CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not under the name given up thread Dohastvath.
Under that spokeo only comes up with
You tube
UStream TV
Instagram

Speaking of Instagram, did everybody see the picture he had of what looked like the recovery site of Jessica's remains that had a vertical funnel like cloud topped by a hand with a pointed silver spear thingy coming out of the thumb?

Has that been mentioned/discussed? I've missed pages here and there.

ITA. Too many times people on the boards have blamed parents, suspected parents and even out right said they believe the parent actually committed the crime - only to find out later the information they were working with was incorrect, skewed by the media or the thought had no basis other than speculation. In some cases, the parents have given good reason to be suspect and are under the eyes of the LE, those are not the cases I am speaking of. My personal opinion is that a parent gets the benefit of doubt unless there is LE stated reason to suspect them. Bottom line, parenting is the hardest job there is, just ask any involved parent. Teens are particularly difficult as they often want more freedom than is good for them. MOST parents are doing the best they can and truly want what is best for their children. Unless given good reason, my fingers will not be pointing at a parent.

I would never point, but I would urge parents be more vigilant. Know your children's friends, where they're going, if their plans change they need to call, need to check in regularly. I've always told mine I need to know where, when and who. In this case, I don't think it would have made any difference. IMO she was dead as soon as they got her downstairs.

I am very, very sorry for your experience. As you know from all the pros you've talked to, the individual who did this was irresponsible and wrong.

I did not realize it at the time - I thought it was normal! - but I was very fortunate to have a PDoc who listened to me and treated me more like a colleague than a patient. He knew that I needed his medical expertise, but that he needed something from me, too - the "data"! The first visit, he explained to me that I was never to assume that he was right and I was wrong about any medication. It was like an experiment we would run together, and if something made me feel worse or didn't help, I needed to tell him honestly and not assume "doctor knows best." and that's what we have done, since I was 17. It has been trial and error. He would tell me the side effects, explain what he believed the benefits were for me in particular, and ask me, "What are your thoughts?"

I wish every person could share this experience when it comes to mental health.

Thanks, it was no fun but I'm Glad that now I can say we have both learned. And ITA, now I myself have had a great experience like the one you described you had. I had found myself in what felt like several cold, clinical, impersonal environments. It was very bizarre and very uncomfortable to sit there with a stranger, especially on that first visit, to tell this person your history and issues and have them dictate to you what you will take. The pDoc who eventually worked so well described it as a partnership (sounds like what yours was telling you, as well!) and always made it clear that this field is subjective. The patient should expect to change, the meds may need adjustments, and that's all normal. My family member was scared to call that doc who messed her up. That should NOT be the case when you're dealing with a mental health pro. There has to be a mutual trust and an open dialogue. Again ITA agree with your experience being the ideal !:great:

I always thought you had to be 19 before you could get a GED, but that must be a Minnesota thing. My son would have been 17 when he graduated, but he dropped out in his senior year. He took the entrance exam for Brown Institute shortly after that because he wanted to learn more computer programming (he had already taught himself a few languages, but this was many years ago). He was told that he was the first person to get 100% on the test, and his interviewer helped him get a waiver for his GED. He got his when he was 17, and eventually did get a BS in Computer Science - programming with a 4.0 GPA.

I also dropped out at 16, and got my GED at 21. I started college at 26. I'm not as smart as my sons, but I did have over a 3.0 with both the AA and the BS, and a 4.0 with eh MS. I don't really think getting a GED tells a whole lot about people. MOO

I agree. It is the same in the area where I live, two of my three children got some of their college classes out of the way during their senior year of high school. But from what I understand he actually dropped out of high school and got a GED. Is that incorrect?

That seems to be the correct story.

Someone (sorry I don't remember the name) posted a photograph of a graffiti cross on one of those old buildings. It is shaped the same way as the cross that was found. Makes me wonder if he visited those buildings in the past and drew that cross there.

ETA: It was writer7 who posted those photos. I don't know how to link a post. It is post 882 in thread 17

Now that we know he is from the area and probably a life long resident, I think anything is possible. There may be stuff everywhere. jmo

I'm so sorry to ask these questions but when LE said her body was not intact I never considered it being dismembered. I thought more of organs having been removed and eyeballs. So sorry to suggest this. Do we know what was found in the field and the condition of what was found? Were the organs intact?
Again, so sorry to mention this but I just can't stop thinking about them saying her body was not intact. They did not say dismembered. Bothers me.

It has been reported that a torso was found in the open space, and that additional body parts were found in the basement of his mother's house. Nothing more is really known, except that a bag or bags were found near a culvert on Leyden Road, near the old mine.

I'm sort of confused myself. But he dropped out, went to an alternative school (I'm thinking for his GED) and I *think* he's in a tech school now. But don't quote me on that. I read it really early on and so now when I see it in the articles I just gloss over it.
But he did not graduate high-school, he has just a GED. I think he had some trouble around the age of 15 and things took a different route. JMO based on various MSM random bits of information.

At the time of the arrest he was attending Arapahoe Community College. It may be whatever happened when he was 15, the bullying, just wanting to move on to college faster, who knows. But as I stated in the original post, it isn't fair to judge a GED earner differently because there are many valid reasons to get a GED over traditional graduation. (although it is a shame they miss the fun stuff about being a senior... senior trips, prom, etc)

Speaking of Instagram, did everybody see the picture he had of what looked like the recovery site of Jessica's remains that had a vertical funnel like cloud topped by a hand with a pointed silver spear thingy coming out of the thumb?

Has that been mentioned/discussed? I've missed pages here and there.

Yes that's his last or most recent photo. I didn't think about that (the area). Now I have to go back and stare at it because I haven't driven myself insane enough with this stuff lol. I feel SO bad for the gf of his. She has to be just terrified of everything at this point.

At the time of the arrest he was attending Arapahoe Community College. It may be whatever happened when he was 15, the bullying, just wanting to move on to college faster, who knows. But as I stated in the original post, it isn't fair to judge a GED earner differently because there are many valid reasons to get a GED over traditional graduation. (although it is a shame they miss the fun stuff about being a senior... senior trips, prom, etc)

I wasn't judging I dropped out of HS, I have a college education now but I dropped out and had my GED. I wish I had a prom :(

I would never point, but I would urge parents be more vigilant. Know your children's friends, where they're going, if their plans change they need to call, need to check in regularly. I've always told mine I need to know where, when and who. In this case, I don't think it would have made any difference. IMO she was dead as soon as they got her downstairs.

ITA with the parenting things you mention. That is an active and invested parent. Unfortunately not all parents are active and invested.
PS I was not talking about you. It was an overall view of what happens on the boards sometimes.

I always thought you had to be 19 before you could get a GED, but that must be a Minnesota thing. My son would have been 17 when he graduated, but he dropped out in his senior year. He took the entrance exam for Brown Institute shortly after that because he wanted to learn more computer programming (he had already taught himself a few languages, but this was many years ago). He was told that he was the first person to get 100% on the test, and his interviewer helped him get a waiver for his GED. He got his when he was 17, and eventually did get a BS in Computer Science - programming with a 4.0 GPA.

I also dropped out at 16, and got my GED at 21. I started college at 26. I'm not as smart as my sons, but I did have over a 3.0 with both the AA and the BS, and a 4.0 with eh MS. I don't really think getting a GED tells a whole lot about people. MOO

I received my GED in NYC at 16 (it was in the 90's). I went into college at 17. Not sure if that helps but that was how old I was at that time. If I had to have waited my life would have went really south.

I'm sort of confused myself. But he dropped out, went to an alternative school (I'm thinking for his GED) and I *think* he's in a tech school now. But don't quote me on that. I read it really early on and so now when I see it in the articles I just gloss over it.
But he did not graduate high-school, he has just a GED. I think he had some trouble around the age of 15 and things took a different route. JMO based on various MSM random bits of information.

This is what I understand. He went to Standley HS through last year, but was also doing an "alternative" program at the tech school that focused on forensic science. And then he dropped and and took his GED and enrolled at Arapahoe CC (which has the only accredited/certified program in mortuary science in the state of Colorado).

sorry... O/T...

My hubby was camping in freezing weather with Boy Scouts...

One of his tent mates pee-peed out the tent, not wanting to go outside in the cold.

seems he pee-peed right into his own shoes...and it was frozen over night!

and he didn't have an extra pair!

:cold:

:giggle:

Clue, it is so good to have you around.

I am very, very sorry for your experience. As you know from all the pros you've talked to, the individual who did this was irresponsible and wrong.

I did not realize it at the time - I thought it was normal! - but I was very fortunate to have a PDoc who listened to me and treated me more like a colleague than a patient. He knew that I needed his medical expertise, but that he needed something from me, too - the "data"! The first visit, he explained to me that I was never to assume that he was right and I was wrong about any medication. It was like an experiment we would run together, and if something made me feel worse or didn't help, I needed to tell him honestly and not assume "doctor knows best." and that's what we have done, since I was 17. It has been trial and error. He would tell me the side effects, explain what he believed the benefits were for me in particular, and ask me, "What are your thoughts?"

I wish every person could share this experience when it comes to mental health.

As for AS and what I'll assume was failed therapy for his apparent *advertiser censored* addiction, and in general... I know therapy and treatment is not "cool" for teens. Especially boys. When I was growing up in my hometown, alot of the boys ended up in court- mandated therapy /treatment for drugs or alcohol or other minor legal troubles. I can't remember any of them speaking positively about the experiences. If they did have positive experiences, it certainly wouldn't be "cool" to discuss. AS is on his own level in terms of cruelty, but there is also a societal issue with our boys in that they're not encouraged to talk about problems or emotions or bullying. It starts early. Idon't think all parents do it on purpose either. But by the time the hormones hit and things get tough, there's a lot of anger and personal problems get turned outward. Strikes me as a massive issue. jmo.

Someone (sorry I don't remember the name) posted a photograph of a graffiti cross on one of those old buildings. It is shaped the same way as the cross that was found. Makes me wonder if he visited those buildings in the past and drew that cross there.

ETA: It was writer7 who posted those photos. I don't know how to link a post. It is post 882 in thread 17

If you remember that one off the tags was what looked to be the letter A.. Maybe it was him, for Austin..

his family also went to the Virgin Islands and stayed in a resort after the Ketner attempt. so dunno how the bankruptcy works with that...

(a trip with $Dad$, once school was out for the summer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444