CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 9News Live, AS was interviewed by LE for 6hrs yesterday and supposedly gave info to LE that only the killer would know
He is in court now, 9News has a reporter in the courtroom and will be updating as soon as it is over.

The Dna Revolution - A Vision Of The Future Three Billion Dollar Genetic Study -

billion dollary genetic study predict sociopathic behavior - Google Search
He studied law at Harvard and Columbia Universities. ... scientists from many countries, and cost approximately three billion dollars. ... Despite an inability to predict the course of the human genome project ... Genes would play a larger role in determining the propensities of behavior and the scope of criminal responsibility

the article does not say that genes have been found to predict criminal behavior. It says IF they do, what will happen

I have worked with families and children for 30 years. So what? I have seen 100% of the time what dysfunctional has done to families and children.

Smaller issues to bigger issues. No one is perfect and we all have our family issues to learn from as we mature into adults.

human, this link was posted as a reference. We discussed this genetic study/project a few threads back. If you research the study which has been in progress for over two decades, I believe you will find that it has been determined that sociopathic personalities & criminal behavior can now be predicted.

UMMMM If I had girls id have one of neighbors or friends do an abduction on my kids scare them sheetless. Would they hate me forever probably but id get to get up and look at their beautiful faces every day!

self defense classes. plain and simple. unless you train yourself to feel confident and use defense skills in a fearful situation, your freeze or flight instincts will kick in. usually freeze. the shock is enough to make you lose your fight ability. training to be able to supersede that shock and be able to defend yourself is critical.

I also think if school kids get laptops, they should also get gps tracker/panic buttons from their school. big brother concerns? simply have the gps activated by the panic button, or by the student when they will be in any vulnerable situation.
of course education and prevention would be a great place to start.

This wasn't as spontaneous as he says now. Looking at the maps on the earlier threads, where could he go from the abduction site? I mean, okay, there leads a street out, but to drive in there first, doesn't make sense unless he knew, what he would find in that street.
But then, like every other, I was already once wrong when it came to the age of that guy. So maybe, I am wrong with that question as well.

I got a few things from this video:

1. The neighbor says that they (LE) came over and took swabs from everyone. This tells me that they did not find DNA on Jessica's body or backpack. Otherwise, they could have already identified him.

2. "Because he was 17, I didn't believe her. I thought she was just being paranoid." This is a quote from the mother of the young girl who pointed AS out to her, indicating that the girl felt he was the one who killed Jessica. This is so unfortunate. Profilers assumed this perp was much older. They had most of us feeling like he was going to be some creepy old man, yet they encouraged everyone to report anything unusual, even gut feelings. How can one have a "gut feeling" (the mother), if LE is disuading her in a different direction?

3. They are still searching for the crime scene where he "dismembered" her body. Why would he confess to the crime, and even tell them where the rest of her remains were located, yet not tell them where he dismembered her?

4. He claims that he placed her backpack to distract LE from his direction. There were some on this board who predicted that. However, he hid her other body parts under his house. Why would he so openly "dispose" of her torso, to be found? Honestly, I think if he had hidden everything, they may still be looking for Jessica and he wouldn't have drawn attention to himself. Therefore, this tells me that it may have been his first human murder. I think he started acting weird, and couldn't handle it anymore, which is why he confessed to his Mom. The other thing that makes me think this is that he claimed that just killing her didn't give him the thrill that he thought it would, so he took it further.

I think I read that he wasn't around when DNA swabs were taken. I don't have link, but think read that here at WS.

Was it at 10 Eastern? Are we on the same time zone as Colorado?

10:07 eastern. what's happening at court? I have the live link up but nothing but those gorgeous mountains.

Colorado has been in the news for so much tragedy. But this state is absolutely gorgeous and there is far more good than evil. Granted, I am partial since I'm a native of Colorado. :seeya:

I have to wonder if AS was fantasizing about being some sort of Dexter character, where he was a murderer, but wanted a career as a serial murderer investigator. I truly believe that he expected to get away with it.

I think that when the description of Jessica's murderer came out as a 5'6"-5'8" brown haired male that probably lived in Westminster, who was connected to attacks in Ketner Park, and who lost a cross at the murder scene, AS's mother had no choice but to ask him about his cross. I think those conversations eventually led to the point where AS gave responses that told his mother that he was responsible.

I would also think there had to be a noticeable odor since he hid some of her remains in the crawl space under their house?

self defense classes. plain and simple. unless you train yourself to feel confident and use defense skills in a fearful situation, your freeze or flight instincts will kick in. usually freeze. the shock is enough to make you lose your fight ability. training to be able to supersede that shock and be able to defend yourself is critical.

I also think if school kids get laptops, they should also get gps tracker/panic buttons from their school. big brother concerns? simply have the gps activated by the panic button, or by the student when they will be in any vulnerable situation.
of course education and prevention would be a great place to start.

I think there is a backpack with a tracker in it. Isn't there a HS that uses gps trackers in student ID's that must be worn while in school and there is a controversy over that saying it's a violation of privacy. I'm all for GPS trackers in children/on children. If it were legal, I'd have my granddaughter chipped just like my cats and dogs are, except hers would be a gps tracker. This world is getting way too far gone and ridiculous!

I would also think there had to be a noticeable odor since he hid some of her remains in the crawl space under their house?

Wonder if his mother found something or detected the odor.

Will there be a plea today? Or just arraignment and charges presented?

I almost wonder if he didn't - in his immature mind - think that by leaving part of her where it could be found that he thought the search would subside. He may have thought that if they knew she was no longer alive and even suspected wild animals were to blame, that the search would stop and he would be off the hook.

He may have been so intent on possessing a body that he didn't think farther down the road to the fact that there would be a monumental search for his victim, and then when the entire area became paralyzed while DNA swabs were taken, homes were searched, etc., he felt the need to do something to stop the frenzy as a last-ditch effort to possibly remain anonymous.

I totally agree with this. I really think he thought he could get away with it, and I think the only reason he placed part of her remains near the fence was to try to get LE to stop looking for her. He totally made a mistake because that made LE search all the harder. I think the reason of the partial remains was an attempt at providing hardly any traceable DNA type evidence back to him.

This person was not prepared for the intense efforts by LE. He was hoping it would just fade away, and he made many mistakes.

I know! Forget lab...makes me wanna go for a run!

ot
It's crazy cause I just want to run those mountains and then remember that I quit running the trails here (in MI)a couple years ago after reading about gary hilton and our local transient guy scared the crap out of me, miles into the trail walking along w/ his dog and no shoes. I have never backed away or ran but that day I did and never went alone again. I makes mad. so angry. i even try to test my courage and go to the trailhead then freak myself out.

I think there is a backpack with a tracker in it. Isn't there a HS that uses gps trackers in student ID's that must be worn while in school and there is a controversy over that saying it's a violation of privacy. I'm all for GPS trackers in children/on children. If it were legal, I'd have my granddaughter chipped just like my cats and dogs are, except hers would be a gps tracker. This world is getting way too far gone and ridiculous!

At a missing person conference that I attended whistles were handed out by an organization founded by the parents of a missing/murdered son. I thought this was an excellent idea as well as affordable. All my grandchildren never leave home without them..

Recommended by John Walsh:
http://www.greatcall.com/lp-5star-responder/child-locator.aspx

Protect and locate your child anywhere at any time. 5Star Urgent Response™ with GPS allows parents to keep their children safe with the touch of a button. Better than a cell phone, the 5Star Responder™ provides instant access to help during any emergency or threatening situation. Learn More about 5Star Responder Now…

5Star Urgent Response™ Features:
GPS Child Locator – Track your kid’s location online.
Instant Access to Help – One button connects them to you and emergency services including 9-1-1, poison control, LiveNurse and more.
Works Anywhere – Coverage provided by one of the nation’s largest and most reliable networks

I wonder if after getting her into vehicle if he jumped back into driver's seat and strangled her from there. i can't imagine him next to his door doing this openly. after the intital rush of getting her and tying her up.

Agree, and the area of abduction is supposed to be a very busy area??

At a missing person conference that I attended whistles were handed out by an organization founded by the parents of a missing/murdered son. I thought this was an excellent idea as well as affordable. All my grandchildren never leave home without them..

Recommended by John Walsh:
http://www.greatcall.com/lp-5star-responder/child-locator.aspx

Protect and locate your child anywhere at any time. 5Star Urgent Response™ with GPS allows parents to keep their children safe with the touch of a button. Better than a cell phone, the 5Star Responder™ provides instant access to help during any emergency or threatening situation. Learn More about 5Star Responder Now…

5Star Urgent Response™ Features:
GPS Child Locator – Track your kid’s location online.
Instant Access to Help – One button connects them to you and emergency services including 9-1-1, poison control, LiveNurse and more.
Works Anywhere – Coverage provided by one of the nation’s largest and most reliable networks

Sounds awesome, I think I will look into that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery