CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Know said that he or she was impressed that the police received 9000+ tips in this case, compared to 3000+ in the Isabel Celis case. But a case like Jessica's is going to lead to more tips, due to the fact that LE didn't have a clear suspect. If LE in Isabel's case had said, "We believe a predator is on the loose" and never released any info about this suspect, that would be a different story. But it seems like comparing apples and oranges.

Also, not all tips are sent in with the best intentions. You have trolls, fake joke confessions, conspiracy theorists, weirdos, pranksters, etc.

I see what you are saying comparing the two cases. And yes, they probably get some pranks, etc but I do believe most people who would actually call in a tip, truly believe it may have value. I am thankful for all who called in tips because the one they needed was one of them.

I don't believe there would be 9399 false tips nor 3000 either. Many tips are parts of the puzzle, like I saw him driving on this street, she was at the bank when I stopped that morning at 8:15, etc..

Impressed as it appears the community came together & were very active in reporting what they might know. They said, every tip no matter how small and it appears the town took that seriously. Tucson is a town with over 500K, a county of almost one million...There was very little community involvement when Isabel disappeared. Very little as far as keeping her name out there. The parents are just now coming out once every 4 to 6 weeks...

I don't know why I'm even answering your post but...hth though.

What does that mean? :waitasec: Was there something wrong with what I asked?

One time I was in the computer lab at my college and I was taking a test. About 2 minutes in a *advertiser censored* show appeared on my screen-complete with sound! The room had about 25 people in it. I tried to make it stop but nothing I did worked. One of the lab techs had to unplug the computer from the outlet (wish I had thought of that). I was so shook up I left with a bright red face, sweat poring all over and without finishing the test. I am very shy and quiet and I was horrified! so much for filters that day! lol

I'm. Loan away from this case. I hate *advertiser censored* bc of this. I really think it makes u have thoughts u can't fulfill. Why did this monster kill her And why shouldn't he be dismembered.

That's exactly what I considered creepy and chilling NO sound but a little engine noise- no breathing even!

I'm. Loan away from this case. I hate *advertiser censored* bc of this. I really think it makes u have thoughts u can't fulfill. Why did this monster kill her And why shouldn't he be dismembered.

This should say blown away. I hate apple!

Let me look and see if that county in CO has their real estate assessments and/or tax payments online otto.

Sometimes floor plans or details about home are listed on those sites (which I know you probably already know) but i'll go look. Give me a few.

If that doesn't pan out you may want to try Zillow . com

If AS's mother hadn't called him in, I wonder how long it would be before LE ran his DNA and got the match. Months? Years? I think the collecting of voluntary DNA was more about seeing who refused, than it was about checking them all. The thought was probably "Anyone who gives DNA couldn't have done it". Maybe AS figured that and was planning on committing more crimes soon with the thrill of knowing LE had his DNA.

If AS's mother hadn't called him in, I wonder how long it would be before LE ran his DNA and got the match. Months? Years? I think the collecting of voluntary DNA was more about seeing who refused, than it was about checking them all. The thought was probably "Anyone who gives DNA couldn't have done it". Maybe AS figured that and was planning on committing more crimes soon with the thrill of knowing LE had his DNA.

I wonder too, if they really intended to run all 500 or so. Maybe they would be more inclined to run those who also matched up to various anonymous tips, or even check to see if any of those collected had actually been named by a tipster. It is a very expensive process as well as time-consuming.

I have my doubts as to whether a 17-year old would have been at the front of the line for testing, all other things being equal, i.e. if he did not set off any alarms (other than being a kind of weird teenager.)

I was shocked by the term hogtied, rather than saying tied up. I also wonder who used the term. I had no idea it was a term used in anything other than being used on animals.
-------

Sorry, but the term: hogtied as applied to victims isn't shocking to me.

Over the past 10 yrs. of my doing crime research there are many cases where the perp. has done that.

Look it up.

Sorry, I am tired of doing everyone else's work.

And yes, I have been a violent crime victim myself, several times over, have loved ones who have been, can empathize with victims of violent crime. That's why I post on this site, and other sites over the years, and have the college degrees and honors to prove my intellectual interests.

Even after 10 years, there are cases I hear about on investigative programs, through research that I never knew about...

Random thoughts:

When AS confessed to his mom, he already knew LE had his DNA. Maybe he hoped his mom would help him leave the country or something, not turn him in. I don't think there was any possibility she would have, but AS may have thought so little of the crime and so highly of himself to believe it.

Whatever he put in the crawlspace was buried or in containers or at least heavily covered - to hide from view and to reduce the smell so it wouldn't be obvious from inside the home.

I think he had previously done allot of dismembering with animals and he was escalating.

Anyone who has had the misfortune to associate closely with a sociopath knows AS's personality. Sociopaths can have different interests, habits & motivations but the way they interact with other people is amazingly similar. There is no rehab for these people.

I highly doubt there was an accomplice.

I go back and forth on the accomplice issue. Perhaps he had an audience either in person or a live feed/online. For some reason, it feels like there are other witnesses.

-------

Sorry, but the term: hogtied as applied to victims isn't shocking to me.

Over the past 10 yrs. of my doing crime research there are many cases where the perp. has done that.

Look it up.

I am tired of doing everyone else's work.

And yes, I have been a violent crime victim myself, several times over, have loved ones who have been, can empathize with victims of violent crime. That's why I post on this site, and other sites over the years.

I also have the college degrees and honors to prove my intellectual interests.

I did look it up, I was shocked by the pics that I came across. Like I said I was shocked by the term as I had only ever heard it in relation to animals. I was merely musing over the use of it, wondering if AS used it, the media or LE.

I apologize if you felt compelled to do any work regarding my post, that was not my intention.

5pm their time I'm guessing, I'm EST. Ooh I'm glad we all watched the videos when we did, because as per usual, they'll be gone swiftly. I screen grabbed everything and his cyber footprint. You can see by way of searching that all he did in Oct was search via youtube about Jessica. From the 6th-16th all his searches were in conjunction with it. That user has not been on youtube since the 16th of Oct.

I did look it up, I was shocked by the pics that I came across. Like I said I was shocked by the term as I had only ever heard it in relation to animals. I was merely musing over the use of it, wondering if AS used it, the media or LE.

I apologize if you felt compelled to do any work regarding my post, that was not my intention.
----------

It's OK, I didn't mean to imply that. Anyway, there have been many abduction/rape and/or murder cases over the years where the victim was "hogtied".

So sickening.

So since police are returning donated reward money, that suggests the person who called the tip in on Sunday did not help lead to the arrest - otherwise they would have gotten the reward. MOO
Not necessarily. It might suggest that anyone who might have led to the arrest declined the reward and said "Give it back to those who donated".

Although IMO, it was the mother calling it in alone that led to the arrest at this time. Not to say that EVENTUALLY someone else might have linked AS up with the murder, but how long might that have taken? What else might have happened?

5pm their time I'm guessing, I'm EST. Ooh I'm glad we all watched the videos when we did, because as per usual, they'll be gone swiftly. I screen grabbed everything and his cyber footprint. You can see by way of searching that all he did in Oct was search via youtube about Jessica. From the 6th-16th all his searches were in conjunction with it. That user has not been on youtube since the 16th of Oct.

You can see the searches another user has done on YouTube?

I wrote earlier that I grew up 10 blocks away from where she was found. My friend from elementary school lives right by here; or she did when we were little...

It is not a desolated area, and in Colorado, there are so many "open spaces" that resemble this area, even in the Denver Metro Area.

I guess when you see just a small snip of an area, and you know what happened there you conjur up all kinds of images in your mind. I can't imagine living in that area and knowing what went on. I can't imagine no one seeing what was going on. Oh my, so sad. jmo

Not necessarily. It might suggest that anyone who might have led to the arrest declined the reward and said "Give it back to those who donated".

Although IMO, it was the mother calling it in alone that led to the arrest at this time. Not to say that EVENTUALLY someone else might have linked AS up with the murder, but how long might that have taken? What else might have happened?

I never knew there was a reward. How much was it? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member