CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been talked about before, but I'm a bit behind due to my internet being down since last friday, but I wonder if this is a college student. He would have been there for the memorial day attack and then shortly after he may have left because the semester would be over. He goes "home" wherever that may be (outside of the strike area) and then returns when the new semester starts.
Was there a lull in reported similar attacks during the summer months?

Parts above BBM. There was a suggestion many pages back that it could be a college student who came home from time to time. However, that was one of many many ideas. Can't recall if there are any indicators to support that idea.

Does not seem to be a summer lull - when looking at cases.

I don't disagree that he might have many of the traits you list -- but I think he's got the kind of two-faced presentation that lets him appear as a normal person, possibly even a nice guy, most of the time. I imagine there are signs that will be recognized looking back -- things like the reaction when he doesn't get what he wants -- but maybe not even that.

A Dennis Rader/Ted Bundy type.
Obviously an abusive man.
Control
Does well at work
Gets along with others well, as in outward appearance.
Cunning, manipulative.
Maybe a DV past?
Not everyone who commits crimes gets swabbed.

Thanks, but as I said I did not hear anything about the aunt, etc. What I was referring to is the report/reports by the friend and classmates that they saw JR at school and was later discounted by the dad saying it was a different day. That his son was confused on the day. I really have a hard time with that. I can understand the son being confused (maybe) but not other classmates and even a teacher. That whole thing to me was confusing. jmo

And that would have been checked out as well. LE knows. The public may never know unless or until there is a trial. All of that was scanner/LE/communication breakdown. I'm very confident it's been sorted out by now.

Thanks so no offical person can be talked about because there are none. But we can talk about a profile or someone who had the opportunity and possible motive to do this.

I don't think we have anyone like that on the radar at this time.
But you can always discuss it generally and not point at anyone in particular- for example- a family member.

We are a victim friendly forum so we are particularly sensitive to the families who have lost loved ones particularly children.

If LE points us in the direction of a family member or friend then we roll with that.

But at this point the discussion should mainly about the facts that we have, evidence, timeline, etc. because we do not have a POI or a suspect.

Putting the puzzle pieces together may lead us in the direction of the murderer or help us to build a profile.

Okay, I'm not super well versed in DNA but I read the link someone posted a few pages back and a few posts about what can be gleaned from DNA.

My question is if LE has DNA from Jessica's case (BP, cross, body, garbage bags, etc) and the May attempted abduction.... *if* that's what the connection is....

Can the (unknown) perp's DNA be linked to his blood relatives?

I know there's no such thing as a stupid question but I think this is the exception.

In Brianna Denison's case, her killer James Biela's girlfriend allowed authorities to take a DNA sample from their young son which confirmed that a relative (James Biela) was the man who had committed previous rapes as well as abducting and murdering Brianna.

I'm wondering on a long shot if a member of the perp's immediate family has DNA in some database, could that tie him or at least direct LE towards that individual? Does it have to be father/mother/son/daughter only? Does any of this babble make sense?

THIS 'babble' does make sense. Los Angeles was trying a similar thing with a familial DNA base. They were testing DNA from crime scenes and comparing it for familial connections with their data base. But the courts and the ACLU have been fighting them on this so it is being slowed down a bit. But it does work.

In other words, they have reportedly taken DNA from 500 local donors. So lets say they took DNA swabs from every one living and working near the abduction and near the drop site. Conceivably, they could retrieve familial DNA from the perps family members if he grew up or lived nearby.

I agree, I should trust what comes out about it but in that case the facts are so varying it's hard to tell what's real, whats fake and what's dis-information.

Well I think we can trust the particular fact that the family was ruled out. How? No idea but I'm sure LE was diligent before they came to that conclusion. To go down that road isn't helping find the perp not to mention it can start a whole wave of controversy when people peek on here - or don't have time to read every post like me - if they see things mentioned untrue about people. It's a slippery slope and not a good one at that.

I hesitate to post unconfirmed rumors, but I know everyone is looking at every angle, so I'm going to do it anyway. REMEMBER, THIS IS WEB RUMOR ONLY AND JUST FOR DISCUSSION REGARDING THE POSSIBILITY!!! It is claimed by "sources" that the abduction site was the open area near the school.
Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if the whole "light skinned" thing comes down to eye color. If they were blue, then it's a white guy, but if the eyes were brown, then it could be a light skinned hispanic. My grandmother was borh in Surabaja, but I have brown hair and blue eyes ... light skinned.

I'm a light skinned "Hispanic" with green eyes, where do I fit in?
White guys can have brown blue green or hazel eyes
Latino guys can have brown blue green or hazel eyes

I don't mean to sound snarky, but are we really having this conversation?

I'm reading old posts on Kyron's forum. I notice that right around the one-month mark is when there was a bit of a backlash against LE. One media outlet wrote that LE has nothing to show for the investigation. Posters on WS become very frustrated. I see posts saying that LE knows nothing, have thrown $$ down the drain, and some people start talking about election day. Right now, everyone on this forum is very optimistic, is giving kudos to LE, but I do wonder at what point will a shift happen.
The same thing happened with the Mickey Shunick murder case. LE went strangely silent and people were fearful that the case was already growing cold. It turns out that they had a suspect in mind and were building their case against him. LE didn't address the public because they didn't want to tip him off before they made an arrest.

However, they had asked the public for tips regarding the DWT - d** white truck - in that case, and tips from the public did help identify the suspect. Hopefully the public has generated tips in Jessica's case that are currently being investigated and will lead them to the perp.

What about someone who can't stand 3 day weekends bc they don't like the solitude. A loner that doesn't want to be a loner. Someone who is recently separated or divorced and wants a family or wants to take revenge on family members. A daughter(JR), a wife ( jogger). I know it's a stretch but what else besides the luxury of a long weekend to committ these gruesome acts appeals to this guy?

Just a note; not everybody has a 3 day weekend on Columbus Day. We didn't at my job.

According to the scanner-I get the confusion about what day she walked with him and what day he drove. But the friend J also said conflictingly that she walked into the school and talked to a teacher's aide AND that she walked with him to school but didn't go in. Another female friend said she saw her walking to school, stop outside the door and leave, thus the search at Rec Park. She was spotted in the park with her purple pillow toy which happened to be at the mothers house at that time. The scanner that caused the police initially to look at places she was spotted turned out to be nothing at all. But that scanner thread was just opposite of what we know now.

Where that many people who the cops talked to on Day 1 completely wrong?

where else is DNA taken? where would someone's DNA be on file if they haven't committed a crime.
doctors offices? no - too expensive?
colleges? I have no idea.
jobs? like drug testing? no?
genetic testing? do they test the fathers?
ohhh, how about paternity? can LE/FBI scan those DNA tests against the DNA they have?

Not to be gross but with DNA how can DNA get on another person clothes? Just by touch?

Maybe it's my lack of DNA expertise but if I help a student zip their bookbag is my DNA now on there bookbag?

Yes, there is such a thing as touch DNA, so if you licked the tip of your finger to turn a page your DNA would be on that page.

LE do not clear people just because, there are reasons why they clear people.

THIS 'babble' does make sense. Los Angeles was trying a similar thing with a familial DNA base. They were testing DNA from crime scenes and comparing it for familial connections with their data base. But the courts and the ACLU have been fighting them on this so it is being slowed down a bit. But it does work.

In other words, they have reportedly taken DNA from 500 local donors. So lets say they took DNA swabs from every one living and working near the abduction and near the drop site. Conceivably, they could retrieve familial DNA from the perps family members if he grew up or lived nearby.

Familial DNA busted the Grim Sleeper I believe.

Some others are bartender, UPS driver, Schwann's driver, garbage collector(?), veterinarian, gas station attendant.

O/T
Schwann's driver? Doubtful- at least the one here: he's too busy servicing some of his clients' wives ! :what:

There are many ways they could have cleared her mother. I believe at some point it was said that the grandmother also lived with them, and perhaps she vouched for the fact that she was in her bed asleep. Perhaps she woke up and happened to go out and get the mail at some point, and then went back to bed. Whatever it was, obviously her story was corroborated to the extent that LE is comfortable that she was where she said she was, doing what she said she was doing.

Could "light skinned" just mean the victim didn't get a close enough look and couldn't determine ethnicity? They just knew he didn't have dark skin. I think it's being over analyzed. Unless they tell us we're looking for a Hispanic man or a white man or an Asian man, I think it's safe to assume it could be any race.

<modsnip>

I'll drop this line of thought. Didn't mean to bring it back up just said what if LE is wrong and they are on a wild goose chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025