CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow alot to catch up on today. I worked all day yesterday so checked today and was happy they have an arrest. I think the boys father who was obviously very aware of court proceedings probably got a hold of an attorney for his son. I hope as another poster stated that he will not be able to wiggle his way out of this due to now having an attorney. He is one sick individual and his mother did the right thing by calling LE on him. JMO.

based on the father's record (listed by the media)and current home (shown in the media photos), he is obviously successful and probably had a good lawyer.
would not surprise me if he did the same for his son.

Question:
How did he get a Mohawk? He did not have one in yesterday's mugshot.

I wondered the same, but in the video the reporter says spikey hair, not a mohawk. I guess we will have to wait for pictures to know the truth. jmo

He confessed.
Now the judicial process and lawyers and all the rest come in.

I want justice for Jessica. If he confessed then why all the legal haggling?:banghead:

Because he can still get up in front of the court and plead not guilty.

I hate that. Imo, if you confess, that should be it. No backing out, no trial. Straight to sentencing and then to prison. The perp has more rights in this country than the victim.

I am sure he will have a private lawyer. I just don't think that private lawyers could be showing up at the Juvenile Detention center yesterday or knocking on the mom's door yesterday. This was a very minor hearing. But no doubt he will end up with high end criminal defense (I think).

I totally agree. We may as well buckle up and expect a long drawn out legal battle. I dont think he will have the public defender too long. I expect some attorney will want the publicity to boost their career (win or lose).

IMO
Unfortuntely because of that tragic outcome with the Casey Anthony case, I feel it just made more attorneys think they can get as lucky to have an out of touch jury. I am still amazed of that outcome in her case. Although, IMO, i think the prosecuters made a critical mistake in her case by spending way too many days going over very complex chemical analysis, etc, that they confused the jury. They could have made that case short and sweet and probably could have gotten a conviction. They made the mistake of getting way too detailed and totally lost most people. Prosecuters need to learn from that, and realize that a jury usually only takes a few days max to make a decision. Get to the simple facts, and keep it simple. Dont go overboard like they did. They went so overboard, it seemed like they were trying to mislead the jury, even though they were trying to do the right thing.

I watched almost each day of that trial, and it was ridiculous all the details the prosecutors were trying to go over. Days and days and days of it. It was way too detailed and way too complex for the general public to try to comprehend IMO.

October 19, 2012-
Colorado Springs- Police said the child was walking in the parking lot of The Classical Academy school at 975 Stout Road when a man in a truck asked him to help find a lost puppy.

The boy said the middle-aged man was sitting in a brown, rusty, full-sized truck, possibly a Ford. The man never exited the truck or approached the child. The incident happened around 12:45 p.m.
http://www.krdo.com/news/Police-sear...z/-/index.html

Pulled from Foxfire post above #282

In the view yesterday from the news helicopter of the on going house search. There was a brown older rusty looking truck in that area. Like accross the street from the house that was being searched.

Due to a neighbor of Austin Reed Sigg's statement made on MS Media. I am very concerned about him having a sidekick/associate myself, QueenD.

http://www.greenepublishing.com/oldsitesave/archivethirtyseven.html
A Close Encounter With A Killer Mind
By Tyrra B Meserve
Greene Publishing, Inc.
Since the beginning of time, within every culture, in every society, there have been those who are incapable of adapting and blending within the boundaries of their communal environment. Driven by a force that is incomprehensible to the peers upon which they prey, they feed on the terror and panic their crimes leave in the heart of the community. Unable to control their carnal desires for more than just brief moments, they reside in the dark recesses of the mind, opportunistically seizing victims to compensate for shortcomings they themselves are unable to overcome. Behind false smiles, it is truly then that the eyes become the window to the soul, or in some cases, the lack thereof.
In most instances, the serial killer acts alone, extracting pleasure from the anonymity that he presents. However, in rare cases, these predators find in each other a kindred mind, linking up to work together, proving the old adage of water seeking its own level, even for heinous reasons. Whether the union is long-term, or short-lived, these serial killing partners present a unique problem for law enforcement officers trying to solve crimes.

read more-snipped

I remember hearing a neighbor speak on HLN when news first broke of an arrest. She stated his cats kept getting loose and making her dogs go nuts on one occasion. She asked him to keep the cats away. I wonder what the cats were running from :what:

That's right!! I remember reading that he had a bunch of cats that no one seemed to care for. Hmmm, wonder why?? As a cat lover, I'm getting ready to rumble!!

based on the father's record (listed by the media)and current home (shown in the media photos), he is obviously successful and probably had a good lawyer.
would not surprise me if he did the same for his son.

He had a public defender at the hearing this morning. Although, I also expect he will get a hired lawyer before next hearing.

October 19, 2012-
Colorado Springs- Police said the child was walking in the parking lot of The Classical Academy school at 975 Stout Road when a man in a truck asked him to help find a lost puppy.

The boy said the middle-aged man was sitting in a brown, rusty, full-sized truck, possibly a Ford. The man never exited the truck or approached the child. The incident happened around 12:45 p.m.
http://www.krdo.com/news/Police-sear...z/-/index.html

Pulled from Foxfire post above #282

In the view yesterday from the news helicoptor of the on going house search. There was a brown older rusty looking truck in that area. Like accross the street from the house that was being searched.

The brown truck is in the news video posted here. As the Jeep is being towed away to the left real quick look.

I was thinking about something like that. I was thinking about the thrill that a serial killer must experience plotting and planning, being clever, keeping secrets, evading experts. And I thought, what if someone could do those same things, but for achieving good? Could you get the same kind of thrill?

I remember hearing a sermon once about being just as clever for God as people are for selfish and criminal reasons. The minister recounted cases where people had gone to great lengths to commit fraud, for example, and tried to inspire the listeners to use that kind of ingenuity to do good in the world.

There is a book (that was made into a movie) called "Magnificent Obsession". It was about this kind of thing--secretly helping people in a huge way. It is kind of the converse of the murderers and frauds who secretly hurt people massively.

Several times I tried something like this in my own life. I heard about people who were in need and secretly mailed them either a money order or cash. I did get a thrill from knowing that I was helping in a totally anonymous way.

I think it could be elaborated on and made more "clever" than just sending someone money. Like the "random acts of kindness" thing, but taken to an ever greater magnitude.

CS Lewis wrote that evil could never be purely bad because it needed merits (like motivation, cleverness, etc.) in order to carry out its plans, so it always incorporated some degree of good. Another way of looking at it is that there are neutral tools a person has and its a matter of how s/he chooses to use those tools. A hammer can be used to build something useful, or to destroy and even kill. Intelligence, stealth, physical skill, scientific knowledge, etc. are all tools that can be used to make the world a better place, make people happier and healthier, or can be used for selfish reasons or to commit evil and hurt others.

JMO

:goodpost:

I've been looking but we may not see any since he was in Juvenal Court this morn.

No cameras. And only selected reporters allowed inside. It was technically a juvenile hearing, so no cameras/photos would be allowed anyways.

Source: Suspect Told Police Jessica’s Murder Brought Him No Joy

October 25, 2012,

Excerpt: "According to a source, when Sigg confessed to kidnapping and killing the little girl, he told police he didn’t receive the joy from it that he thought he would, so he went further."

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/25/source-suspect-told-police-jessicas-murder-brought-him-no-joy/

OMG!!
thank God he was caught, he never would have stopped.
the next would have been worse, if we can even imagine that!

Thank you for the post, TreeClimbingGirl. And see, *that* is my problem with the web. I am not so sure that an underage person, who is challenged by the layers of the net, and the desire to know tech, and to find what it hidden, has the strength of character and mind to NOT be drawn in. To NOT trip that trigger. I think the adults of this generation have NO CLUE how bad it is out there on the net, and how many of our young people are increasingly finding themselves *there* before they even could understand how it happened. In the past, there did have to be something wrong with you to be attracted to these perversities. You were offended against, or formed a fetish by being exposed young. Or there was a weakness already present in your brain, or constitution. But social mores, the lack of encouragement, and the lack of INSPIRATION may have kept some peopl on the right path.

Now? Seriously. Older pervs are regularly leading our CHILDREN to places like you speak of, on the net. How can you be 10 yrs old and see something like that, and NOT be f'ed up for life? Where do you go from there? It's not the same as it once was. It's so very dangerous.

I should have been working my tail off, instead I'm about 12 hours behind- eek!
-------------

Yep. Some of us just can't turn away and carry on a "normal" life when children are being murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand