CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

What stands out to me, in this news clip, is the 20 something female who was reminded of the occasions that she saw Sigg and two of his friends on the path near Stanley Lake. She states she "...just knew they were up to something."

Note: She also looks similar to the young female neighbor and Jessica. Thin blonde with the colored glasses.

This hearing will probably be pretty non-eventful. First court appearances usually just set a schedule for arraignment and determine if bond is appropriate (which I bet in this case, he isn't going anywhere). But I guess we'll see.

... I guess LE needs to add "students missing class" in their future profiles!

Not only them. And also "mortuary science" as possible way to give younger offenders the experience with dead bodies to pull of such a dismembering. If Sigg would have gotten away with that first murder, one can only wonder, how long it would have taken for the next and then the next and so on. Between CSI training, additional experience with dead bodies and probably a bit studying older cases, he was on the way to make himself the perfect psychopath.

I am curious to see if anyone noticed scratches or injury on AS on the 5th of Oct.
Personally I think the coward used a chemical to knock little one out.
Then he drove home hog tied her and killed her in the car in the garage.
Private.
Then he did what he did in his own home. JMOO

I have to wonder if the mother, family members, teachers, and others around Sigg ever saw warning signs that all was not well with him. For that reason, I am hoping to learn about the evidence seized from the home.

In my personal experience as a teacher, I have often found that teens who are headed for trouble left warning signs for a long time.

There was a frequently absent student who left behind a notebook in the classroom. In an effort to discover its owner, I glanced at a few of the drawings inside and comments. It took about 2 minutes for me to figure out which of my 130 students it belonged to. There were doodles from various video games and the comment that "life is not worth living if you have to just go to work to keep going" and "video games are the only reason to live." He ended up in a mental health facility for treatment. Mom knew about this, but covered for him. According to her, "Dad and I were divorced and my son and I fought all the time. So, I decided to give him whatever he wanted, just to have peace."

After a pipe bomb was discovered in our school, the culprit was identified. When searching the house, LE found everything needed to make that bomb in the basement. Mom and Dad said that they never noticed!

So far, in this case, all we have is that neighborhood girl who was freaked out by his stare. Her mom dismissed her comment. What harm would have been done if she had informed LE? If he had been innocent, he would never have been named or arrested.

human, this link was posted as a reference. We discussed this genetic study/project a few threads back. If you research the study which has been in progress for over two decades, I believe you will find that it has been determined that sociopathic personalities & criminal behavior can now be predicted.

here is a quote from the study that is the reference?

Taking these studies of the limbic brain one step further, scientists have examined the relationship between biology and human conditions such as addiction, personality disorder, and antisocial behavior. While no specific genes were isolated that proved to be the causal agents of these conditions, the scientists did conclude that genetics influenced an individual's propensity for antisocial behavior. For example, sociopathic, alcoholic fathers were twice as likely to have children exhibiting sociopathic behavior than parents without such attributes, and psychopathic fathers were more likely to have psychopathic children.

My input: alcoholism, for instance, is considered to be genetic. If one never drinks, then the alcoholism will not happen .

I am not surprised that children raised by sociopaths or psychopaths have issues. How could they not?

Children don't have a clue that the home life they have is not OK. They think that's the way it is.

I like what one parent on here had to say how s/he raised the children to learn about options and make decisions.

Respecting your children is where it's at as far as I am concerned.

There is no way that a human can be put into toxic waste ( a horrible home life) and come out unscathed.

It costs society billions of dollars in prison, social services, medical, school , what else? costs. Penny wise, pound foolish is the way I see it

Rope could be in the backseat floorboard-- and zipties could be stored in the glove box... my dad always had some in the console of his truck so he could grab them quickly if he needed them, (for farming purposes-- NOT abductions)

Plus, this was an SUV, it didn't have a trunk; cargo area is accessible from the back seat.

I too keep a bag in my car ... it contains bungee cords, zip ties, rope, duct tape, a tow strap, jumper cables, a blanket, a shovel, extra water, a headlamp ... um, what else ... I think I'm going to put a flask of vodka in it, too ;-) Anyway, I never thought about it before, but I could totally murder someone and dispose of the body (at night) with those tools. I have them not for murder, of course, but in case I get stuck, or someone else gets stuck, or if I'm camping or skiing and need such items, etc. Not strange at all around here to have those things in a vehicle.

Compare this mother to Cindy Anthony - she did the right thing and is not blindly defending her child. She can still love him, but still make him accept consequences for his actions.

I have to wonder if the mother, family members, teachers, and others around Sigg ever saw warning signs that all was not well with him. For that reason, I am hoping to learn about the evidence seized from the home.

In my personal experience as a teacher, I have often found that teens who are headed for trouble left warning signs for a long time.

There was a frequently absent student who left behind a notebook in the classroom. In an effort to discover its owner, I glanced at a few of the drawings inside and comments. It took about 2 minutes for me to figure out which of my 130 students it belonged to. There were doodles from various video games and the comment that "live is not worth living if you have to just go to work to keep going" and "video games are the only reason to live." He ended up in a mental health facility for treatment. Mom knew about this, but covered for him. According to her, "Dad and I were divorced and my son and I fought all the time. So, I decided to give him whatever he wanted, just to have peace."

After a pipe bomb was discovered in our school, the culprit was identified. When searching the house, LE found everything needed to make that bomb in the basement. Mom and Dad said that they never noticed!

So far, in this case, all we have is that neighborhood girl who was freaked out by his stare. Her mom dismissed her comment. What harm would have been done if she had informed LE? If he had been innocent, he would never have been named or arrested.

I posted this same thing last night; other than his "obsession with death", which lots of a certain type of teens have, and even that could be "explained" by his interest in forensics, what else is there, I wonder? Does he really have a record, or is that a media tease, i.e. saying his juvenile record can't be released-does that mean he HAS one, or are they just saying in a sensational kind of way that juvenile records can't be released, inferring he has one? It would be scarier, IMO, if he does not have a record or at least a history of some sort that pointed to more than just a "goth" teen who was anti-social, etc...

Plus, this was an SUV, it didn't have a trunk; cargo area is accessible from the back seat.

I too keep a bag in my car ... it contains bungee cords, zip ties, rope, duct tape, a tow strap, jumper cables, a blanket, a shovel, extra water, a headlamp ... um, what else ... I think I'm going to put a flask of vodka in it, too ;-) Anyway, I never thought about it before, but I could totally murder someone and dispose of the body (at night) with those tools. I have them not for murder, of course, but in case I get stuck, or someone else gets stuck, or if I'm camping or skiing and need such items, etc. Not strange at all around here to have those things in a vehicle.

BBM;:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: nearly shot diet coke out my nose LOLing!! Needed that!!! (although if you were caught in the cold stuck on the side of the road-- it'd keep you warm from the inside!)

What is surprising to me is since he had some classes related to CSI, it seems he would have learned how hard it is to get away with something so horrible such as this. It just surprises me how he thought he could cover all his tracks, because I am sure he learned how hard that actually is from his classes. Something made him make the decision that he could get away with it, and maybe it was just a narcisitic attitude.

It is scary to me how close he actually got to getting away with it. In a strange way, I am thinking maybe he wanted to be the one to give himself up because he still wanted to claim that nobody would have figured it out, if he hadnt turned himself in. I found it a little odd how his mom may have called LE, but he himself turned himself in. Wondering if that is part of his narcisim in that he wanted to be the one to proviide the answers and not admit he was actually caught by anyone.

If not for the cross being dropped and his Mom being a great person to do the right thing, I am afraid he would have not been caught for a long time. This was a very dangerous person.

KKTV 11 News ‏@kktv11news

BREAKING NEWS: No charges today for the suspect in the #JessicaRidgeway murder. Austin Sigg will be back in court for that on Oct. 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn