CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he had the equipment or access to the necessary equipment or a reasonable facsimile to achieve this, then my guess is "not so much." If such a thing had occurred, LE would have known about that aspect of the case since they did have some of her remains.

Plain old rubbing alcohol can significantly slow down decomposition, if the tissue is fully submerged.

My source is high school experiments.

Thanks, for all of the answers on Colorado procedures. Florida needs some help on how to do it, but that's for another day.

I don't know. don't they get that chance in Mortuary school? I think it was something more than that.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...don't any of these scum bags watch Dexter??? If you really can't help yourself and feel the need to kill a person...then go after someone who deserves it!!! I'm sorry...I'm certainly not condoning violence, but if I found out this kid was running around killing convicted sex offenders, I'd probably have a bit of sympathy.

But there is no excuse for doing what he did. He knows right from wrong. He planned this for some time, finally found a victim he could actually do it to and carried it through, including covering it up.

DNA and crime scenes studied at his alternative HS:
his friend found his class project odd:
different situations of decomposing rats! in ice, dirt etc...!
his fingerprint is on their class project board!

this was just on 9newscast

Body Farm

DNA and crime scenes studied at his alternative HS:
his friend found his class project odd:
different situations of decomposing rats! in ice, dirt etc...!
his fingerprint is on their class project board!

I just finished listening to that I have to say I'm not sure why that would be an odd CSI project? Makes perfect sense to me actually.

I was at work and opened up CNN I couldn't believe the picture with that head line, he's so young. His poor mother what a sad situation for everybody involved. :(

You can take classes at ACC while you are still in high school. Sometimes they will do an entire course at the high school, for which students get college credit (such as a language ... there is a foreign lang. offered at a local high school that is a freshman-level college course. you have to pay tuition for it, too, but it is taught at the high school).

Or, you can just take classes in addition to your HS courses, to get a jump start. Here is the program he was said to be in: http://www.arapahoe.edu/catalog/mortuary-science-aas.htm

I don't know which it is, the press could have misunderstood something. (naw, that never happens)

My son does this. He'll graduate HS with an Associates Degree. He'll actually have it a month before he gets his actual HS diploma.

Anybody had a chance to go through SmoothOperator's list of abduction attempts etc and see if any of them could be him?

Also, has it been made clear if the remains 'under the house' are from more than just Jessica?

<Mod Snip> Grace says just now that since investigators are pitching a tent at suspects home, must mean he dismembered her there.

I was at worked and opened up CNN I couldn't believe the picture with that head line, he's so young. His poor mother what a sad situation for everybody involved. :(

I'll bet some of his juvy arrests include assault or attempted assault on his mom.

Reading the family background with the father who sounds like a real loser, dui's and domestic violence as well as fraud crimes gives us some insight into his home life.

I really feel for his mom, trying to raise two boys on her own, dealing with the recent bankruptcy etc. She was probably working long hours to make ends meet which gave him extra time in the home with Jessica for his horrid fantasies.

He has hurt so many people, why oh why do kids reach this level of desensitization?

There are two sons? Where is the info? I am wondering if the brother is older/younger, had trouble with the law, or whatever.

One thing, they sure do have a fabulous-looking house. So I'm guessing they weren't struggling financially?

aren't they still looking for the 2nd crime scene?

yes, and according to the live feeds I watched earlier his family home could well be one of them. Evidence tents galore and the block (per westy pd) closed off for at least two days. They are going to have all manner of forensic everything in there to include forensic plumbers, etc.:twocents:

What is really creepy is that he most likely really did put that backpack where he did to draw the police presence away from his egress route to where the remains were dumped. They had a canvass around Jessica's neighborhood that day.. they were stopping everyone that went in and out of a three block radius.

:twocents:

He wanted to be a mortician, was obsessed with death.....I have heard this a couple of times with these teenage killers. Alyssa Bustamante is one that comes straight into mind........c

he was quiet and shy, and liked hanging around with the little girls.
big fricking surprise there.

That's what I was wondering--was he hanging out with younger girls, or girls his own age? The girl that was interviewed seemed like she could be 17 to me.

Nasty Grace says just now that since investigators are pitching a tent at suspects home, must mean he dismembered her there.

Nah, all it means is that they need a place protected out of the weather and the prying eyes of helicopters to move things to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw