CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOw! Just got home and read the news! I am so glad this perp is out of the streets. Great job LE, FBI and others who have worked so hard for Jessica.

Now I am off to read the previous Thread and hope to catch up soon.

Why would he dump some remains in plain sight in a field, and bury some in a crawlspace under his own home? WTH?

snipped

Sigg came from a troubled home that included divorce and many run-ins with the police.

Sigg’s father, Robert Sigg, has a long arrest history, including multiple DUIs, assault, domestic violence and drug-dealing arrests.

Robert Sigg has also been involved in numerous civil actions, most recently he was convicted in 2006 for involvement in a mortgage fraud scheme after he was arrested by the FBI.

Sigg’s mother filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in May

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...emains/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Scariest part may be if Mom and others saw him as a regular, "goth-type" teen, with varied if oddball interests, intelligent, etc. but nothing sinister. There are thousands of teens like that, and you don't know what is brewing in their brains. Maybe good things, maybe not.

How many serial killers are out there under 18????

I am serious!

As of yet, there is NOTHING that suggests this guy is a serial killer. We have ONE murder victim. Serial killers have more than one victim.

It sounds like it's Jessica's remains. Not another person. At least right now after reading the MSM reports.

I agree.

Can't tell you how many cases where the perp says something along the lines of "just wanted to see what it would be like" or the worst one yet "it was just something to do."

He wanted a challenge. He chose this. For the fun of it in his mind. :(

I think he has this infatuation with death and dismemberment and now they say there are others under the house Lordy Lordy!

Unless he had embalmed them?

That's what I'm thinking.

This whole thing makes me unbelievably sad. I know everyone is happy that he is caught, and I guess I am too, but ... it's just so awful. My own son is almost exactly his age. I am quite sure he isn't dismembering anyone these days, but I think what AS's mom is going through is probably worse than what JR's mom is going through. Maybe not, I don't know how to compare. Sigh. All these young guys going nuts lately ... I try not to be too upset when mine brings home a C, you know??

I don't think we should underestimate LE in this case. They allegedly had DNA from people in the area. I have a feeling this creep's goose was cooked and that is why he confessed to his mommy. Probably wanting mom to bail him out or help him escape. My heart goes out to her for doing the right thing. It must have been devestating. As a mom myself, I'd probably prefer he was dead than having to live with the recurring nightmares of what he did to a beautiful little girl.

How does a mom get over something like this?

As of yet, there is NOTHING that suggests this guy is a serial killer. We have ONE murder victim. Serial killers have more than one victim.
oops! ~sorry!:blushing:
I didn't say he was. It was a question.
I have read some START at 14-15... (or in their teens...)

Depends on what "under the house" means.

If he buried them in the basement (dirt floor, I'd assume), there may not have been much smell.

Also, can any locals chime in? Sometimes during radon remediation, a flue stack is installed running from the basement up through the roof to lower/remove radon from the basement. Is radon found in that area?

Humans are usually not at all good at tracking scents. If the occupants noticed an odour, they may not have realised it was coming from their own house. Or they may have thought they had plumbing problems.

This is all speculation since LE hasn't even confirmed that Sigg said that, let alone released any such information.

According to this article, he admitted that there were remains in a crawl space under the house.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...emains/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Depends on what "under the house" means.

If he buried them in the basement (dirt floor, I'd assume), there may not have been much smell.

Also, can any locals chime in? Sometimes during radon remediation, a flue stack is installed running from the basement up through the roof to lower/remove radon from the basement. Is radon found in that area?

Humans are usually not at all good at tracking scents. If the occupants noticed an odour, they may not have realised it was coming from their own house. Or they may have thought they had plumbing problems.

This is all speculation since LE hasn't even confirmed that Sigg said that, let alone released any such information.

I can pretty much positively assure you there are no "dirt basements" in that house in Westminster. :) (as a local, and seeing the house).

Why wasn't he caught up with the DNA canvass? Did they cut off the canvass around his home? Did they not canvass the homes around the lake? It would seem that they would canvass around the lake and that this guy would have stood out somehow as being a but odd..

Of course we do not know if this is definitely true they didn't get him in the canvass but it sure seems like they only got him was bc he walked in...

Westminster PD posted this: "The nghbrhood around 10622 W. 102nd Ave will be closed to all but residents for the next couple of days" on their twitter

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Is it common to take 2 days to process a crime scene or could this have something to do with a search for more possible victims (buried) there?

How does a mom get over something like this?
My guess is...they never do. Think about Dylan Kliebold and Eric Harris' parents. I doubt the horror ever goes away.

ETA: However, parents or family members who do the utterly difficult thing of turning their family member in (or making sure they turn themselves in) should be commended. No parent wants to have their child (regardless of age) turn out to be a murderer.

Westminster PD posted this: "The nghbrhood around 10622 W. 102nd Ave will be closed to all but residents for the next couple of days" on their twitter

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Is it common to take 2 days to process a crime scene or could this have something to do with a search for more possible victims (buried) there?

This may explain the white tent.
moo

I asked a lady What she thought about why he would cut her up because I respect what she has to say about things.She said very matter of fact so his DNA is not found on her and everything I have heard does sound like that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill