CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for Jessica and her family, but also for his family as well. I can't imagine how the baby you give birth to, swaddle, sing lullabies to, feed, change diapers, snap pictures of on the first day of school, the baby you worry about every day and every night, turns into such a monster. Brings me to tears. His family must be in a complete state of shock.

To know your child is mentally "off" is one thing. To find out they murdered and dismembered a child is another entirely. No mother, however in tune with their kid's problems, is going to anticipate that.

He can't plead until he's charged, right? How can he plead guilty when he hasn't been told what he's charged with?

Today was probably just to transfer him from Juvenile to Adult system ..

imo

That is what I thought I understood also. The reporter on 9News was out of breath and they must have been out of time cause not much discussion at all.

As per Anastasia Bolton, who was in the courtroom:

His family was sobbing. When he came in the courtroom he looked a bit at his family. He was alert. Was paying attention. Was asking the Judge questions. The DA plans to charge him as an adult. This was a juvenile hearing were he was referred by his lawyer as a child. For now he remains in juvenile custody. He will be transferred into County Jail on Tuesday when he will be charged as an adult. His case will then go to District Court instead of Juvenile Court.

I find it telling that he has been treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction and also that his family went out of the country "on vacation" shortly after the Ketner abduction attempt. I think mom knew he was "off". And for a long time. Also questioning his story that he strangled her right away. How do we know she wasn't alive in the basement all weekend? I guess we don't. Why did he take additional days off of school after the weekend? Just my thoughts. It's sad and scary that there are kids this broken in our society.

7NEWS DenverChannel ‏@DenverChannel
#JessicaRidgeway murder hearing: judge orders suspect Austin Sigg held without bond

7NEWS DenverChannel ‏@DenverChannel
#JessicaRidgeway murder hearing: DA planning to prosecute suspect Austin Sigg as an adult

1h 7NEWS DenverChannel ‏@DenverChannel
#JessicaRidgeway murder suspect Austin Sigg seemed calm in this morning's hearing, "like an observer"

No formal charges yet in #JessicaRidgeway murder case, suspect Austin Sigg held of suspicion of first degree murder and attempted murder

Family of #JessicaRidgeway filled an entire row in suspect's court hearing, almost all wore shades of purple -- her favorite color

All documents related to #JessicaRidgeway case remain under seal, but not under gag order

Suspect Austin Sigg in #JessicaRidgeway murder being charged in 2 separate cases, next case is Tuesday at 10 a.m.

Suspect Austin Sigg in #JessicaRidgeway murder represented by court-appointed attorney, revoke waiver of his rights

Suspect Austin Sigg in #JessicaRidgeway murder appeared in court in bright green jumpsuit, with mother present

http://twitter.com/DenverChannel

My heart breaks for Jessica and her family, but also for his family as well. I can't imagine how the baby you give birth to, swaddle, sing lullabies to, feed, change diapers, snap pictures of on the first day of school, the baby you worry about every day and every night, turns into such a monster. Brings me to tears. His family must be in a complete state of shock.

To know your child is mentally "off" is one thing. To find out they murdered and dismembered a child is another entirely. No mother, however in tune with their kid's problems, is going to anticipate that.

And to find out that parts of her are still in your home. OMG! I just can't imagine. And his poor brother.

Did they find more and need time to get more on him before they charge him officially?

He's going to be charged as an adult, so Tuesday that will happen and he'll be tranferred to county jail.

LE Interviewing his actual friends is very important. I noticed that he and his friend, seen in his kitchen, and AS, seen in his junior yearbook picture, are wearing very similar black t-shirts with white airy designs. The friend chose to wear his, with skulls, for his interview about AS, the accused/confessed child murderer. That, in and of itself, is just creepy.

IMO he didn't think about what he was wearing. The girls looking at the yearbook, I noticed had piercings and wore a lot of black-- even the black fingernails (which I've done before)-- just a look for most 'kids'-- one to shock and upset 'straighter laced' parents... (then again i'm tattooed and have had piercings so maybe I don't pay attention as much to how they dress)

What questions did he ask the judge?

I find it telling that he has been treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction and also that his family went out of the country "on vacation" shortly after the Ketner abduction attempt. I think mom knew he was "off". And for a long time. Also questioning his story that he strangled her right away. How do we know she wasn't alive in the basement all weekend? I guess we don't. Why did he take additional days off of school after the weekend? Just my thoughts. It's sad and scary that there are kids this broken in our society.

Is the *advertiser censored* addiction verified?

KDVR reported was a regular Juvenile detention hearing to see if they have enough cause to hold him in Juvenile detention. Held without bond. (Sounds like something they do in all Juvenile cases).

Someone back a few pages ago asked about media coverage of court proceedings in James Holmes case and how much information we get from court hearings in that case.

About zero is the answer. There is another hearing this afternoon in that case in which the defense is alleging the prosecution violated the gag order re: leaking stuff about the supposed "packet" mailed to his psychiatrist to national Fox news. But generally we learn very little, there are no cameras (except at his first hearing), and the gag orders are strict and everything sealed. Victims' lawyers have been trying to get access to documents for civil suits and so far they have been denied access as well.

If anyone finds out what court was all about, please tell us...
I know he probably did not need to enter a plea today, but why wouldn't charges be read?

ETA: So this is about trying to keep case as juvenile?

It is because he is a juvenile that he was in youth court today. However, prosecutors would have informed the court that they intend to try him as an adult, so that process has now started and on Tuesday he will be charged as an adult, and moved to the county jail.

Today, he was referred to as a child.

do you have a link to this info?

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive

1st time today, saw some movement at scene of #AustinSigg's home. Police backed a large truck into driveway, possibly to load or unload..

KDVR reported was a regular Juvenile detention hearing to see if they have enough cause to hold him in Juvenile detention. Held without bond. (Sounds like something they do in all Juvenile cases).

Someone back a few pages ago asked about media coverage of court proceedings in James Holmes case and how much information we get from court hearings in that case.

About zero is the answer. There is another hearing this afternoon in that case in which the defense is alleging the prosecution violated the gag order re: leaking stuff about the supposed "packet" mailed to his psychiatrist to national Fox news. But generally we learn very little, there are no cameras (except at his first hearing), and the gag orders are strict and everything sealed. Victims' lawyers have been trying to get access to documents for civil suits and so far they have been denied access as well.

According to Denver Post crime reporter Jessica Fender, Sigg's defense counsel is seeking a gag order.

Jessica Fender ‏@Oh_Fender
Defense for accused teen killer Austin Sigg seeks gag order in #jessicaridgeway case
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Is the *advertiser censored* addiction verified?

Sorry.....still learning how to link. It's on KDVR. Reporter said a family member had verified he had been treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction at 15. And also that family had left country to Virgin Islands after Ketner attempt. If MODS want to remove my post until it can be verified and linked, that's fine. I'll learn how someday....

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/1...ested-in-connection-of-jessica-ridgeway/#name

This link was posted by someone up thread. On pic #36 it says that investigators are looking at the back yard and it's referred to as a crime scene. Do you think he was brazen enough to have dismembered sweet Jessica in his own backyard?

Either that or he's got remains out there 'Body Farm'ing them... Or could just be the entire property is being considered a CS???? :moo::moo:

I can't imagine what it's like to have to be an attorney for these sick guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member