CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the way her mom talked about her, I remember one quote where she said she wanted to be a cheerleader, but one who was nice to everyone. That just struck me as being so sweet. Poor Jessica, R.I.P. I hope her killer never sees the light of day except when he's in the prison courtyard.

What struck me with Jessica's mothers' statement was that she siad that she sent her daughter out the door to school and that all she wanted was for her to walk back through that door ... that she wouldn't wish the pain she felt on anyone else.

This might be unpopular, but it does bother me that this case got 200+ LE working it, and other unsolved murders will never get that amount of effort. Even other high-profiles ones don't get anywhere near 200+ LE. Would there be as many LE if they believed a family member was responsible?

I don't find anyone at fault for putting too many people on this case.

Can we all just wish/pray we had the resources to do the same in all the others?

Her personality really did shine through the pictures. She seemed genuinely joyful. At least her life seems to have been a happy one, in spite of the tragic and premature ending.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jessica seemed to have a charming curiosity and we heard that she desperately wanted to be a teenager, so much so that her mother had to reign her in a bit ... not uncommon with teenagers ... that fine line between playing dress up and walking down the street like that.

Since the arrest have there been any reports of any attempted abductions. Or if there have did I just miss them? tia

i can't keep up with all the threads! Has anyone already asked if AS could be responsible for Kayleah Wilson's death? Depending on his bd he'd either have been 15 or 16 in 2010...she was also found in a drain pipe (as Jessica was found very near the same kind of pipe). Google maps says Greeley CO is about 50 miles from Westminster CO. Would Kayleah have thought he was 'safe' to accept a ride, since he's a young teen?

I also think this case grabbed alot of attention because LE came out quickly to say family was NOT involved...
IMO.. By doing so, it allowed people to know.. The mom and dads emotions were real, nothing was fake.

This was shortly after the apparent stranger abduction of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale, Iowa (July 13, 2012). At the same time, a similar aged girl was abducted in Cody, Wyoming (suspect: father of two; photographer). That 11 year old girl was found in a grizzly habitat and would not have survived the night. So, several young girls abducted in the same age bracket were suddenly missing from the same general region (12 hour drive). Investigators couldn't afford to stand around and wonder if Jessica had wandered away after the mother reported the abduction on a Friday ... like what happened in Iowa.

Since the arrest have there been any reports of any attempted abductions. Or if there have did I just miss them? tia

I've not heard of any attempted abductions since AS was arrested.

I'll admit, there was something about the JR case that just struck a chord with me when many other abduction cases did not in the past. I have no idea what it was about her, maybe it was just because she seemed like such a sweet kid I was rooting for her to be found.

I think too, the fact that poor mom didn't realize she was gone until 8 hours later made everyone pause and realize the implications of that. It made time feel even MORE of the essence.

PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT. ATLANTA ATTORNEY AND LEGAL ANALYST HOLLY HUGHES WILL BE ON TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO TONIGHT 8 PM EASTERN. OUR TOPIC IS JESSICA RIDGEWAY AND HER 17 YEAR OLD KILLER.
YOU ALL HAVE SEEN HOLLY MANY TIMES ON NANCY GRACE AND OTHER SHOWS. SHE IS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING GUEST. ALSO JOINING HOLLY WILL BE DENVER BASED ABC NEWS PRODUCER CAROL McKINLEY!!

LISTEN HERE!!!!! TONIGHT 8 PM EST.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O/T - I hope all of my WS friends in the path of Hurricane Sandy stay safe over the next couple of days.:seeya:

What accomplices?

this was just if he had accomplices, I would hope they weren't going along with the whole thing, that they never even knew the whole plan, and thought it was something less than what is actually was.

This was shortly after the apparent stranger abduction of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale, Iowa (July 13, 2012). At the same time, a similar aged girl was abducted in Cody, Wyoming (suspect: father of two; photographer). That 11 year old girl was found in a grizzly habitat and would not have survived the night. So, several young girls abducted in the same age bracket were suddenly missing from the same general region (12 hour drive). Investigators couldn't afford to stand around and wonder if Jessica had wandered away after the mother reported the abduction on a Friday ... like what happened in Iowa.
In addition to that, LE had already alerted parents in this community about the candyman, who had attempted to abduct children just prior to her disappearance.

In addition to that, LE had already alerted parents in this community about the candyman, who had attempted to abduct children just prior to her disappearance.

yes. it still bothers me that any child was out alone after those attempted lurings. I wish the whole community had implemented better protections for all the neighborhood kids, regardless of their situation, to get around safely. I guess most people assume their kids will refuse candy and not go near the car, not realizing the abductor could escalate and grab one into the car. seeing as how he failed twice to lure boys with candy, parents probably thought he was not that dangerous, and was also only after boys. but combined with the Ketner attempt, it just seemed pretty risky to be out alone, as a child or a woman. I guess people disregard failed abductions with more ease. it takes the real deal to get people concerned, I guess.

Let's stay focused on Jessica. If you have a question for a mod, please send them a pm.

Thanks!

Salem

I'm new to this board. I try to stay away from the horrid news stories, but the brutality commited on Jessica is beyond words..how in the name of Mary, Jesus and Joseph can a kid become such an evil monster...I'm glad the LE are trying him as an adult....and what about the other 17 year old kid in Colorado driving around with his mother's dismembered body in the back seat bagged up?....

What's with Colorado and the horrific crimes going on there...the recent abductions, brutal killings of little girls, the Columbine massacre, several other high school shooting sprees, the red haired maniac shooting, killing moviegoers watching the Batman movie ?

Relief followed the arrest of 17-year-old Austin Sigg in connection with her death, but most adults — parents and community leaders — remain on high alert as Oct. 31 approaches. Along with fears of copycat crime and stranger danger, there is new awareness that even trusted neighborhood kids may be masking dark and twisted urges.

Read more: Parents on high alert this Halloween after Jessica Ridgeway murder - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...alloween-after-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AZNs6bOY

Just reading Thread #21 catching up and came upon atthelake's post below.. I am so very sad and the page is so blurry from tears.. I did not know until seeing this post..

I am so so very sad..

Sooner, we will miss you..make sure to give all those little angels a kiss for us and let them know we are here fighting to see justice for each one of them..

RIP SOONER!

:( This is the first I am hearing of this. Swift Journeys Sooner.

Some of his classmates have remarked that he was fascinated with death ... don't remember where I read that ... but he was an unpopular child that didn't socialize properly, was awkward and stand offish, and seemed pre-occupied with death. If this is true, which I believe, then he didn't strangle Jessica in the car as soon as he abducted her. I think there was an entire fantasy ... that included the dismemberment ... that he played out. Her backpack was found the day after she was abducted, some of her remains five days later. Her clothes were found in her backpack, so she was gone by then.

How much time did Austin have alone between 8:30 AM on October 5 and when was he next seen? Where was he staying at the time? When did he return to his mother's home? Why did he miss school on Monday? Was he traveling to the open space near the old mines on Leyden Road on Monday?

If he was so fascinated by the subject of death, why didn't he just kill himself, and then he would have known all there was to know....And Little Jessica would have walked back through her mother's front door.

I don't think this case is any different from other cases that capture media interest in that sensational elements played a huge role. Jessica was walking to a school in suburbia, she was abducted, and later found dismembered. We heard reports about how the community was in fear, predator on the loose, etc. Then, he is arrested and he's a 17-year-old who's obsessed with death and was studying forensics and mortuary science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717