Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's related but thought I would post anyway:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/crane_stephanie.html

Stephanie Crane was abducted while walking home from a bowling alley on October 11, 1993. This is 12 hours from where Jessica lives. LE thinks a man who committed suicide might be guilty, but they also have 5-10 POI's.

I keep thinking that this isn't the first abduction the perp has committed...

From the presser just a few minutes ago, they said they are not going to release a picture of the backpack or comment on the contents due to the investigation.

but we do know it is purple from resident who found the bag's description.

See Thread #2 - page #3 - post# 74

JMO

Twitter

John Aguilar ‏@abuvthefold
Neighbor told me backpack was in upright position on st, as if placed, not tossed. Had 'Jessica' keychain hanging off it.

LE does not want these types of details released for a reason. Come on Aguilar, it's not all about getting a scoop ...

And to think we've been sleeping with our windows open in the cooler weather. This just terrifies me. We don't lock our doors when we are home and I let my kids bike to their friends houses alone. And there is someone out there like this who could have scooped them up...I so want her found, returned home and this perp locked up.

Given that you're in Boulder, you might want to reconsider locking your doors, windows, etc. There've been several cases of criminals entering unlocked homes there and assaulting the residents.

LE should be able to determine if someone in Jessica's neighborhood has connections to the area where the backpack was found. A local posted up-thread that this isn't an area a casual driver would just happen upon. You kind of have to know it's there, it's not on the beaten path.

There is a close neighbor who has lived in Superior as well.

I agree with you about the wording, it seems odd to me. If there is a "good chance" Jessica has changed clothes, does that mean she did so voluntarily? Is there a reliable witness who saw Jessica after the abduction wearing different clothing? Did her mother notice clothes missing from Jessica's room other than what she wore to school that day?

I don't know why LE would say that and not elaborate on why they think she may have changed clothes, but they must have a reason. It just bugs me that I don't know what it is!:banghead:

IMO, I think it's pretty obvious the backpack had some of her clothing in it. And the cops are trying to keep a lid on the contents for the usual reasons--they get crazies calling in all the time saying they did it and they need to be able to say, "oh yeah, what was in the backpack?" without just spoon feeding the info to the press and into search engines.

The idea that she "changed" clothing is said for a couple of reasons...they don't want people to continue looking at a dead end clue (which is why they said anything at all) and secondly, they're trying to remain positive.

Depends on the perp. Ryan Brunn left a note stating where to find Jorelys' body about 24 hours after she was reported missing and some searches had taken place. Hell, he even helped search for her initially. Sicko.

ETA: It was 2 days later he taped the note to the trash compactor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/18/ryan-brunn-guilty_n_1212892.html

Speaking of perps searching for the missing person... I imagine LE was watching the searchers for just such activity...

Given that you're in Boulder, you might want to reconsider locking your doors, windows, etc. There've been several cases of criminals entering unlocked homes there and assaulting the residents.

O.o .... Ironically, we moved here from another state and I feel SO much safer here. Utterly false sense of security apparently.

I really think this perp, in addition to being a psychopath and pervert, has a deep seated grudge against these wholesome, safe neighborhoods. The way they are being targeted is like something right out of a crime show.

I hope they search the houses of everyone in the area where the backpack was found because I'm sorry that is strange that it was just found today when she's been missing since Friday morning.

I think it means they are moving her. Had her Fri, Sat and now has 2 days to relocate and get settled-- since today is a holiday. IMO

Yes to what everyone is saying about the backpack.

To me, it's a really really bad sign. Not just because it's indicative of Jessica's probable fate :( but because it's a bit of psychological terrorism. I think the perp was offended that no one noticed his successful abduction until late evening. He wants everyone to know that he is watching and that he can strike anywhere at anytime.

If they don't catch him there will be more children.

Wow....I couldn't agree more! AND, I think your comment about the WHY is SO intuitive. I had not thought of that - but it makes sense! Being offended that no one noticed for so long.

ALSO, IMO....these types of criminals (who kidnap/hurt/molest, etc) are truly deviant and "sick"....there is flaw in there make-up....almost down to a cellular level. I will NEVER believe that they can change, be rehabilitated, cured, fixed, etc. Once caught, they should NEVER be allowed out of prison. The chances of them re-offending are too high/too risky!:mad:

Hi all, I don't post often but read frequently!

I just wanted to say that something about the phrase 'there is a good chance she has changed clothes' bothers me. If the clothes she wore to school that day were found in her backpack, what makes them say she changed clothes, rather than them being removed from her body? If mom noticed additional clothes missing from her room, that would suggest that maybe Jessica planned to disappear (though I think 10 is awfully young to run away or meet someone online?) The wording 'there is a good chance she has changed clothes' implies to me voluntary action on Jessica's part and it isn't sitting well with me.

Maybe this is a delicate way of LE letting the public know there is a possibility that JR does not have those clothes on anymore...

This info in itself leads our minds in horrific areas... But framing it sensitively gives public a reason to think there is a chance she merely changed clothes...

Hope this makes sense...

and all JMO

I really think this perp, in addition to being a psychopath and pervert, has a deep seated grudge against these wholesome, safe neighborhoods. The way they are being targeted is like something right out of a crime show.

Maybe he hates suburbia? I am wondering if the perp lives in a rural area. It does remind me of a crime show, like Criminal Minds.

There is a close neighbor who has lived in Superior as well.

Hmmm...

I think definitely it was not random placement. As another poster pointed out up thread, both the area where she lives and area where backpack was found are not easily accessible. I think you would have to be somewhat familiar with the area. I have been in both areas and would have to agree. The area where she lives you would have to drive into and out of. And know her schedule. Plucking a child off of a street in broad daylight in a family neighborhood is pretty brazen.

I tend to agree with you about that. I can't think of a scenario where the abductor would wait for 36 hours or so (IIRC) and then drop the backpack in an out-of-the-way neighborhood in an effort to get rid of evidence. It seems that in the same period of time, he could easily have disposed of it in a much less conspicuous place.

That's why I think it was deliberately left there in an attempt to misdirect the investigation. I have no idea why it was left in that particular neighborhood, though, since it is apparently an out-of-the-way area. Maybe the neighborhood has some significance to the abductor, or maybe he just drove around aimlessly until he came upon the neighborhood.

IMO, if the abductor was calm enough to hang onto the backpack for so long before dumping/planting it (as opposed to dumping it in the nearest trash bin), then I don't see him being a panicky first time offender. I think the abductor has probably done this before, or has fantasized about it down to the last detail. JMO.

Deleted... May have crossed info from scanner thread... Am rechecking...:what:

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but have any of Jessica's family members been interviewed or given statements to the public?

I'm trying to think back to previous missing children's cases where the FBI is involved, and I'm kind of fuzzy about it, but don't they usually have the family make a plea if they feel a stranger is involved or even just a simple plea to the public for tips?

Also, do we know if mom had a boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf