - a twenties-something person who grew up here. (Thank you websleuths radio for your interview with MisterMayor!) 82nd Ave (Leyton) and Pattridge Park are so lonely and windy. The wind can get so strong it sucks your lungs inside out. It's not a picnic area like a regular city park. It is just south of the old Rocky Flats military plutonium trigger factory. Leyton (82nd Ave) is curvy and narrow. Regular commuters take Coal Creek Canyon and Hwy 93. Model airplane people fly their planes at Pattridge Park. There is a trail on the opposite hill of where little Jessica was found at the culvert. The culvert has a huge pull-off shoulder on each side of the road. It is in between the two "real" parking areas where the hikers, mountain bikers and model-airplane people park. The barbed wire fence is easily crossable, as it is down on either side of the culvert and stretches about 4 feet above the culvert.

2. Jessica's house is such a short distance from Chelsea Park. The houses are shoe-horned in and the residents park against the sidewalk on the street. The cars just drip onto the sidewalk Jessica would've walked. The only way, IMHO, Jessica could've been forced into a car is if she walked by a car parked against the Chelsea Park sidewalk and the monster was like Ted Bundy and stood outside and shoved her in. But the way the houses are so close - that seems impossible unless there were two people. And that seems impossible. It's almost like Jessica was offered a ride by someone she knew, IMHO.

3. The Rock Creek subdivision where the backpack was found, and Nancy Grace's declaration (yet not reported in our Denver media) that her clothes were folded, is isolated and like Hotel California - you do not enter or exit easily unless you know how to.

4. The Rock Creek intersection of Alpha and Andrew, Jessica's house, and the lonely culvert on Leyton make an almost perfect isocles triangle - not sure if that means anything.

5. Jessica's house is next to JeffCo airport where people watch planes and helicopters take off - there were many people watching the slurry planes and helicopters during our summer fires.

6. The Aurora attempted abduction with a rag is just a couple of drunk opportunistic men, IMHO.

7. The Boulder-bolder jogger's neck-grabbing attempt of the young boy in May at Fenton Lake is real but it was a boy. But that brings up the trail connection. The jogger repeatedly did his loop on the trail like he was scouting.

8. Pattridge Park is in between Golden's School of Mines and CU Boulder. Hwy 93 connects them. However, based on experience, college kids park and make out on Lookout Mtn (Golden) and Chattaqua Park (Boulder). But it is stated that teens party in the old cement coal shacks on Leyton. College kids from Mines and CU Boulder should comment on this. My Mines former college student friend states he never heard of Pattridge Park and never noticed Leyton.

9. It is just a short drive up into the foothills where nothing would've ever been found. Whether that was not done because the monster did not have a regular car and he had to use a mountain bike, or because he wanted to make a statement, I cannot determine.

10. I think it is a local, healthy, young male who knows the open space and trails.

LOVE your observations! Great first post....and welcome to Websleuths, cattlekate!
:welcome6:

Pat Brown says real serial killers don’t play cat and mouse with profilers. They don’t leave calling cards. She believes the Hollywood serial killer isn't accurate. She says they aren’t particularly smart. When asked about the Zodiac killer she said he was unusual, he did send things to LE.

What I'm wondering is how many of these serial killers are watching the Hollywood movies and copying?

Not sure how I feel about Pat Brown's opinion.

I actually think true "medical" places do NOT have access to chloroform as it is not used on people at all anymore by the profession. I work in a scientific research lab, and we have it, and I can say that it is much more regulated than it was years ago. Ironically, having nothing to do with the fact that it has been used criminally, but for the fact that it is now considered a suspected cancer causing agent, or some such. Lol, everything we work with causes something bad, I no longer can keep track of what causes what, just wear gloves and work in the fume hood with it all regardless. Interestingly enough... even the bottles of ultra pure water that we buy for research are now labelled with warnings. I guess you can die if you ingest enough water, or pour it in a tub and stick your head in it... Lol...
So, sorry for the rant. Chloroform can be made, or can be found in various research labs. If there are chemical burns left on the victim, I can say it is not reagent or "medical" grade chloroform. I think Grainne posted about ether in some automotive fluids... My bet is something like that.

Off topic: in my ex-husband's Ph.D advisor's microbiology lab, a memo went out about every six months: please do not use the triple distilled to make coffee!

The town had (literally) nationally famous yucky tap water but that apparently is not really a justifiable reason to use the triple distilled.

The biggest problem was that the head of the lab rather liked his coffee that way. <snrk>

Where is the article y'all have mentioned is an interesting read?

I actually think true "medical" places do NOT have access to chloroform as it is not used on people at all anymore by the profession. I work in a scientific research lab, and we have it, and I can say that it is much more regulated than it was years ago. Ironically, having nothing to do with the fact that it has been used criminally, but for the fact that it is now considered a suspected cancer causing agent, or some such. Lol, everything we work with causes something bad, I no longer can keep track of what causes what, just wear gloves and work in the fume hood with it all regardless. Interestingly enough... even the bottles of ultra pure water that we buy for research are now labelled with warnings. I guess you can die if you ingest enough water, or pour it in a tub and stick your head in it... Lol...
So, sorry for the rant. Chloroform can be made, or can be found in various research labs. If there are chemical burns left on the victim, I can say it is not reagent or "medical" grade chloroform. I think Grainne posted about ether in some automotive fluids... My bet is something like that.

Agreed, we have histology grade chloroform in our lab and I can verify that it doesn't leave chemical burns (which is lucky for me, b/c I've spilled it).

is there a sketch for the Ketner guy? she called 911 as he "ran" off. was he totally on foot or did he jump in a car? I'm sorry if these questions have been asked and answered already. I'm getting confused from following too many cases at once. A bad 2 weeks our nation is having with abductions :(

Oh my freakin Gosh!...the missing persons blog has done an excellent job of thoroughly searching, verifying, and evn posting sketches of the suspects when available to all the attempted abductions in the Colorado areas.. Excellent job of collecting and listing them date by date.. I am in process of just dbl checking to make sure they are all valid(as someone mentioned upthread the blog possibly not being credible)..thus far she is extremely credible..

But I just had to post a link to this one as I am sleuthing each to verify their validity...
http://www.koaa.com/news/pueblo-woman-jumps-from-a-moving-van-to-avoid-being-abducted/
Police say the woman didn't notice the man in her mini-van when she pulled out of the parking lot. She heard a noise inside, turned around and saw the man climbing over the seats coming toward her. The 24 year old jumped out of the van while it was in gear. The van, with the man inside, crashed into a tree at 1st and Union.
Chilling just chilling!...THERE ARE ACTUAL SURVEILLANCE PHOTOS AT THE LINK SHOWING THE PERP WALKING AND FOLLOWING THE VICTIM!!!

When clothes are pulled off of you they come off inside out He wasnt going to place his arm inside the clothes to turn them rightside out! JMO And my guess he was in a huge hurry

For some reason, I kind ot thought that if Jessica's clothing and glasses were in her backpack, maybe the murderer told her to put them in there.

Umm....Shefner believes Pat Brown is wrong.

Off topic: in my ex-husband's Ph.D advisor's microbiology lab, a memo went out about every six months: please do not use the triple distilled to make coffee!

The town had (literally) nationally famous yucky tap water but that apparently is not really a justifiable reason to use the triple distilled.

The biggest problem was that the head of the lab rather liked his coffee that way. <snrk>

(Flashes of Gale in Breaking Bad.)

Hello all,

I started a new class today and I have not been able to read/keep up. I hate to ask but can anyone update me? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member