CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two sons? Where is the info? I am wondering if the brother is older/younger, had trouble with the law, or whatever.

One thing, they sure do have a fabulous-looking house. So I'm guessing they weren't struggling financially?

I think you have financial problems if you have to file for bankruptcy.

Autumn Pasquale's killers were 2 brothers - 15 & 17. WTH is wrong with these boys?
prozac?

My son does this. He'll graduate HS with an Associates Degree. He'll actually have it a month before he gets his actual HS diploma.

I did something like this too. Back then it was becoming more and more common for high schools and colleges to offer it-- dual enrollment program. It's flexible-- you can take one class at the college and the rest at the high school or split them. I did three semesters all at my local college, the courses let me finish my HS requirements and start my college credits and I began working full time. Worked well for me. Sounds like he wanted to get straight to ... what he wanted to do. :(

After hearing all of this, it makes me wonder why more people weren't onto this kid. He lived in the area. He talked to himself. Obsessed with death. Into mortuary science, etc... Didn't this crime have all the tell-tale signs? Didn't more people recognize that cross he wore?? You would think all of these things would have people calling in tips left and right!!!

I'm thinking if this was his interest and he talked about death, dead bodies, DNA etc...most around him probably thought that wasn't strange.
They probably encouraged his career and his studies and did not find it out of the ordinary for those around him to be hearing about it?

just my opinion

Nasty Grace says just now that since investigators are pitching a tent at suspects home, must mean he dismembered her there.

Well at least she might be making an *attempt to *keep up with the braking nooz for a change...

Got sick of her show long ago but REALLY..if you are going to do something like that do it right....please

Interview with Jessica's great-grandmother, Donna Moss, from an article linked upthread:

Moss also fears a second person was involved, citing Sigg's surprising young age.

"My heart just goes out to his mother because I can't understand how it would have to feel to be the mother of a monster like him," Moss.

Jessica's father, Jeremy Bryant, did not speak but was present when his grandmother and other family members spoke to the media Wednesday evening. Moss said Bryant is having a difficult time dealing with his daughter's death and is naturally experiencing overwhelming anger.
http://www.kpho.com/story/19903905/teen-faces-charges-for-abducting-killing-jessica-ridgeway

She also said that Jessica's mom and her dad had both returned to their respective jobs just yesterday.

Or anyone's house if Dad was a real estate agent and he had access to keys.

It's creepy, for the last week, real estate agent kept popping into my head. Last night I posted that perhaps JR was abducted by a real estate agent or used car salesman. Someone familiar thru commercials or billboards or whatever.

STOP. Dad is not the real estate agent!! MSM has already identified the dad.

The suspect told police that he will tell police where additional body parts are. Nancy says, " You mean theres a third spot"?

:what: Oh my!
I had an ant farm... and sea monkeys!

You may be correct. This kid may have been doing his own
version of it!

the horrors!

...also *might* point to his *first* victims under the guise of science. Might emphasis...

So reverse engineering this for a second. Do most people think that the Cops weren't really onto him and he may not have been caught had his he not talked to his mother. Knowing what we know now how could they have found him? Profile seemed wrong but once they had the DNA on the rag in the Kelser Lake case, then try to find people who purchase the material in that area? Once they didn't find anyone there go to other means in which people can quickly put them out. Formaldehyde is one. You then check to see how has access to that and find that one of the people in the area was studying to be a mortician.

Investigators are looking closely at a construction dumpster across the street from where suspect lives.

Did someone post an article that noted police announce the neighborhood closed to public access for several days?

I wonder if they can cross check the garbage bag that was found where part of her remains were (very hard to type that) to garbage bags that may be in the house?

Not that it really matters because we know he did it. I was curious because of Caylee's case and the duct tape. I know that was a very rare type of tape, but can forensics determine that in a roll of garbage bags?

So reverse engineering this for a second. Do most people think that the Cops weren't really onto him and he may not have been caught had his he not talked to his mother. Knowing what we know now how could they have found him? Profile seemed wrong but once they had the DNA on the rag in the Kelser Lake case, then try to find people who purchase the material in that area? Once they didn't find anyone there go to other means in which people can quickly put them out. Formaldehyde is one. You then check to see how has access to that and find that one of the people in the area was studying to be a mortician.

Ive been reading about this for the past couple hours.
Im leaning towards LE NOT having a good idea this kid was the perp.
So to answer your question, his mom turning him in was what lead to
his arrest.
imo

Posters have stated that Colorado swabs every person arrested for a felony and that the state also uses familial DNA in searches.

Since there was no hit in the Colorado system, I'm wondering if Sigg's father's DNA has even been added to the database yet.

Gotcha. Thanks. IF Sigg's father was arrested for a FELONY then it would be in the system since Colorado enacted Katie's Law in 2010.

I wonder if they can cross check the garbage bag that was found where part of her remains were (very hard to type that) to garbage bags that may be in the house?

Not that it really matters because we know he did it. I was curious because of Caylee's case and the duct tape. I know that was a very rare type of tape, but can forensics determine that in a roll of garbage bags?

You know....IIRC this was done when Caylee was found.
LE connected trash bags from the disposal spot to
trash bags found at the As home.

There are always reasons, but reasons aren't excuses. MOO.

there have to be reasons, but no, not excuses. a lack of reasons means people don't have to learn, or recognize signs, or do anything different. but we do have to do things differently. of course there are reasons.

I just thought of something...

If something like this ever happened in my house, I'd want to move. I wouldn't be able to ever have another peaceful night's sleep again. It would devastate me as a mother, absolutely kill me. I'd have to sell. However, if a murder takes place in a house, the real estate agent has to advise the prospective buyer of the murder - this is in some states, not all. I can't even imagine the amount of stress building up in this family right now. Jesus. My gosh.

Did someone post an article that noted police announce the neighborhood closed to public access for several days?

yes

the westy pd twitter

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
The nghbrhood around 10622 W. 102nd Ave will be closed to all but residents for the next couple of days. #jessicaridgeway #justiceforjessica
Expand
https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Gotcha. Thanks. IF Sigg's father was arrested for a FELONY then it would be in the system since Colorado enacted Katie's Law in 2010.

But didn't I read or hear somewhere that the father's felony was in 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member