CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else wonder if that necklace he has on goes to the cross? Maybe mom recognized it.

- 2 counts of murder for JR
- kidnapping for JR
- 4th and 5th counts of kidnapping related to Ketnor Lake attempt

charged for ketner lake attempt too
4ht & 5th charges for ketner

I believe in the death penalty in this case!

Juvenile. Does that mean no death penalty. Disgusted.

I assume he will be charged as an adult, though I hope there is nothing weird in CO law that would make that not happen,

I wonder what the deal with death penalty is and whether he would be considered an "adult" for purposes of that constitutionality. One of the snipers got off getting death penalty bc he was considered a minor.

At least LE got him early! VERY dangerous!

Send him to general pop. I hear they do not like child killers very much so he won't make any friends!

Well. It is as many predicted. He might have been too weak to get a grown woman so he turned to a poor child!

I wonder if they got him on the DNA canvass or whether there was a tip to him particularly?

No death penalty, period, even if and when charged as an adult.

Oh my god....he is SEVENTEEN?

Not only is he not eligible for the DP, thanks to a recent SCOTUS ruling he can't even get LWOP!

My mind cannot even comprehend this....I'm speechless.

Not true. Mandatory life sentences for minors are unconstitutional, but not all life sentences.

What is going on with teenage boys? I have a son that will be 17 next month and I just can't imagine. I'm sick even thinking about what could have went so wrong to turn these boys into monsters.

God bless your heart! I'm equally horrified but I don;t have teen boys. I know, though, that these are gross anomalies. Most teens like your lovely son are perfectly normal and beautiful people.

Lots of thanking and commending people.
Notified the family this morning of the arrest.
Hope knowing about arrest - the community will feel safer.

Justice is a process - this is the beginning
We can't give you a lot of info
affidavits have been sealed
can't give too much detail
charges are forthcoming
continuing investigation
still focused on the integrity of this investigation

Will not say if he turned himself in / can't comment

first court appearance division 10 Jeffco court 8 am tomorrow

Still call in if you see his photo and think you have info

(Bells again! for Jessica!!)

We can't go into any specific detail
lots of investigative work that still needs to be done

Any criminal activity you think could be related to Sigg please call 303-658-4336

Arrest was made TODAY

Two charges of first degree murder RE: to Jessica
Kidnapping
criminal intent (murder & kidnapping)
plus Ketner case

what does he have around his neck in that pic?

I BET it's the cross necklace...perhaps the mom recognized the cross, called it in and had to set it up to when he would be home for them to arrest him?

It's a very active thread right now --- 490 guests! Please join WS - we'd love to have you.

the aerial video shows them checking out a Jeep Cherokee

Church bells ringing during the presser...same thing happened at the presser where they announced they had found Jessica's remains...just warms my heart.

17 years old and pure EVIL I can't imagine the horror his mother is going through right now. This is a tragedy indeed but I am happy this MONSTER is off the streets. Rest In Peace Jessica! :(

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member